2008 Forum Award Categories

Chris

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of "Most Active Member", have "Most Visible Member" for someone that it seen throughout the entire forum, talking about lots of different things, and helping people in loads of different places.

In addition to "Most Intelligent" perhaps have the "Best Debater" or similar, for member who contributes best to serious/religious/political discussions etc in Serious Chat. That's a very positive award that would encourage people to debate well, rather than just have lots of userbars in their signatures.

Thomas' idea of "Best English" is sort of a good point - the person that writes with the best English rather than what you'd expect from SMS/IM, again encouraging members to work harder and try and gain this award.

I think you have a LOT of Most Knowledgeable (GTA) awards. Are we still going to have one for GTA III every year forever? Perhaps we could start merging the old/shit ones, so: GTAIII/VC, LCS/VCS, SA, IV.

Hottest member doesn't show up in your list?

Perhaps add Best Stunter (IV), but I'm not sure if there has been that much activity there yet. All the more reason for it to be an award, I suppose.

Maybe do something about English for those who do not speak it as their official language (Like France, Italy, Portugal). That way we can distinguish those who are almost perfect at English or natives and let the people who do not speak English as their native language battle it out and try for another award.

Best Native English Language User

Best Non Native English Language User

Most improved at English

I think the amount of awards we got are enough if you ask me. Some of it is just referring to other awards, but being said in a different way. I don't have any ideas for other types of awards, but no one really stunts now, do they? I haven't even seen any topics on stunting in a long time, so would it be reasonable to keep it up? I haven't seen any of the old stunters on, and I haven't seen any new stunters here, and none of them haven't stayed on this site either (They post one topic, and never come back).

Probably this award is pointless now? Unless anyone else stunts here...

Instead of "Most Active Member", have "Most Visible Member" for someone that it seen throughout the entire forum, talking about lots of different things, and helping people in loads of different places.

In addition to "Most Intelligent" perhaps have the "Best Debater" or similar, for member who contributes best to serious/religious/political discussions etc in Serious Chat. That's a very positive award that would encourage people to debate well, rather than just have lots of userbars in their signatures.

Thomas' idea of "Best English" is sort of a good point - the person that writes with the best English rather than what you'd expect from SMS/IM, again encouraging members to work harder and try and gain this award.

I think you have a LOT of Most Knowledgeable (GTA) awards. Are we still going to have one for GTA III every year forever? Perhaps we could start merging the old/shit ones, so: GTAIII/VC, LCS/VCS, SA, IV.

Hottest member doesn't show up in your list?

Perhaps add Best Stunter (IV), but I'm not sure if there has been that much activity there yet. All the more reason for it to be an award, I suppose.

There is nothing in that post I don't agree with :P

@ Rainbow Bear: I like Polar bears, but have you seen Knut. The last time I saw a picture of him he was more greyish than white. That dude needs a bath :hurrhurr:

Actually no, I think Least Likely to Get Laid can be one of our humorous awards this year, along with Largest Breasts.

That should probably be it though, mostly looking for serious awards that people have to actually work for. Best Debater is a good one, as is Best English so we'll definitely include those.

Best non-native English is a good idea too, except it's unfair in numerous ways, some of which Gerard pointed out. But some countries teach kids English alongside their mother tongue, whereas some only learn it in the schooling stages. People are at all different stages. For the reasons we've discussed I won't bother including that award.

The stunt awards should probably be scrapped, people are starting to move onto IV and the III trilogy is getting a bit old (but not boring)

Spider, your suggestions are just the basic shit..They don't require much effort in my opinion..

What about 'Greatest Music Taste' by looking into the What are you Listening to now thread?