Back into Machinimas again.

Well lately I've been wanting to create some Machinimas again, but I'm not sure whether or not I should make them with the GTAIII series or if I should wait until I get a new PC that could run GTAIV.

I'm not exactly sure when I'll be getting a new PC, but I have enough for one right now. Along with that, would anyone know what a good gaming PC would be and how much it would cost? I don't need some crazy gaming PC, just one that could handle GTAIV pretty smoothly.

Well lately I've been wanting to create some Machinimas again, but I'm not sure whether or not I should make them with the GTAIII series or if I should wait until I get a new PC that could run GTAIV.

I'm not exactly sure when I'll be getting a new PC, but I have enough for one right now. Along with that, would anyone know what a good gaming PC would be and how much it would cost? I don't need some crazy gaming PC, just one that could handle GTAIV pretty smoothly.

My brother (ToonSkull) is into Machinima he uses the Movies, very flexible software, you can pick up a copy for $10 in most bargain bins. It has only one expansion pack that is a must to have. With it you have full camera control. You can then export the GTA models into the Movies and make them do what you like. Here is an example if you're interested:

Ten bucks is a lot less than that new PC. >.< Looks like you and I need the same thing for Xmas. ;)

JAB B)

If you know how to build a PC then buy all the hardware yourself, you'll save hundreds of dollars.

Though I love GTA III so I wouldn't see a problem with you using that to create your machinima. But I guess GTA IV would have a bigger appeal.

I don't know enough about computers to make my own, but I could either ask my dad or my friend to build one for me.

I was initially gonna go back to the GTAIII era of the series for my Machinimas, but I figured that if I start up again, why not start at the peek.

Another reason why I'm thinking about making it with GTAIV, obviously, is because of Rockstar's video editing feature in the PC version. It seems like it'll be so much easier using that than 20 different mods for older games.

If I were to just buy a computer in a store...what would you suggest? I want Windows XP, so I'll most likely have to buy it online, but what brand would be best for gaming? Again, I just need one that could run GTAIV smoothly...not some crazy ass computer.

If you know how to build a PC then buy all the hardware yourself, you'll save hundreds of dollars.

Though I love GTA III so I wouldn't see a problem with you using that to create your machinima. But I guess GTA IV would have a bigger appeal.

I don't know enough about computers to make my own, but I could either ask my dad or my friend to build one for me.

I was initially gonna go back to the GTAIII era of the series for my Machinimas, but I figured that if I start up again, why not start at the peek.

Another reason why I'm thinking about making it with GTAIV, obviously, is because of Rockstar's video editing feature in the PC version. It seems like it'll be so much easier using that than 20 different mods for older games.

If I were to just buy a computer in a store...what would you suggest? I want Windows XP, so I'll most likely have to buy it online, but what brand would be best for gaming? Again, I just need one that could run GTAIV smoothly...not some crazy ass computer.

I could've used a barebones PC and do my trick on it if I were you, but since you're not yet into building PCs yourself, buy the most capable rig that you can afford (check at the specs, though, some OEMs, especially the ones for the home, are notorious for lacking things like a decent video card; the Pentium III-powered Pavilion that I had lacked an AGP slot!).