Convert PC save data?

silverballer95

I don't have the PS3 or Xbox360 versions but it was indeed possible with GTASA on the PS2 (I even made a video

). I know for a fact though that the savegame has nothing to do with the mods enabled on the game.

If the game for PS3 and Xbox360 use the same format as the PC version (meaning they use files.txt to determine if any files have been modified), then you simply need to do the same thing as you would on the PC version. Again, I don't have either of those versions so I can't say whether it will work or not. You also need a modchip in your console to play copied games.

It looks like that in that video you're using the X-NRG500 mod and a hack to stop the bike instantly when you land.

No, I have a modchip installed in my PS2. All I did was modify the handling.cfg file a bit. Changed the mass, traction, speed, brakes, etc. then reburnt the disc. I also used a few CodeBreaker cheats like Never Fall Off Bike so I can tank through traffic. I never heard of the X-NRG500 mod.

Is there a way to convert the pc save data to a PS3 format so I can have mods too? I don't have a good computer to play games on. I use a laptop. Please answer!

Ummm... The save file really has nothing to do with modding......

Funniest thing iv read all day. Not possible and never will be!

No, it is possible. You just have to be able to rip, modify, reburn, and run the game. You'd definitely need to hack the PS3, either soft or hard mod. But regardless, it would have to be altered.

Funniest thing iv read all day. Not possible and never will be!

Was that necessary to be such a dick? I was just asking a simple question because you can't play GTA IV on a laptop like mine, and I simply want some mods on my game. Nor do I even want to go waste more of my money to buy a game I already have, just so I can have mods. So a simple "No" would have been proficient, but instead you wasted my time when I read it, and you lost my respect.

Sorry that you lost valuable seconds reading that. Anyway, it is possible but its just to frustrating and probably wont be easy. Just download one of the save's here, thats what i did.

EDIT: Just noticed that i misread your intention. Iv never actually heard of converting PC save's over to PS3, PS3 to PC maybe but im not sure about PC to PS3.

Edited by joelzaar

Sorry that you lost valuable seconds reading that. Anyway, it is possible but its just to frustrating and probably wont be easy. Just download one of the save's here, thats what i did.

EDIT: Just noticed that i misread your intention. Iv never actually heard of converting PC save's over to PS3, PS3 to PC maybe but im not sure about PC to PS3.

Ok sorry. I just wanted to know if there was I way thatmods could be taken from the P.C. version of the game, and put on a console version, particularly the PS3. Or maybe even those new suits I've seen. I like the new buttoned up suit with the black tie. I hope that they make it DLC for PS3.

Changing the PS3 version would be possible but it be very difficult and expensive. You would need to have a computer that can run and burn Blue Ray and then you would have to figure out which file contains what etc etc, way too much work. The easiest thing you can do is buy the PC game from R* themeselves .

http://www.rockstargames.com/warehouse/

Its only about $50 US.

• 2 weeks later...