155 replies to this topic

#121 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

I don't think the Katana should be banned. The melee weapons will hardly be used and when facing other members on MTA, it shouldn't do that much damage.

As for Grenades, they are just uncontrollable explosives that hardly does that much damage because they don't often get where you want them to go.

The Katana should be banned,two or 3 hits from it,relying on health only,you're dead.

And Butters,you are copying CoD 4 and 5.They had a throwback option.

Edited by XLR8, 10 January 2009 - 10:02 PM.

Posted Image

#122 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

So? That would be a great to have the throw back feature. I mean, the longer it is, we can throw it back. The guys who threw it won't know what hit 'em. Even if it doesn't get to where you intended to throw it at, it will get somewhere, and hopefully can kill someone else. :P

Katana shouldn't be banned from the server, it does cause alot of damage, but why not try to make this a rare weapon to use? That way, those who love to sneak behind someone can easily enjoy killing someone, but have to work on it to get it. I think the same should be for those other guns as well that are banned, well most of them. If a member on MTA kills at least 7 people, he should get any of those weapons that are banned, but have them limited in ammunition so he/she uses it wisely against the other. Like if you had a Rocket launcher, you'd only have around 3 rockets to use. I don't think the Minigun would do good for that, the weapons can easily penetrate an enemy and vehicle.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#123 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

We might allow weapons depending on your group or rank.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#124 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:33 AM

Sherman, we're not forcing you to work harder, work at your own pace =]

As far as the list goes, I'm very happy with it. However grenades, I don't think they should be added. They are VERY annoying in large crows or quantities :P

Sherman, could you explain why the Sea Sparrow has been taken out?

Posted Image

#125 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:35 AM

Well, honestly I meant that one to be up for debating, but I put it down because of the machine gun thingy. If you're really good at piloting them you can take a car out pretty quickly... I figured if you wanted to take off / land in water the Skimmer would suit you just as well. Grenade was a pretty big one too, it does suck when someone knocks you down with one and then kills you while you're down :/

Once this is done with I will start on the gameplay, and the forum items following. It's a progressive system, not going to come all at once.

#126 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:44 AM

Ah, yes. But there is a version that doesn't come with the machine gun, but it spawn randomly with the other version.

Skimmer would be a very good addition :D

Posted Image

#127 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:18 AM

Yeah, I dont want to risk it. I think Skimmers are pretty awesome myself =D So do we want Katana's and Grenades..

#128 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:31 AM

Yes, we want katanas and grenades.

I like that idea, honestly. I'd want to leave the satchels, though. Be pretty strategical, imo. And the Monsters are pretty awesome too, man! What's wrong with you? =P Definitely agree with the rest, though. I'll come back and edit this or post more if I come up with anything.

Hm, yeah I see what you mean now. I think it'd be kind of cool setting up a car on the side of the road loaded with a few, and when some rival gangs rode through, just blow it and watch the fun =P but yeah. I'm sure someone will attempt to camp with those :/

Rocket launchers are way too cheap in multiplayer, imo. Snipers can be used to bring down aircraft.. and anyone diving out of them =P

Just one question. Why no satchels?

Those underwent a lot of talking.. I've had problems with getting spawn-killed by them :/ Which really sucks. They could be used (strategically) but I'd need approval from a good amount of people.

I'm a good amount of people. I want satchels.

Hydra will be for Chris, Sherman, and myself :D. Don't worry we won't fuck with you THAT much.

What? What puts you with Chris and Sherman?

Aww what about me? :(

I'll just create a secret command to spawn one. :hurrhurr:

If anyone cheats, they will be IP banned, and I suppose if they were on the forums, they'd get banned, or a very serious warn.

Shiiiit nigga, you won't ban me.

Thomas, dangerous vehicles would be extremely fun, even if I was the one running. Maybe we could do a 'Usage Time' for each dangerous vehicle. Ex, you could pay $10,000 for a usage time of 10 minutes and once the time was up it would simply disappear or be locked unless you decide to purchase more usage time, just to keep the balance of the economy and gang strength.

.... You do realize I could afford to own the tank through a 3 hour gang war and not ever notice my money drop, right?

Listen right, we've said we're not going to have hydras in the game, and we're not going to put them in with no guns, because we don't want to spend time trying to take off the guns.

End of.

Now, aircraft on the server will be:

Shamal
Dodo
Skimmer
AT-400
Andromeda
Rustler
Sea Sparrow
Maverick
Raindance

I approve that list of aircrafts.

How about reseting everyones money to $100,000 so we are able to have something fair to buy items. That way everyone has as good a chance as Spaz because he has well over $200,000,000 forum and some gangs or all gangs in that matter wouldn't stand a chance.

Actually, my bank currently has $229,603,915, to be exact. And I had to earn my money just like everyone else. Taking money from the rich is more unfair than new guys not having as much money.

PS: I want satchels & fire trucks!

Seconded.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#129 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:45 AM

I did kinda think taking cash off people was a bit too far, if it's not fair for you guys who've earned fuck all cash, just live with it.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#130 Damjan

Damjan

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

Just asking,will CLEO scripts be allowed on the servers?

