New Sig

TOXIC

Tell me whats with this new sig, eh guys?

NRG_sig_copy668.jpg

Don't bother those light blue strokes above the body...they're intentional :hurrhurr:

EDIT - This looks damn easy to do, but I want to know how does it look, since I myself love simplicity and being classic :awesome:

Edited by TOXIC

Hmm well, there's a few things you could improve on;

Firstly, improve on the cutouts of the bike. If you own CS3, use the refine edges tool, always helps me out, so should it to you. As well, make the word "Toxic" stand out more, add some brighter colours, but try to add some fades to it (Layer Mask then use the gradient tool consisting of a black to transparent gradient). Borders make some peoples work look complete, so instead of adding a 1px black border, do this; Add a 2px white border, then a 1px black border and see what happens.

It's good being simplistic, but don't always go for that style, sometimes it's just dull really, and doesn't show appeal.

I don't think it looks that bad...just needs a little more character. Try making it into a png and add some transparent portions.

Such as...

toxicsigom6.png

Obviously not exactly like that because you could make it a lot better than that, but hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

Although, if you like your sig the way it is, keep it that way.

Tell me whats with this new sig, eh guys?

NRG_sig_copy668.jpg

Don't bother those light blue strokes above the body...they're intentional :hurrhurr:

EDIT - This looks damn easy to do, but I want to know how does it look, since I myself love simplicity and being classic :awesome:

The Thing about simple signatures is that you have to finish them so that they don't look like a 5min attempt. Here's an example on what you can try.

nrgsigcopy668copysv8.png

Your "Toxic" doesn't stand out enough either.
True, If I hadn't read that I would have never known that Toxic is written in there somewhere.

Also another thing I've noticed in most of your works are that you use a lot of filters. I for one am not the biggest fan of of it, more then one filter and it messes up the image. Also try saving as .png more flexible and way better quality than a jpeg.

We think it's a cutout because it looks like it has been cutout from an image. If you used the rubber tool, it's going to make your work either way look horrible and depending on what type of brush you used. You also said that there's no text, just the bike... Well if you ask me, I could do that in just a few seconds, without worrying about the image itself. You should focus more on the image, cause it looks all horrible, like it was all done in paint. The text is probably the most important part of a sig, so you should also focus on making it feel like it's there.

But one thing that doesn't suit it well is the image. It's all be messed up either because of your use of filters (Supposedly most filters make it the image look horrible). Show us the image also, I just want to see the quality of it before you shooped' it.

Edit: Did something to your sig:

1227541221.png

I tried refining the edges, but it didn't look refined due to your red background, just made it look like it wouldn't work, so I used the glow feature which sort of made it work. Make sure to save it as a .PNG and NOT a .JPG or .JPEG. cause it makes it look all pixeled, and de-colourises most of the picture, sorry about removing the other parts of your sig, I couldn't copy them since I was working more on the bike, so I added some of my magic to it (my "Magic" may not suit you, but it's just for making up about removed those other parts).

Hope this helps.

:o MOTHERFUCKING HELL TM PLEASE MSN

Which in normal language means, TM, that owns.

I thought I'll make a topic on this one, but expressing here itself. I don't know what happened when everything else was going smooth with GFX, probably I'm too eager to post a new sig without thinking atleast two times, guys, thanks for whatever you all have said in here, and specially TM and Evo, who just took the Jpeg and rocked it out. But as always, expect a beast soon. You all have encouraged unknowingly, not unwillingly I guess. Thanks

:)

Hey mate,

I'll send you my MSN now in PM. I don't check my PM's too much. Oh and I just want to tell that your work is awesome, but don't save as .JPEG anymore, .PNG will make your work look good, and whatever you make in photoshop, will be what you get when you upload it and post in the forums, that's why .PNG is a good extension to use in GFX.

And next time, get a good image, not something like that bike which had been fucked over. And whatever you're cutting out, make sure to use the magnetic/polygonal/normal lasso tool. Don't use quick selection or magic wand unless you feel that image is good enough to cutout the item which your intending to cutout.