65 replies to this topic

#21 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

Just one question actually. How are you going to get newer gangs to emerge? By encouraging newer members to make gangs (meaning the rules for making a gang being lifted apart from the amount of posts rule of 100). I'd offer to make Graphics for the new gang and probably for the server if you don't mind. I don't often like making graphics anymore but I'll try and help these new gangs get closer to be equal to the bigger gangs.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#22 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:50 AM

A staff vote. A poll should be created in the Staff forum and all staff will vote. Whichever gangs comes out on top would be made official. Requirements will be in place though, but only simple requirements though, for example: Any gang that hopes to become official must have 7 active members. Or something along those lines.

The new rules and requirements will be released shortly.

@Thomas, I'm hoping some members may split from their current gangs and start one of their own. Requirements will be lessened, but not to a great extent. I'll try to get the new requirements out tonight.

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#23 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:11 AM

All this sounds pretty good. I'm sure all the old gangs and new gangs will be up and running after 'update'.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#24 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

Here is a quick draft of the new Rules and Requirements. You will notice that some rules have been lifted. This is for the benefit of the new system, and to help it survive later on down the track.

If you have any thoughts or amendments you feel should be made, please post and let me know.

The GTA Place Gang Rules
Welcome to The GTA Place Gang Scene. Please read the following Rules and Requirements before posting here.

To join a gang you must have
- 50 posts
- Have been registered for a minimum of 2 weeks

To create a gang you must have
- 100 posts
(Click here to learn more about creating a gang)

To have your gang become official your gang must have
- a minimum of 5 active members
- a noticed presence within the community

How does my gang become official?
- When there are a couple of unofficial gangs that the staff notice to be of good quality, a poll is created within the staff's private forum where the active unofficial gangs names are put into a poll. All staff will vote, and which ever gang comes out as the victor will be rewarded with official status.

General Gang Rules
- Gang Spying is prohibited
What is gang spying? Simply put, a gang spy is a member who creates multiple accounts and joins different gangs. This is an offense that can result in suspension, and if repeated, will result in a total ban.

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#25 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

I think if someone's caught cheating in the MTA server's, they should get kicked out of the gang or have a gnarly warning. Something along those lines...

#26 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:38 AM

I haven't even heard of Gang Spying..But so far, these rules sound good to me.

Posted Image

#27 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:39 AM

Erfbound,i would add to gang spying:Entering more than 1 gang in a month will result in gang spying,or anyone who gets in a gang,gets out,and goes into another would result too.

Posted Image

#28 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

About the gangs becoming 'official' I think there should be some updates from the staff or gang supervisors (like yourself Earthbound) to tell the gang on their current process of becoming a gang. Most current gangs won't have a problem with that but it would be useful for new gangs and new members to the forum so they would leave the forum just because their gang wasn't payed any attention.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#29 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

@XLR8. What you're talking about it 'Gang Hopping'. I understand what you mean, but if a member dislikes the gang they have joined (and have only been there for a short period of time) and wish to join a different gang, this puts them at risk of breaking this "rule" and I don't think that will be very fair.

If the case pops up where a member does this purposefully to gain information about a gang to use it against them, then we may consider creating a rule, but this doesn't happen very often anyway.

@Artur. I will create a topic showing new members how to create a gang step by step. In the past I had created a topic called 'The Gang Starting Guide'. It covered everything from recruitment topic layouts to a "how-to guide" for recruiting good members.

I will post this topic (of which I am still currently working on) when this system is implemented.

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#30 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

I understand where EB is coming from witht he idea of removing private gang forums, it is a good idea to get the public gang chat up and living again. I have to admit, the FFM post in the private forum a hell of a lot, and it would be great if we could centre our posting attentions towards the revival of the public gang chats. I mean private forums are great for tactics during gang wars and to chat to fellow gang members privatley, but to be honest, we don't really need them to post what we post at the moment. Lets all face it, the private forums are a luxury which we all want, but we don't really need them for the time being.

I think it is a good idea and I support it 100%

#31 GTA Don

GTA Don

It was a good day.

• Members
  • 3,605 posts
  •    England 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:36 AM

Here is a quick draft of the new Rules and Requirements. You will notice that some rules have been lifted. This is for the benefit of the new system, and to help it survive later on down the track.

If you have any thoughts or amendments you feel should be made, please post and let me know.

The GTA Place Gang Rules
Welcome to The GTA Place Gang Scene. Please read the following Rules and Requirements before posting here.

- 50 posts

- 100 posts

- When there are a couple of unofficial gangs that the staff notice to be of good quality, a poll is created within the staff's private forum where the active unofficial gangs names are put into a poll. All staff will vote, and which ever gang comes out as the victor will be rewarded with official status.

General Gang Rules
What is gang spying? Simply put, a gang spy is a member who creates multiple accounts and joins different gangs. This is an offense that can result in suspension, and if repeated, will result in a total ban.

I think 5 as the minimum is not very suitable. Any weak gang can have 5 members and as you explained, we're trying to seperate the weak from the strong. 7 or 8 would be a suitable number imo.

Ermm...

#32 TOXIC

TOXIC

Right Hand Man of the Raiders

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

IMO, if the requisites of an official gang are high, people will tend to join the already 'larger' gangs, for the 'convenience of time' purpose.... this way we PROBABLY would, have less or practically no newer gangs. What you guys think on this?

The Raiders' MC Gang Chat-The Raiders' MC Recruitment

Posted Image
Want a Signature? An Avatar? Any Graphic work? Just checkout the following links :
TOXIC's Graphic Shop or TOXIC's Graphic Gallery

#33 Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Pest Control

• Members
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

When is this all taking place. We need a private forum to plan for the Multiplayer and we've been doing just that lately along with discussing what we would like in the Multiplayer. We have a topic that has over 100 posts about the multiplayer with mainly my, Rockstarrem's and Sherman's involvement. We need someplace to discuss as official gangs up until the server is at Beta stage.