Posted Image

#131 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

0.o CLEO has nothing to do with MTA... so no.

#132 Damjan

Damjan

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:03 AM

Aw hell.Was wanting to blast you away when i had a Shamal,i have a script that fires rockets(pretty fast ones),bullets,and a bomb.You could also activate a nuke.

Posted Image

#133 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

Yeah, I dont want to risk it. I think Skimmers are pretty awesome myself =D So do we want Katana's and Grenades..

Not grenades..Maybe Satchels for the sake of bank heists *Sticks a satchel against the door, anyone who comes in will be blown up :P*

And I guess keeping the same amount of money we have in the forums would work. I do have a decent amount after all. But I'm wondering, if we earn money through MTA, will it update on the forums too? Or will it be unfair on those who aren't able to play..

Posted Image

#134 Damjan

Damjan

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:16 AM

Unfair.I don't spam as much as you guys so i don't have cash.

azn,you have brass knuckles,uzi,stinger hs rocket launcher,pcj 600 and a manana.Fair?!

Would be good if we had weapon pickups(only in the gang's territory,so as a member walks in the weapon stays for another person.)After the whole team has past through that pickup one time,that will be all of the pickup.

Edited by XLR8, 11 January 2009 - 07:18 AM.

Posted Image

#135 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:22 AM

Unfair.I don't spam as much as you guys so i don't have cash.

azn,you have brass knuckles,uzi,stinger hs rocket launcher,pcj 600 and a manana.Fair?!

Would be good if we had weapon pickups(only in the gang's territory,so as a member walks in the weapon stays for another person.)After the whole team has past through that pickup one time,that will be all of the pickup.

Once this is done with I will start on the gameplay, and the forum items following. It's a progressive system, not going to come all at once.

I really wish people would read what I have to say. I'm the one leading this project. Yes, its not the greatest organized but we are working through things as we speak (post)

#136 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:18 AM

XLR8, how did you know? :\ The Rocket launcher won't be added, anyway.

Posted Image

#137 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

Aw hell.Was wanting to blast you away when i had a Shamal,i have a script that fires rockets(pretty fast ones),bullets,and a bomb.You could also activate a nuke.

Again, wat.

Why would you want to activate a nuke for when playing and enjoying yourself in MTA? It's like when I played Crysis, where you fire a mini-nuke and literally you die even from miles away from the explosion itself. If you ask me, that's completely cheating, making it unfair on those who don't want to get nuked, bombed, and killed.

And yeah, Sherm, take your time on this, better to have something to wait for than have something rushed. :)
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#138 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

If you're taking away my firetruck & satchels, at least let me keep my Katana. :pissedred:

I see the point on satchels & spawn camping, can this be addressed by giving a player infinite health for the first
5-10 seconds after they spawn? Not enough to give you any real advantage, just to keep you alive so you can
get into the game. If someone camps in the same place for more than a minute they get a giant yellow marker
over them & appear as a flashing red skull-&-crossbones on the radar. Rem could take the Mod-Hydra & pay
them a visit.

I like the idea of picking up dropped cash in a fire fight. You save yourself from this by visiting an ATM (like
Scarface).

Vehicles -

SWAT Tank - The 4-wheeled small tank w/ water canon you use to break into Big Smoke's crack fortress.

FBI truck - Looks like smaller version of Securacar, originally deleted from SA but still buried in files. I've made it
appear as a rare vehicle. Has no on-board weapons & isn't particularly durable. Can provide screenshot if needed.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw, 11 January 2009 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#139 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

If you're taking away my firetruck & satchels, at least let me keep my Katana. :pissedred:

I see the point on satchels & spawn camping, can this be addressed by giving a player infinite health for the first
5-10 seconds after they spawn? Not enough to give you any real advantage, just to keep you alive so you can
get into the game. If someone camps in the same place for more than a minute they get a giant yellow marker
over them & appear as a flashing red skull-&-crossbones on the radar. Rem could take the Mod-Hydra & pay
them a visit.

I like the idea of picking up dropped cash in a fire fight. You save yourself from this by visiting an ATM (like
Scarface).

Vehicles -

SWAT Tank - The 4-wheeled small tank w/ water canon you use to break into Big Smoke's crack fortress.

FBI truck - Looks like smaller version of Securacar, originally deleted from SA but still buried in files. I've made it
appear as a rare vehicle. Has no on-board weapons & isn't particularly durable. Can provide screenshot if needed.

Yeah that's a good idea, the 5-10 second spawn thing. What I don't understand is the dropped money thing.

Also, MTA has the FBI Truck in it but I don't see a big need for it. What would we use it for?

#140 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

Yeah that's a good idea, the 5-10 second spawn thing. What I don't understand is the dropped money thing.

The money someone has on their person when killed is dropped. Think pigeons when you throw bread, into a busy
intersection. :whistle: If you pick up a bunch of cash you're a potential target until you can deposit the money.

Also, MTA has the FBI Truck in it but I don't see a big need for it. What would we use it for?

Just more diversity in vehicles. Grab one from the cops & show it off like getting achievements.

Are there going to be cops?

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users