65 replies to this topic

#41 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

I think any administrators, super mods, scripters(even though part of the multiplayer scene, they still connect with each other), anyone who can view other gangs forums or have an advantage with anything, etc shouldn't be allowed in a gang, since it will sorta be unfair. I've discussed this with super mods, and admins and most think it's a good idea.

Yeah, like I said before, Rockstarrem and EvoLuTioN would have to leave but they should still have access to the private forum after all the FFM has Domenics surname in it and I don't think it would be fair if he couldn't access the gang he created.

Edited by Thomas., 02 January 2009 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#42 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

I agree with Thomas, I think they should be able to keep in contact with the gang but not share any info.

Edited by Scott., 02 January 2009 - 03:54 PM.

#43 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

I think any administrators, super mods, scripters(even though part of the multiplayer scene, they still connect with each other), anyone who can view other gangs forums or have an advantage with anything, etc shouldn't be allowed in a gang, since it will sorta be unfair. I've discussed this with super mods, and admins and most think it's a good idea.

Yeah, like I said before, Rockstarrem and EvoLuTioN would have to leave but they should still have access to the private forum after all the FFM has Domenics surname in it and I don't think it would be fair if he couldn't access the gang he created.

Maybe he doesn't want to access the gang he created?

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#44 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

Lol :P. His decision really, but I would think he would like to see how it is going on.

#45 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

If you think about it, it's Rem's gang, and it seriously would be unfair, as it's under his surname. I think it should remain, because Mods, Super Mods, admins (Dunno about that) and scripters won't get a chance to actually be part of a gang, only run the whole system. I think leave it as it is, and see where it goes, if moderators that have access to most of the gangs private forums abuse that power, then something should be done to stop that.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#46 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

Well, moderaters and super mods are fine, but rem is also a scripter, so being in a gang would be unfair, and he's told me things that he hasn't probably told most of you.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#47 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

Only admins and the dedicated gang staff have access to private gang subforums. Other supermods and section moderators do not. I doubt that would change under this new system. I don't believe they could legitimately be in a gang.

I imagine gang-related powers would be restricted to those same people, such as editing gangs, editing inventories, managing the shop etc. Those powers would not be available to any gang members. Same for any scripters that have access to change things.

However, other moderators should still be able to do their job effectively even if they were in a gang. We simply can't start bickering about which moderator can deal with a bumped topic or some warez, just because the perpetrator is in a rival gang. Our staff have a lot more integrity than that, and I'm positive none of them are that petty.

As for scripters that submit stuff to the team (rather than implementing it themselves), there is no reason why they couldn't be in a gang - they don't have any actual 'power' themselves.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#48 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

Well, Rem is running the server, etc.

So I doubt he'd be allowed to be in a gang.

And me...I won't.

Evo, nope.

And that's probably it. I think.

Edited by Twisted, 03 January 2009 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image

#49 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

He's only got access to the FFM private forum though, I don't see why he can't stay in the gang. He tells us that he won't be leaving for quite some time, so I guess he's staying. He's not likely to reveal gang plans to us either, he's not like that - I don't think so anyway. If I didn't know about this I wouldn't have mentioned it and I'm not posting what he said because we won't reveal info outside the private forum unless necessary and this is almost completely unnecessary to do with what Earthbound is trying to say.

Anyway, I had a talk with Earthbound and I'm going to make graphics to help promote some of the stuff he said. They will be completed over the coming months. It's a big project alongside the FFM gang sigs. The Graphics will be somewhat based on GTA Games, mainly GTA San Andreas because the server is set in San Andreas. Earthbound please can you PM with what main things you would like in the graphics, including sizes, characters, place's withing San Andreas and text on the graphics.

Posted Image

#50 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:56 AM

Yeah I don't see what's wrong with having mods in gangs either. I mean, if we did incorporate Cops into the MP, the mods/admins could have turned themselves into a Police force that wouldn't interfere with the fairness of each gang, as they oppose to all of them. Just a suggestion to get the mods involved too.

Posted Image

#51 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

Brief Update: Just to keep you all posted on what's currently happening with the non-MP gang stuff, here's the goss. We've created a new Recruitment and Chat forum so we're getting a good fresh start. All old topics (other than currently active chat topics) will be moved into the gang archives.

I've completed the new rules as well as a complete "How-To" guide on making your own successful gang. I've written just over 3000 words over the last two days, so I hope you like what you see (when you see it). I've taken all of your criticisms into account and I hope everyone will be pleased with the final result.

Also, Sherman, Chris and myself have started working on a group called "The Commission". This group will decide who becomes official. Each gang will be judged on activity, reputation, and general contribution to the gang scene. The Commission is still under works at the moment, and it's other functions in the gang scene is yet to be decided.

Things are progressing well. All official gangs will notice a new topic created in each of their private forums as well as in this forum letting them know how long it will be until the system is implemented.

Shouldn't be long now.

Sorry if this is too brief, I'm about to head to bed. If you have any questions though, I'm glad to answer them. :)

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#52 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Sweet, thanks for the update EB.

#53 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

Thanks for the update Earth :)

Although, 3000 words; wouldn't that turn newbies away? A bit long in my opinion :P

Posted Image

#54 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for the update Earth :)

Although, 3000 words; wouldn't that turn newbies away? A bit long in my opinion :P

It's all carefully seperated into sections. Newbs only have to read what they need to. A lot of it is pretty simple information that most people should already know, but it was worth a mention anyways. :)

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#55 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

Oh. Good good good ^_^ Would you be able to tell us anything about the Server scene?

Posted Image

#56 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:14 AM

Nah, not really. You'd have to ask Sherm. I don't know what I can and cannot say.

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#57 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

Oh. Good good good ^_^ Would you be able to tell us anything about the Server scene?

Working out the gameplay kinks and rules at the moment. I should have all of that out later tonight or early-ish tomorrow.

#58 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

Everything seems to be running along smoothly, good job guys! I'm excited to see how this is all going to turn out.

Nothing to see here, move along

#59 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

Maybe work out something to do for those who may not be lucky enough to have San Andreas on PC. That means by doing something on the forum too. I'm not speaking of RPG but maybe something else.

Posted Image

#60 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

Really looking forward to this, sounds like it is going to be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users