Official Formula 1 thread

Chris

Probably a stupid time to start this topic at the end of the season, but 2008 was such a great season and we don't already have a topic here so this can be it.

Lewis Hamilton is champion, after probably the best end to a season ever, so tense it was unbelievable. I do hope we have a lot of F1 fans here. Discuss anything you want about it here!

Lewis Hamilton being champion and the 2009 season are some good talking points right now :)

Im happy for Hamilton but Massa didn't deserve to lose like that either, it was a thrilling last few moments in the race, and of course theres still controversy whether Timo Glock allowed Hamilton to pass him. Now that Hamilton is F1 champ, he will get overhyped a lot and I just wonder how he is going to cope with all the media circus around him next season, it could break him or make him a legend.

Sad to see David Coulthard in his last race retire after not even completing the first lap as well. I wonder how Schumacher would have raced against Hamilton.

Yeah it would. I think Hamilton is fine with the media now, it won't break him.

Hamilton vs Schumacher would definitely be awesome. Two of the greatest drivers ever.

I really don't think Glock allowed Hamilton to pass. He stayed out on dry tires, took a massive gamble, and it pissed it down on that last lap. If he didn't tip toe around the track he would have gone off. Slow and steady may not win the race, he lost a couple of places, still got his team points though, better than nothing.

appearenlty hamilton made 1 bill this season

shumi didnt make that in his carrear but hamiltion is overated and i think glock did let him pass on the 1st lap on dry tires in wet he lost only 12 seconds but on last lap he lost 34 seconds hmmm i dunno

but shumi is the best ever i dont think anyone will beat 7 world titles

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Button qualified 14th this morning. Terrible result, the season's completely gonna go to shit for us Brits if he doesn't sort himself out ready for tomorrow, he can't afford not to be in high points with the redbulls this close. The way his car works in colder conditions just isn't right though, so unless Belgium hits a heatwave tomorrow :/

For the record, I still stand by everything in my post above.

OH AND ANOTHER THING.

Ferrari fail by putting Luca Bedoer out to race, F1 just isn't his vocation. I know schumi's injured, but come on... surely they have other young drivers signed and being trained?

Fisichella for FORCE INDIA. LOL! Very interesting.

Fucking love Spa though, my favourite circuit on the F1 calendar, cannot wait for the race tomorrow.

@Llama: Yeah, with all due respect, Luca Badoer does not belong in F1. He was never that great 10 years ago, and no experience since then - it's pointless. It's actually a shame Schumi couldn't race. Would have very much liked to see him vs. Hamilton.

But yeah, they should have definitely chosen an up and coming rookie to drive rather than Luca, would have given the rookie some practical and highly useful experience for when he would become a full time F1 racer. They surely have some to pick from?

Hahaha, I would never guess that Fisichella would do that. Its amazing. I'm feeling sad that Vettel didn't got a better place ( saw the list few minutes ago ). I still hope that Schumacher would return, or to participate at a single race or something. Heard next year he would come back or so.

Won't be bad. People going to watch F1 again, like in the old days. I still remember those Hakkinen vs Schumacher duels back in '00s.

Edited by TG187

• 6 months later...

So the new Formula 1 season is upon us as the 2010 season starts this coming weekend.

Who do you lot think will do well this year, you got any favourite drivers/teams?

Personally, my favourite driver is Jenson Button and I have been a fan of McLaren for about 10 years now. I really hope that Button manages to retain the title this year as i think he really deserves it.