155 replies to this topic

#61 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

Nah, I think it could be either, it's taking the information from the database either way.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#62 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

TM, thing is, even though poorer gangs have the advantage of better starting items, strategically, a higher gang could purposely (Not mentioning names) get into that position and work their way up with this upper hand. Not necessarily saying it will happen, but it's just something I thought I should point out.

And working your way up FTW. We'll need to make better use of money though, to keep the economy interesting and as a thing to genuinely work towards.

Posted Image

#63 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

Ways to earn money

Killing a rival gang member: 200

Killing a civilian: 100

Ways to lose money

Killing your own gang member: -100

Getting killed: -50

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#64 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

Should we have a rule that for those in a gang, you must use your TGTAP username?

Posted Image

#65 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

Obviously yeah, you've got to log in to be in the gang, but if you don't, it just puts you straight into civilians.

Posted Image

#66 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

TM, thing is, even though poorer gangs have the advantage of better starting items, strategically, a higher gang could purposely (Not mentioning names) get into that position and work their way up with this upper hand. Not necessarily saying it will happen, but it's just something I thought I should point out.

And working your way up FTW. We'll need to make better use of money though, to keep the economy interesting and as a thing to genuinely work towards.

We're going to make sure that the script is completely fair. Of course when we first release it there's gonna be some bullshit but once someone brings it up we'll fix it right away.

Posted Image

#67 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

How about reseting everyones money to $100,000 so we are able to have something fair to buy items. That way everyone has as good a chance as Spaz because he has well over $200,000,000 forum and some gangs or all gangs in that matter wouldn't stand a chance.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#68 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Agree with Thomas. I think everyone should have the same amount of cash.

#69 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

I don't think the many people who have spent time posting to have a decent amount of cash will be happy about it.

We could at most stretch to setting everyone's cash to $100,000 if they don't have that much.

Posted Image

#70 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

I know but some gangs may be destroyed by the power of the people who do not have the money to buy the weaponry and the store may be out of stock with the mass buying of arms by the bigger gangs. Just a suggestion though.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#71 TOXIC

TOXIC

Right Hand Man of the Raiders

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

Agreed to Thomas X2, except for he amount he said, let staff decide so I won't speak on how much.

Sexiest Sig '08....award goes to Scott. [And credit deserves to who made it]

The Raiders' MC Gang Chat-The Raiders' MC Recruitment

Posted Image
Want a Signature? An Avatar? Any Graphic work? Just checkout the following links :
TOXIC's Graphic Shop or TOXIC's Graphic Gallery

#72 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

I know but some gangs may be destroyed by the power of the people who do not have the money to buy the weaponry and the store may be out of stock with the mass buying of arms by the bigger gangs. Just a suggestion though.

Then maybe they will have to get posting, and drug dealing.

Posted Image

#73 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

Strategy is going to play a huge part of this, in my opinion. DS isn't that greatly active, not any of our members except Artur have posted about this, they're busy I suppose. I don't think it's a huge part (Btw I will not be participating in this) of things to have all that money. Maybe a few less M4's or something, but if you play it right you can kill someone with the knife :lol: Ofcourse we can have money compensation for new and upcoming gangs..

#74 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

Okay, for the money thing. New members Or members of the minor gangs could start w/ a bank heist. They get a
pistol, SMG shotgun & assault rifle & 1 car (choice between a Glendale or Voodoo). Complete the mission & you get
$100k for your savehouse & startup cash.

Allow members w/ less than $100k between cash & inventory.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#75 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:35 AM

But how can you do bank heists in MTA??
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#76 Mike356

Mike356

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:34 AM

make markers and other stuff that I dont know how to do
Posted Image

#77 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

But how can you do bank heists in MTA??

Script them. Actually might be cool making minigame missions like Breaking The Banks At Caligulas. Whoever wins gets the money or something I don't know we'll figure that out later, nice ideas.

Posted Image

#78 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:36 AM

Or like in NFS Undercover,but first you need to get out of the car,go into the place,find the money,return to the car,and escape the rivals(or cops).

Posted Image

#79 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

Sounds good. But since it's organized how about you guys script them to run at set times?

And another question..What will be the challenge or problem every time we rob? We can't just walk in, steal money and walk out finished..

Posted Image

#80 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

Why'd you skip out the "Shoot every motherfucker that's between us and the money" part?

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users