155 replies to this topic

#1 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

Right, so hi guys. I've been working on the server script and I've came up with a basic little function that will let you buy a car by typing "/vehicle (ID?)". Meanwhile, Chris has been working on a function to take our information like money, etc from site database, so yeah, you'll have all your cash,. People like Spaz will be packing rocket launchers and tanks. :awesome:

I'm going to adapt this for use with other things like weapons, propery, etc.

If we're going to have these features, we're going to need some rules to keep it all in order. So I thought I'd ask you guys, about it etc, see what you thought about which rules you'd like, this also includes general rules, just like anything.

Go ahead.

**UPDATED**

If anything gets abused unfairly, it WILL be removed. This is what I have thus far, I do believe it's complete. Obviously if it's not listed, then you can use it. Are there any questions or suggestions to add on to this list? Like anything that's on the 'No' list that you want to know why it's on there. Or something you don't want to see? Speak up, THIS WILL BE FINAL.

Definite No's
Rhino
Hydra
Hunter
Minigun
Heat-seeking rocket launcher
Satchels
Regular rocket launcher
Monster
Sea Sparrow
Fire Truck
SWAT truck
Predator

Disputed but in
Police Vehicles (All but the SWAT truck)
Grenades
Katana

Edited by Sherman, 10 January 2009 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#2 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

Each gang should have a staple, average kinda vehicle. (Greenwood, Savannah) As they earn more cash, they buy vehicle spawns for better (as in faster / more durable) vehicles (Jester, Buffalo etc) Exclude ridiculous crap like tanks, hunters, hydras, monsters, jetpacks and the like.

Same would apply with weapons, but we should exclude ridiculous ones. HSRPG, Minigun, Satchels, etc.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#3 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:09 PM

I like that idea, honestly. I'd want to leave the satchels, though. Be pretty strategical, imo. And the Monsters are pretty awesome too, man! What's wrong with you? =P Definitely agree with the rest, though. I'll come back and edit this or post more if I come up with anything.

#4 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

Keep the Hunter. It's fun being chased by them.

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#5 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

I think we could have a few in Area 69.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#6 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

Well, yeah, maybe keep monsters. (I still reckon a buffalo is just as capable offroad) I say satchels because it's easy just to rig the hell out of someone's base, then run the hell away. There should be a more immediate sense of conflict? Non - weapon choppers and planes should still be allowed, to allow base jumping into enemy territory.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

#7 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:29 PM

Hm, yeah I see what you mean now. I think it'd be kind of cool setting up a car on the side of the road loaded with a few, and when some rival gangs rode through, just blow it and watch the fun =P but yeah. I'm sure someone will attempt to camp with those :/

Rocket launchers are way too cheap in multiplayer, imo. Snipers can be used to bring down aircraft.. and anyone diving out of them =P

#8 Mike356

Mike356

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:32 PM

Is it gonna be a pw server
Posted Image

#9 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:33 PM

Hm, yeah I see what you mean now. I think it'd be kind of cool setting up a car on the side of the road loaded with a few, and when some rival gangs rode through, just blow it and watch the fun =P but yeah. I'm sure someone will attempt to camp with those :/

Rocket launchers are way too cheap in multiplayer, imo. Snipers can be used to bring down aircraft.. and anyone diving out of them =P

Good point, but decoy cars could be added. Like, cars that look like standard gang cars, but explode like satchels. (would be an expensive 'upgrade' to buy. It stops the satchel situation, but maintains the 'creative killing' thing. I'd like to think there's some degree of skill involved in a massacre.

Posted Image

#10 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Kind of like a bomb shop or something, huh? It'd be fun to pull something like "Mike Lip's last lunch" from GTA3. Where you rigged his car with a bomb at 8-balls =P

#11 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:18 AM

I like the idea of a..Monster, but wouldn't that get out of hand? Just running over an entire gang with one during a war..

Problem with Satchels though, don't they disappear after a certain distance?

Posted Image

#12 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:29 AM

I like the idea of a..Monster, but wouldn't that get out of hand? Just running over an entire gang with one during a war..

Problem with Satchels though, don't they disappear after a certain distance?

I wouldn't think they would, honestly. It's not as if everyone and their mother would use them :lol: And satchels... you could stay close, but meh. It's probably better they aren't used.

#13 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:33 AM

We're all kinda thinking of the worst case scenario here, we're not all suddenly going to strap 30 satchels to a monster truck and go do a kamikaze on another gangs base. XD

Posted Image

#14 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:01 AM

LOL nah, 30 satchels have the same force as just 1. I've tried it.

Posted Image

#15 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:04 AM

How do you not know if someone's gonna make a train of tow-trucks, tractors, etc, and attach satchel charges to each vehicle? :lol:

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#16 Mike356

Mike356

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:05 AM

pfft dive bombing with a shamal would be funner
Posted Image

#17 deathmetaldrummer

deathmetaldrummer

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • United States 

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:08 AM

what about a coach and remote granades
Posted Image

#18 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:09 AM

LOL nah, 30 satchels have the same force as just 1. I've tried it.

That's not the point, I'm just saying these things aren't going to happen every second and they won't cause much problems.

Posted Image

#19 TOXIC

TOXIC

Right Hand Man of the Raiders

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:10 AM

Setting up a car and keep it for other gang's member to sit in it....doesn't anyone think the idea is a bit,...stupid? DON'T FLAMEZOR ME...

Ok, vehicles without additional accessories should be allowed. Satchels, well, I'd say we let them in, increases the damned fun :D ...
Monsters yes/no...you all decide, I say not, because of the 'runningwholegangoverwithahitandrun' thing.
Lets see what the rest say.

The Raiders' MC Gang Chat-The Raiders' MC Recruitment

Posted Image
Want a Signature? An Avatar? Any Graphic work? Just checkout the following links :
TOXIC's Graphic Shop or TOXIC's Graphic Gallery

#20 deathmetaldrummer

deathmetaldrummer

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • United States 

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:11 AM

so what about a hydra's rockets,grove street in red, and the wangs auto shop

Edited by shot n the ass, 30 December 2008 - 05:14 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users