• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

As many of you may have noticed, the gang scene has been rather stagnent as of late, with only three active gangs and little to no rivalry to keep things interesting.

This new system that will be brought into place should fix this. Put a bit of spice back into the gang scene. We will be incorporating an multiplayer into the gang scene also, but this will be seperated. Sherman will be in charge of the Multiplayer section. Click here to read more about it.

Read on to learn more about what changes will be made to the gang system...

Now that you've seen a few ideas that are in store for the multiplayer gang section, I thought I'd share with you some of the plans and thoughts that may be put into motion for the new gang scene (non MP) as well as receive ideas and critisisms from you.

First of all, and most importantly, to combat the issue with the lack of public exposure to the gang scene, as swift as it may seem, is to make all gangs unofficial. So, in basic terms, your only form of conversation can take place within the public forum, and no longer your private forum. Don’t worry though, this won't mean you'll lose all of those posts you've made over the past years, however it will give you something to work for, read on.

An official gang will be named only shortly after this system is to be implimented, in this time, all gangs should work hard to get their gang 'up to scratch' and impress the 'judging panel' (aka staff). So this means, if your gang is as good as you think it is, you shouldn't have any issues in becoming an official gang. This should also bring back that old fashioned rivalry we've missed for quite some time now.

Some gang members will band together, and some may branch off and create gangs of their own. This gives them the opportunity to become official as well, which will bring new life into the scene also.

Here are the perks that official gangs will receive (just to make the prospect a little more enticing)
- Each gang will receive their own group (e.g. Group: Fiore Family Mafia)
- The reintroduction of team icons (similar to the icon that a moderator or an admin wears above their group title)
- Their own private forum (not a new perk obviously, but I had to mention it I suppose)

This will bring exclusivity back to the scene, which is something that has been lost for quite some time as well.

To put it simply, this is what will happen... All gangs will no longer have access to their private forums. If they want access to them again, they will have to work at becoming an official gang. This will weed the weak from the superior, giving this reward to gangs that actually deserve it.

None of this is set in stone though. Of course there will be objections and hopefully there will be some positive feedback following it, but this is your gang scene, make your voices heard!

A final note: Don't be too enraged by this idea, this is something that really does need to be done. The system needs rejuvenation and "starting from scratch" is going to be a part of this.

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#2 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

When is this all taking place. We need a private forum to plan for the Multiplayer and we've been doing just that lately along with discussing what we would like in the Multiplayer. We have a topic that has over 100 posts about the multiplayer with mainly my, Rockstarrem's and Sherman's involvement. We need someplace to discuss as official gangs up until the server is at Beta stage.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#3 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:11 AM

When is this all taking place. We need a private forum to plan for the Multiplayer and we've been doing just that lately along with discussing what we would like in the Multiplayer. We have a topic that has over 100 posts about the multiplayer with mainly my, Rockstarrem's and Sherman's involvement. We need someplace to discuss as official gangs up until the server is at Beta stage.

Msn.

#4 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:13 AM

FFM will pass easily.Also don't see too much gangs in the future,with this it'll be tougher to hold the fort.

Posted Image

#5 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:14 AM

Most of us don't go on MSN, well I don't anyway.

I agree to most of it but I just thought I'd represent the FFM in this being the Right Hand Man. Our gang will be fallen to peices if this were to happen, Rem might have to leave, Evo might have to leave and a few others with the system. That means we may lose our leader because of it.

Posted Image

#6 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:17 AM

I'm with Nate actually. MSN, AIM or any instant messaging tools will have to suffice for now. Either those or PM's.

The system won't be implemented for a week or two yet. No official time on this yet though.

Also, XLR8 is right, FFM is one of the better gangs here and shouldn't struggle too much after the system is set into motion. There shouldn't be a greatly extended period of time before the FFM regains official status.

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#7 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:18 AM

So, when will this all take place then? We still need time to plan with the half of members that don't have MSN (XLR8 etc.) and to plan what'll happen with the gang. If this is the case, I'm not getting invloved with the gangs, the FFM will be split up. So, yeah count me out of the multiplayer if we lose the private forums too soon.

