• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

All discussions regarding the financial/economic system for the new gang system (forum and multiplayer) have been moved into this topic.

How do you think the money should be earned and spent? Try to discuss, without arguing!

Why not reset everyones money to be in line with their post count and/or arcade scores (which is how it was generated in the first place). That way stuff you've bought before doesn't count, and any unscrupulous gains (stealing, bank robberies, dual accounts etc) are discounted? That's more fair than putting everyone on level pegging.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#2 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

Why not reset everyones money to be in line with their post count and/or arcade scores (which is how it was generated in the first place). That way stuff you've bought before doesn't count, and any unscrupulous gains (stealing, bank robberies, dual accounts etc) are discounted? That's more fair than putting everyone on level pegging.

If anything, it would definitely have to at least go by post count, because the arcade doesn't really have anything to do with the message board, and a lot of us don't use it((my money has come all from posting and selling back items i didn't want anymore)). But I have earned a lot of interest((as a lot of us have)), and I don't think we should have that taken from us.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#3 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

Interest is probably the bulk of your money, I see your point.

I would suggest adjusting the store so you can sell back items for price originally paid, good up the launch of the
new system. This way we don't lose money from interest (my credit card STILL doesn't work) & it settles the issue
of money spent on RPGs, tanks, etc that can't be used in the game.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#4 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

Spaz - I disagree to an extent, although I see why you don't want money to be taken away from you.

However, the only reason you have so much money is because you've been here so long. If you had joined last year, and you were still equally awesome and posted the same amount, you wouldn't have anywhere near as much money. It is pretty unfair that you have lots of money because you joined in 04, and anyone else equally active has to wait 5 years to have a chance of having as much money as you, by which time you'll have tripled yours anyway.

I don't think we should practically rule out all the new members. That would result in having one or two gangs full of super-rich forum veterans, who own everyone else simply because they've got fuckloads of money from their 5 years here. It also encourages spamming for people to get super-high post counts quickly.

Chris keeps insisting that "post counts dont matter", but now we're saying that "get a big postcount = have more stuff for gangwars = win more = be more awesome"

If, for example, money was calculated from posts from now onwards, that would put everyone on a level pegging and allow you each to earn your money through current awesomeness, not past awesomeness. Just like if you joined a brand new forum and started again. That way the money coes to people who are active now, not just 5 years ago.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#5 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Great idea, I'd love to see that happening.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#6 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

Great idea, I'd love to see that happening.

I agree.

I've never really cared for forum money ever since the store became unusable but I understand that some members do like their forum money counts but I've realised that it's just there for power now, that's the only reason most of us has kept the forum dollars. I only have $160,000 which I couldn't careless about, I was given most of it by Quickdeath when he left but since then I haven't found any use for it. That's why I suggested the idea of resetting people's money counts to something like $100,000.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#7 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:48 AM

Spaz - I disagree to an extent, although I see why you don't want money to be taken away from you.

However, the only reason you have so much money is because you've been here so long. If you had joined last year, and you were still equally awesome and posted the same amount, you wouldn't have anywhere near as much money. It is pretty unfair that you have lots of money because you joined in 04, and anyone else equally active has to wait 5 years to have a chance of having as much money as you, by which time you'll have tripled yours anyway.

I don't think we should practically rule out all the new members. That would result in having one or two gangs full of super-rich forum veterans, who own everyone else simply because they've got fuckloads of money from their 5 years here. It also encourages spamming for people to get super-high post counts quickly.

Chris keeps insisting that "post counts dont matter", but now we're saying that "get a big postcount = have more stuff for gangwars = win more = be more awesome"

If, for example, money was calculated from posts from now onwards, that would put everyone on a level pegging and allow you each to earn your money through current awesomeness, not past awesomeness. Just like if you joined a brand new forum and started again. That way the money coes to people who are active now, not just 5 years ago.

Ah, however, I have not been earning this money since 04. For a while the store wasn't in working order, and then we finally got it up working again, and Chris restarted everyone's money((or else my money would literately not go down, because at the time I had glitched my money to be infinite)). So really, it's only a year or two worth of saving. Not five.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#8 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:14 AM

So with this very limited amount of money within the forums, how will the economy be? (Generally)

Posted Image

#9 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:56 AM

What Spaz was saying in the other topic.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#10 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

Move the economy-related posts from the other topic into this one, and move another one of your posts earlier post, merge with someone elses post, or merge with a deleted post, for the intro of this topic.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#11 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

Right, here's what I think. I agree with Gerard though. The money on the forum has never been used for something real and therefore hasn't been earned in the way people earn money nowadays - I highly doubt people earn money from posting on a forum. By this I mean we should get rid of posting points and let people earn their money on MTA, that way the system may avoid being abused as it currently is. It wouldn't mean resetting the forum dollars to zero but to do as what Gerard said.

The maximum amount of money with Gerard's idea that anyone can have is about $90,000 but nobody has created 9000 topics so it's less.

Posted Image

#12 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

Well, plus the creation of topics which equals to 500 points.

And if we don't reset forum dollars to Zero, then why we need to have them any further?

The way I'd like to see it work is make your money on MTA, and have it update on the forums as statistics etc. However, people who aren't able to get on MTA are a problem, and Spaz saying it's unfair because he has hundreds of millions is also a problem, because he's the only one with that amount of money.

Posted Image

#13 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

And if we don't reset forum dollars to Zero, then why we need to have them any further?

The way I'd like to see it work is make your money on MTA, and have it update on the forums as statistics etc. However, people who aren't able to get on MTA are a problem, and Spaz saying it's unfair because he has hundreds of millions is also a problem, because he's the only one with that amount of money.

