GTA: Medieval Times?

Pyrron

I've been thinking about this, and I think it would be a pretty cool thing. Like, it's set in ancient Greece back in BC. I think it would be cool to freeroam around ancient Greece and do work for criminals of that time. If you think of it, you have most of the things you need for a Grand Theft Auto game. I mean, back in ancient times, alot of stuff went on. You have plenty of weapons, too. You have various forms of bows and crossbows and you have horses to steal for a chase.

Think of it, guys.

and you have horses to steal for a chase.

They kill you for that sorta shit back then. :P

Stealing a horse was like killing somebody.

Indeed it was............

"Quick, get thy knights on thy bastardly man, ye shallbring that bloodsucker of sleeping men to thy noose (Like hanging, not SWAT team)"

Grand Theft Auto is or was roughly meant to be about stealing cars and killing prozzies.

No it wasnt.

Err, yes it was. Hence the name, Grand Theft Auto.

all i have to say is this:

LOL!!!

@ the commander: please PM your definiton of grand theft auto (as in the crime not the game)

@ Twisted: just lol, i am glad you managed to point that out >.<

Grand Theft Auto is or was roughly meant to be about stealing cars and killing prozzies.

No it wasnt.

Err, yes it was. Hence the name, Grand Theft Auto.

Im talking about the "killing prozzies" part you said. No where in any GTA game does it tell you to go to point A and kill prozzie B. It is the players choice to kill who they want to. Infact it could almost be possible to finish most of the GTA games with out killing a single cop. And deffently possible to finish them with out killing any prositutes. I think that people who think that GTA games are all about stealing cars, killing cops and prositues have either not played the game for what it is or don't have full brain usage. But thats my opion.

Me being a history nerd I have to point out if its set in Ancient Greece it wouldn't be Medieval. The Medieval period starts in 1066.

I would like a Tudor era game haha that would be fun. Fight against Mary I or Elizabeth I.

that sounds quite good actually, you could be like some kind of medieval theif in like England or France or somewhere in europe for a change and like have the kings guard come after you or something, your weapon sets could be like;

dagger

short sword OR long sword

bow and arrows

and maybe an axe or something... ooooooohhhhhhh or maybe like a crossbow that would be awesome and you could like fire it from a top your mighty steed! ok i am gwetting too into this now...

ancient greece?

i didnt even know there was an ancient greece

i thought greece was a made up nation by the brittish

back in the 1800s, "greece" was started, it stole land from Sparta, Illyria, and whatever else was there

then later on it expanded and stole more land, and 51% of Macedonia

Its flag was made up from the East India Trading company, and its history is stolen from all the countries that used to be there

If you look at an ancient map, you wont see greece

you will see Sparta, Athenia, Illyria, Macedonia, Thrace, Hellas, ....no greece

@ macorules94 : Greek flag wasn't based on East India Company flag but it looks the same, according to my friend, it originated from the flag of Emperor Nicephorus II Phocas of Byzantine Empire, which is a Greek entity. And the Greek name for their homeland is actually Hellas. ;)

on topic : I like gta player # 69's idea, kinda like Assassin's Creed :)

ancient greece?

i didnt even know there was an ancient greece

i thought greece was a made up nation by the brittish

back in the 1800s, "greece" was started, it stole land from Sparta, Illyria, and whatever else was there

then later on it expanded and stole more land, and 51% of Macedonia

Its flag was made up from the East India Trading company, and its history is stolen from all the countries that used to be there

If you look at an ancient map, you wont see greece

you will see Sparta, Athenia, Illyria, Macedonia, Thrace, Hellas, ....no greece

if you wanna be pedantic about it, the americans stole their country from it's original inhabitants, well i say americans back then they were still british, the fools hadn't revolted yet...

I have looked on Google, and the best thing to GTA Midevil times was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. On it you can do the same things like in GTA:

• * Steal Horses
    * Get Weapons
    * Kill people who don't deserve it, just because they looked at you funny
    * Beat up Drunks in a Bar
    * Get Busted
    * Evade Arrest
    * Hitmen
    * Work for some Jack-ass who is betrays you (Kinda)

oblivion2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I've been thinking about this, and I think it would be a pretty cool thing. Like, it's set in ancient Greece back in BC. I think it would be cool to freeroam around ancient Greece and do work for criminals of that time. If you think of it, you have most of the things you need for a Grand Theft Auto game. I mean, back in ancient times, alot of stuff went on. You have plenty of weapons, too. You have various forms of bows and crossbows and you have horses to steal for a chase.

Think of it, guys.

I think this could be pretty cool game idea, but honestly i dont want Rockstar games doing it... They should just stick to tradition 80s 90s or current day stuff.