Windows 7

Spaz The Great

I just got windows 7 and using Mozilla. Norton says the site has to viruses:

Threats found: 2

Here is a complete list:

Threat Name: Trojan.Vundo.B

File name: /apps/Symantec/shasta/analysis/cache/cache_22/1107274317_MTAInstall05.exe

Signature (MD5): 2909dbbee2a6cc36650e101a38272122

Location: http://files.gtainside.com/downloads/ftp/1...TAInstall05.exe

Threat Name: Trojan.Vundo.B

File name: /apps/Symantec/shasta/analysis/cache/cache_513/MTAInstall05.exe

Signature (MD5): 2909dbbee2a6cc36650e101a38272122

Location: http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/mta/MTAInstall05.exe

It may be some trainers.

Um.... It clearly says MTA..... And yeah, I think AVG screamed at me one day saying some MTA file was a virus. Whatever.....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
SV: Installation took an hour? Fuck that's a long time. I thought you had pretty good specs too. Only took me half an hour or so, which for an OS is pretty decent.

:rolleyes:

Well, I actually tried Windows 7 in my shitty computer, not my Quad. My Quad will stick with Vista, etc ;)

Ew, why? Why not give your better PC the better OS?

I've deleted the beta from my hard drive for now. Just can't be bothered to try it properly. I'll just wait til the second beta or maybe even the RC's before I try it again. Assuming they do the same sort of releases as they did for vista.

Eh, and I disliked the beta. It's full of bugs, so I rolled back to XP.

• 2 weeks later...
Erm... I deleted the beta from my laptop a few days ago but now I want to merge back the unallocated space to my C: drive. I'm on Vista btw. I tried PartitionMagic but that's not compatible with Vista so can anyone suggest any good 3rd-party apps for this?

You can't use Window's drive manager?

Start > (Right Click) Computer > Manage > Disk Management

Wait for it to load then right click on your Vista partition and choose "Expand" or whatever and it should add the space back. Works for me anyway but I haven't tried it with Windows 7, not sure how that could affect it.

A quick thought: I have to admit, the system's fine, but they still goofed up in some aspects, such as file associations - for example, a program took over the association for GIFs, but you want to roll it back. You can roll it back to the default application, but they made it in a way that you can't change the icon for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The latest known circulating build is 7048.

Something interesting I found is that starting with this build, Microsoft is going to allow you to completely remove Internet Explorer from the operating system.

ie7%20remove.jpg

Source

Discuss.

cool.

i remember on xp i got some virus which kept making ie popups, the only way i could fix it (aside from reformat) was to delete IE...had to use something called XPLite.

but its good that they are making it optional to install it / able to uninstall it.

The latest known circulating build is 7048.

Something interesting I found is that starting with this build, Microsoft is going to allow you to completely remove Internet Explorer from the operating system.

ie7%20remove.jpg

Source

Discuss.

:wtf: Microsoft.... ISN'T forcing their programs? This...... Indescribable.... Microsoft... Is growing up!

LOL, i'd get 7, but my PC doesn't meet their ridiculous requirements of..... What was it? Something like:

3.2 GHz 12 Core CPU

16GB DDR3 RAM

3GB NVIDIA GTX 295 SLI GPU

Something like that..... ;)

MUST you constantly post stupid shit?

I'm expressing my feelings about Vista and 7 having ridiculous requirements.

:wtf: Microsoft.... ISN'T forcing their programs? This...... Indescribable.... Microsoft... Is growing up!

This is truly a miracle to be cherished forever by Windows users, and hated forever by Mac and Linux Users.

7 hardly has ridiculous requirements, and Vista's aren't that bad either. It's not Microsoft's fault if your computer is an outdated piece of shit, you'll just have to keep using your outdated piece of shit operating system.

LOL, yes, my System sucks. :yup:

And XP is a great OS. I like 7, my friend has it, and I borrowed his Laptop for a few days, but Vista, to me, doesn't seem like a great OS.

• 4 weeks later...

7 hardly has ridiculous requirements, and Vista's aren't that bad either. It's not Microsoft's fault if your computer is an outdated piece of shit, you'll just have to keep using your outdated piece of shit operating system.

I must admit, I just installed 7((finally, but only build 7000)), and it runs just fine on my PC. The initial startup of my computer is still the same, but once I'm in the actual OS environment, it isn't too bad. It seems a bit like Vista, only "prettier", and they fixed that shut down button that I fucking hated. Why make the button that has the infamous "POWER" logo on it mean sleep!?!?!? Anyways....

I'd also like to say that XP is a fine OS. I'm currently in XP because I have no internet with W7, because I'm having difficulties with my wireless card. Apparently, Linksys are total douche-bags......