Edited by Thomas., 01 January 2009 - 07:19 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:22 AM

I don't have msn?!

(profile.)

Posted Image

#9 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:23 AM

Most of us don't go on MSN, well I don't anyway.

I agree to most of it but I just thought I'd represent the FFM in this being the Right Hand Man. Our gang will be fallen to peices if this were to happen, Rem might have to leave, Evo might have to leave and a few others with the system. That means we may lose our leader because of it.

So becuase you usually don't go on there, you can't go on there for this. Oh okay, makes sense. And for the one's that don't have an instant messaging tool or email, go PM for christ sake.

Bold: I'm missing something here I guess. Why woudl your gang fall apart because of this.

Oh and EB already said when this most likely will take place.

Edited by Nate10, 01 January 2009 - 07:24 AM.

#10 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

I meant Mpilk but w/e. We need a date because if it's something like tomorrow when you're getting rid of the Private Forums, some of us won't know what has happened. We need a little warning for when the private forums are going to be locked.

Edit:

@ Nate: Earthbound may have to leave LCF, it's to make it fair on the other gangs. All three of the guys I mentioned (Earthbound, Rem and Evo) are all scripting and doing extensive work on the gang system.

Edited by Thomas., 01 January 2009 - 07:25 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

@Thomas. I've spoken with Sherman, and he's said that MTA is a while away. May be a month or more before that system is up, so there is quite some time left for planning - you may have your private forum back by then.

The FFM won't fall apart. There are many active members that are loyal to the gang, don't worry too much.

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#12 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:26 AM

@Thomas. I've spoken with Sherman, and he's said that MTA is a while away. May be a month or more before that system is up, so there is quite some time left for planning - you may have your private forum back by then.

The FFM won't fall apart. There are many active members that are loyal to the gang, don't worry too much.

lol, I wasn't really worrying as such, just speculating what might happen.

Posted Image

#13 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:27 AM

I meant Mpilk but w/e. We need a date because if it's something like tomorrow when you're getting rid of the Private Forums, some of us won't know what has happened. We need a little warning for when the private forums are going to be locked.

Oh holy shit! Idea! you might as well go tell your fellow gang members that the private section is gone while you're talking about whatever needs to be planned. Wait, no. That idea is stupid and could never work. :awesome:

Oh and I'm still curious, how could the gang fall apart? :/

#14 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:29 AM

I told you in one of my previous posts. A topic was made about it the other day with a few of us being othered don position for some future resignation. I shouldn't be talking about it so that's all I'm saying. What is in the Private Forums stays in the private forums - most of the time.

Posted Image

#15 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:30 AM

I think it's a genuine idea.. it wouldn't be long until the Official gangs got their private forums back, obviously. I love all of you. Just chill out and think about it without getting over dramatic on us.

#16 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

lol, I wasn't really worrying as such, just speculating what might happen.

Only time will tell.

Sherman is right though. You'll be back in your private forums in no time. Don't fret. Keep activity up in the public chat topics though, as activity surrounding the public scene is going to be key in becoming official again.

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#17 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

I told you in one of my previous posts. A topic was made about it the other day with a few of us being othered don position for some future resignation. I shouldn't be talking about it so that's all I'm saying. What is in the Private Forums stays in the private forums - most of the time.

Ah.

I can see how that can complicate a few things in terms of dealing with what's the future of the gang..... But for the most part matters can still be sorted out in other places besides your private forum bud. It may make it a little more difficult to sort everything out, but things still can be sorted. Don't worry too much like EB said.

#18 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:41 AM

True, I'll try going on MSN much more when this comes into play. It's kind of hard when your computer is slow as hell (not the one I'm on right now but my other one). Ok, so I am "for" the idea now that I actually Understand it. Sorry Earthbound but the reason I needed to Chillax was because I misunderstood what you said.

Posted Image

#19 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:46 AM

That's fine mate. I want as many questions as possible. I don't want any confusion when this actually kicks off.

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#20 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:47 AM

Are you going to have any official gang requirements, or is staff approval all there will be?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users