104 replies to this topic

#41 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

No problem Noodle.

Just a quick t post to let you all know I've updated the first post, the Nav is now a bit clearer and cleaner, and it's much easier to find what you're after. Also, keep posting links / site you like to use, they're always handy ;)

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#42 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

Just thought I'd drop in here to say at some point this week I'll finally get around to posting video links in the second post of this topic for the "You Suck At Photoshop" series.

Also, for those of you who use CS4 and want to learn how to properly use the Content Aware Scaling tool, I learned how to use it properly and effectively a while ago. If anyone wants then I can write up a quick tutorial, though there are some videos I could point you to as well.

#43 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

"There's always something,"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:18 AM

OK, I need help on this; I'll give over 9000 internets for those who will help me on turning the coupe on Strawberry into a GTA San Andreas-style lowrider:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ubisoft should take a look at this...
"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:9-10

#44 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:06 AM

LOL what did you mean by 9000 internets ?

I have a idea try making the car, oh I mean stretch it downwards a little and a bit more towards the right....fix any small errors if they come there and then darken the car i mean make it like dark red.....remove that strawberries on the car and the three balls on top of the lights....try it out and show me the result.... :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

• Members
  • 2,976 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

LOL what did you mean by 9000 internets ?

I have a idea try making the car, oh I mean stretch it downwards a little and a bit more towards the right....fix any small errors if they come there and then darken the car i mean make it like dark red.....remove that strawberries on the car and the three balls on top of the lights....try it out and show me the result.... :)

About the over 9000 internets, it's a 4chan in-joke of sorts, taken from Dragonball Z, as well as Dubya's interpretation of the web.

And as for the car, what if I take a car from SA, pan it to match the pic, and then do some touch-up work?

Posted Image

#46 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:28 AM

Yeah lol thats a better idea just take a car change the color and then do some touch up work like adding the flowers on tyres,and stuff you know............ :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 TOXIC

TOXIC

Right Hand Man of the Raiders

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:35 AM

Lmao.... something like this?
Posted Image

Well the main problem here is the quality of the car stock, I didn't get any good ones....so I decided to reduce the beauty of Sb Sc poster as well. If anyone could get me a high quality stock I may try upon it one more time.

The Raiders' MC Gang Chat-The Raiders' MC Recruitment

Posted Image
Want a Signature? An Avatar? Any Graphic work? Just checkout the following links :
TOXIC's Graphic Shop or TOXIC's Graphic Gallery

#48 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

LOL serously why did you use those filters just using that real car without blurring/filtering it and then changing the color would have done a great job.... nice job anyways... :)

Edited by Eazy., 09 April 2009 - 11:16 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

• Members
  • 2,976 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

Lmao.... something like this?
Posted Image

Well the main problem here is the quality of the car stock, I didn't get any good ones....so I decided to reduce the beauty of Sb Sc poster as well. If anyone could get me a high quality stock I may try upon it one more time.

LOLZOR! Now that's what I call gangsta... :awesome:

I'll do my own attempt at this in a few days; as for your shoop, it is quite nice, although it needs some touching up and stuff.

Posted Image

#50 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

• Members
  • 2,976 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:13 AM

lolz, another spoof advert by yours truly, promoting the Dilettante in the style of, well, you know who she is...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, I guess it still needs some touching up and stuff, and oh, and try reading the fine print at the bottom... :hurrhurr:

God Bless and Happy Easter, everyone...

Posted Image

#51 TOXIC

TOXIC

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

Hey man, the site http://www.designious.com/ may also come in handy. Add if you feel its addworthy. :)

Posted Image
Want a Signature? An Avatar? Any Graphic work? Just checkout the following links :

#52 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for the input tox, I had to dig a bit to get to the free stuff, so I'll post a direct link in the first post ;)
Also, new sig, and shit.

Just thought I'd drop in here to say at some point this week I'll finally get around to posting video links in the second post of this topic for the "You Suck At Photoshop" series.

ITT, lies.

:awesome:

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

#53 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

Some more sites to add.

HongKiat: Some sweet tutorials, Worth looking into.
SXC The best site for stocks I've come across so far Some cool tutorials too, Haven't gone through them much though.

Edited by EvoLuTioN, 23 April 2009 - 09:15 PM.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#54 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

I've actually been using stock.xchange for years, but I never posted here because i didn't think many people cared for stock images :/ Awesome site nonetheless.

Just had a flick through hongkiat, and it looks awesome, thanks for the input evo ;)

Posted Image

#55 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

I actually lost the link to the site, had bookmarked it on my old hard drive. Couldn't find it Google cause sxc and stocks kept giving me links to stock exchange site. Just recently hit me to try Sxc and Photoshop, silly ol' me :P

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#56 TOXIC

TOXIC

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:24 AM

Thanks for the input tox, I had to dig a bit to get to the free stuff, so I'll post a direct link in the first post ;)
Also, new sig, and shit.

:hurrhurr: Thats awesome. Really good work. My Bad :(

Edit - Can somebody please put some light on Vector/s? Don't copy paste. I just want to learn the way how people over here think of vectors. Anyone?

Edit 2 - Check out http://monstertuts.com

Edited by TOXIC, 24 April 2009 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image

#57 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

Not quite sure what you're asking tox, do you want to know what vectors are / what vector is? Or, do do you want our opinion on them? I'll give both anyway.

What are vectors?

Vector images are images generated by a program such as photoshop (or, more successfully, illustartor). What separates theses images from regular images (such as jpg, png, gif) is that they can be resized, up or down, as many times as you like with no loss of quality, at all. A common use for this method would be a company logo. They might need to put this logo on a letter (quite small) or on a billboard (huge) One single vector image could handle both of these easily, because you only need one file, which won't go down in quality.
Any image created by using the shape tool in photoshop, or generated through using paths, is a vector.
Vector images, though, don't hold a universally viewable file type. That means you can't save them for viewing on your PC without special software (PS, illustrator, etc) And they also will not display for web users.. The most common file types for vectors, though are .eps and .ai .

What do I think about vectors?
being a graphic designer / student of I'm pretty much obliged to say I think they're awesome, and far more versatile as far as industry is concerned, since 9 / 10 times, logos are required to be vectors, instead of regular 'raster' images.
I also think that many people have the tendency to call some images 'vector art' - this only applies, rally if the image is 100% vector, and can be scaled as such, with no quality loss. That is not to say a combination of images derived from vectors and raster images can't look good, it's just a matter of me being a bit funny about terminology, as most designers do tend to be ;)

I'll add some images to help you understand better if you like?

Fuck it, here:

Posted Image

That's pretty much it, but if you wanna see for yourself, download this .eps and open it in photoshop at 100x100, and 1500x1500, and see how they look the same.

Posted Image

#58 TOXIC

TOXIC

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

Gotcha. Thanks :) If anyone else wants to share their idea of vectors, go for it :)

Posted Image

#59 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

Ah. So vectors are... practically. Logo's?

#60 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

Ah. So vectors are... practically. Logo's?

Not as such, no. Moar liek logos are vectors....most of the time. Like, the Grand theft auto logo would be a vector, originally. Because R* need it to be huge for billboard ads, and tiny for game boxarts, stickers etc. However, when it's put onto a screenshot, it's no longer a vector, since it's been made into a jpeg. ('raster' image) It's only a vector when it's in a vector file. Moving it from a vector file to a jpeg stops it being vector, even though the source was vector.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users