Well, each gang has a private forum so that would be for multiplayer use too...

Posted Image

#34 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

The GTA Place Gang Rules

- 50 posts

- 100 posts

General Gang Rules

I think 5 as the minimum is not very suitable. Any weak gang can have 5 members and as you explained, we're trying to seperate the weak from the strong. 7 or 8 would be a suitable number imo.

For the moment, we don't want the requirements of becoming an official gang to be too great, as this will deter newer members from creating a gang. Much like Toxic said, if the requirements are too high, new members won't start creating gangs as it would be quicker to simply join an official gang.

Don't worry though, the staff won't let an inferior gang become official. There are standards set by staff obviously. This will be stated in the topic in my next draft.

:)

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#35 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

Love the idea, I can see now why they chose you Earthbound, keep up the good work :)
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#36 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

I haven't even heard of Gang Spying..But so far, these rules sound good to me.

If I remember back in 2007, some member from a gang (Venato Mafia) actually created another account, and then applied to LCF. I think Noru found him suspicious and let Dave (Our old gang supervisor) check whether his IP was the same as any other member here, and it led to that gang member of Venato Mafia. For one thing, Dave wasn't even THAT strict enough to kick him out of the gang he was in, of course he did ban the duplicated account, but only gave a small warning to him. I think if someone does gang spy, you should kick them out of the gang their currently in/Running. It was a while back, I know, but if we're going to get back into the gang scene, we'll most likely get a big gang full of idiots like those guys.

Everything else seems to be good Erf, seems like the old requirements, but a few things added.

Also XLR8, There has been a few members here who have moved from one gang to another many times, but not in the time period of a month. There have been many members who have moved from one gang to another, but that obviously doesn't count as gang spying. That is basically one member trying their luck in a new gang which hopefully they'll enjoy themselves in. Some members have moved to another gang just to become a gang leader, because they were either in a gang already and had a very low rank, or they either thought their current gang wasn't great, and decided to move away. There's not a problem with that, after all, not all gangs meet up with the standards of keeping up with the gang scene. Some of them are also a bit selfish too, especially when they believe they can make a better gang, but of course inferior gangs need to be moderated more if you ask me, they don't tend to stick with most of the rules either. So yeah, I guess that sums up the part about gang spying.

About the amount of gang members needed to make the gang official; Don't you think it should be upped' a little? 5 members seem like a nice number, but for some reason, it doesn't seem enough, something like 7-8 members seems fine if you ask me.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#37 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

About the amount of gang members needed to make the gang official; Don't you think it should be upped' a little? 5 members seem like a nice number, but for some reason, it doesn't seem enough, something like 7-8 members seems fine if you ask me.

Thanks for your feedback TM, but I need to make this clear. The 5 member minimum requirement to become official doesn't mean the gang WILL become official, it means it will become eligible to become official - the staff will still have to determine whether that gang is up to standard, and if it meets the standard, it will make the grade and be made official. Perhaps we'll up it though. I'm not too sure.

All of this will be made clearer in my next draft. I'll have that organized and posted by tomorrow. :)

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#38 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

But I wonder.....
When all the major gangs become official then it'll be the old system all over again, is there anyway to solve that?
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#39 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

If I remember back in 2007, some member from a gang (Venato Mafia) actually created another account, and then applied to LCF. I think Noru found him suspicious and let Dave (Our old gang supervisor) check whether his IP was the same as any other member here, and it led to that gang member of Venato Mafia. For one thing, Dave wasn't even THAT strict enough to kick him out of the gang he was in, of course he did ban the duplicated account, but only gave a small warning to him. I think if someone does gang spy, you should kick them out of the gang their currently in/Running. It was a while back, I know, but if we're going to get back into the gang scene, we'll most likely get a big gang full of idiots like those guys.

We didn't even know he did it to be honest. TG187 let him stay but he was on an awfully thin line. I would probably ask Earthbound to make the rules on Gang Spying a little bit more strict. The guy who made a double account got away with it, and I believe is still a member of the Venato today, when he should have been banned in 2007. I only just joined the VM when this happened so I don't know an awful lot about it.

Also XLR8, There has been a few members here who have moved from one gang to another many times, but not in the time period of a month. There have been many members who have moved from one gang to another, but that obviously doesn't count as gang spying. That is basically one member trying their luck in a new gang which hopefully they'll enjoy themselves in. Some members have moved to another gang just to become a gang leader, because they were either in a gang already and had a very low rank, or they either thought their current gang wasn't great, and decided to move away. There's not a problem with that, after all, not all gangs meet up with the standards of keeping up with the gang scene. Some of them are also a bit selfish too, especially when they believe they can make a better gang, but of course inferior gangs need to be moderated more if you ask me, they don't tend to stick with most of the rules either. So yeah, I guess that sums up the part about gang spying.

Me - in a way. Not all of it I would say is kind of like me but sort of similar. I was just trying to find a good gang to settle into, which turned out to be the Fiores. I'm not likely to be leaving them because we have so much lulz and all that. I think I recreated the SFM to vaguely bring it back, now it's gone inactive because I left it in the hands of someone who became inactive - Maybe some sort of rule about inactive gangs too like 'If your gang is inactive for 1 month then the Private forum will be taken away' or something similar.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#40 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

I think any administrators, super mods, scripters(even though part of the multiplayer scene, they still connect with each other), anyone who can view other gangs forums or have an advantage with anything, etc shouldn't be allowed in a gang, since it will sorta be unfair. I've discussed this with super mods, and admins and most think it's a good idea.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users