Spaz isn't the only one and you're only saying it's fair because you have fuck all cash.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#14 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:06 PM

I only have about 270k..How can that be compared to Spaz's money?

Posted Image

#15 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Spaz isn't the only one and you're only saying it's fair because you have fuck all cash.

I highly doubt you have that much either.

I would like a vote on Gerard's idea simply because it is a good idea and it will surely help. It may be hard work but surely it can be solved, if it does come into play then I'd help.

---

I've had enough of what some certain people have had to say because it's their Ideas that they think should be going through because their either a scripter or a high ranked member. I'll take the example of Connor, if someone suggests an idea he would probably insult them or something, then go on with his own idea and try his best to get public opinion.

There are only a few that I'd not give the above statement to. Sherman, Rem and Evo, Evo because he has not done anything to piss some of us off and Sherman because he listens to what others have to say, others do not. I know that someone agrees with me because I was toalked to by that person but I'm not going to mention anything further.

So yeah, the statement was mainly aimed at Connor, I couldn't careless what he has to say because that's what he would have to say. I also don't care that he has a colour either, that's the only reason he's turning immature yet again, I'm surprised he was even trusted with the job with his sick, immature remarks that I seemingly remember him making in the past.

Edited by Thomas., 12 January 2009 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

#16 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

I really think we should have a separate money system for the multiplayer, All gangs get equal starting money or something in the line.

A major reason for this is if we have the forum store integrated with the game the number of spammers are going to go up. Then again it wouldn't be fair to reset the forum store money earned by the members, especially the veterans who have opened up various stores/contests etc to earn that money.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#17 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

I just find it really unfair that spaz has lots of money because he's been here since 2004, long before this system comes into place. Anyone who joined even a year before this system is built has NO chance of earning as much as spaz, not for many years.

So, like I said before, we need to start a NEW system that starts TODAY. So start counting money from now. Sure, give some people a head start if you must, but make it fair. Fair doesn't meal equal, it means everyone has the same opportunity to earn fuckloads of money. Yes it ignores what you've done so far, but it means that if you are TRULY awesome (during THIS gang system), then you do really well (in THIS gang system).

Or as a compromise, work it out from everyone's current post count. This is still slightly fair, because it discounts any interest, any purchases, bank robberies, or any mistakes in the system so far, or any staff actions so far.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#18 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

Move the economy-related posts from the other topic into this one, and move another one of your posts earlier post, merge with someone elses post, or merge with a deleted post, for the intro of this topic.

..... Yeah... Uh...... What you said..... o.o

and Spaz saying it's unfair because he has hundreds of millions is also a problem, because he's the only one with that amount of money.

lol

I highly doubt you have that much either.

I would like a vote on Gerard's idea simply because it is a good idea and it will surely help. It may be hard work but surely it can be solved, if it does come into play then I'd help.

---

I've had enough of what some certain people have had to say because it's their Ideas that they think should be going through because their either a scripter or a high ranked member. I'll take the example of Connor, if someone suggests an idea he would probably insult them or something, then go on with his own idea and try his best to get public opinion.

There are only a few that I'd not give the above statement to. Sherman, Rem and Evo, Evo because he has not done anything to piss some of us off and Sherman because he listens to what others have to say, others do not. I know that someone agrees with me because I was toalked to by that person but I'm not going to mention anything further.

So yeah, the statement was mainly aimed at Connor, I couldn't careless what he has to say because that's what he would have to say. I also don't care that he has a colour either, that's the only reason he's turning immature yet again, I'm surprised he was even trusted with the job with his sick, immature remarks that I seemingly remember him making in the past.

Eh, the people who have the tendency to do that, usually have fuck-all power anyways. So... No worries anyways. And the ones that do it anyways, usually can't get the backing by people who have the power.

I just find it really unfair that spaz has lots of money because he's been here since 2004, long before this system comes into place. Anyone who joined even a year before this system is built has NO chance of earning as much as spaz, not for many years.

I have not been gaining money since 04. If you want to go by join date I was technically here mid-03.... So that's like another year of "earned money".

Posted Image

lolz

#19 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

I don't mean year of earning money, i mean year of opportunity to learn money.

If someone was here for 1 year, and posted 5x a day (which is a significant amount), they'd have 1800 posts. If someone was here for 5 years, and only posted 3x per day (a lot less), they'd have 5400 posts - thats 3x as many posts. Work that into points/dollars, and don't forget the interest earned over 5 years.

The only reason the 2nd person has more money (plus interest) is because they've been here longer. Whilst you may think that forum age/experience is equivalent to awesomeness/maturity and thus you should have more money, that's not really true.

Starting from today (or whenever) is fair, as everyone has the same opportunity. Whether you were here 03 to 08 is irrelevant to this gang system I reckon.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#20 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

Also, not to forget topics. I'd say the ratio of Topics to Posts would be something like 1/50 meaning someone with 100 posts would have made at least 2 topics. Someone with 1000 posts would have made 20 topics. So in actual fact a person who has 1000 posts may be:

(980 x 5) + (20 x 10) = 4900 + 200 = $5100 in total

Whereas if the posting points were to have been increased by $5 and topic points were to be increased by $10 then the total would be double and thus meaning members having much more money to spend. I earn over $1600 interest a week which is still more than what most members have in total. 10 Weeks ago I would've had $15000 less forum dollars.

I'm going to calculate approximately what Spaz the Great should have if he had only the posting points in his account:

20 x 9 = 180 for Topics = $1800 for Topics
Leaving 8820 for posts.
8820 x 10 = 88200
88200/2 = 39600
39600 + 1800 = 41400
Grand Total of Approximately $41400

Edited by Thomas., 12 January 2009 - 09:01 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users