Worst virus you've had

Chrisman

Well, I haven't had a virus in a long time, but I recently had a nasty one.

It started out with trying to download about 20-30 .exe's, that my anti-virus blocked all but four of. One seemed to be a Blaster worm(Shutdown in 60 seconds screen, which I managed to stop). Then it slowed down my computer ALOT, wouldn't even let me start firefox, and froze my explorer.exe .

Luckily I got rid of it.

Which virus is the worst one you've had?

Well, I haven't had a virus in a long time, but I recently had a nasty one.

It started out with trying to download about 20-30 .exe's, that my anti-virus blocked all but four of. One seemed to be a Blaster worm(Shutdown in 60 seconds screen, which I managed to stop). Then it slowed down my computer ALOT, wouldn't even let me start firefox, and froze my explorer.exe .

Luckily I got rid of it.

Which virus is the worst one you've had?

Probably the Vundo trojan; took me four hours to remove it using various utilities...

I've had a shit load of viruses back on my old PC, and since it was Windows XP serivce pack 1, I guess that service pack needed to get upgraded. One though which was annoying was when you could hear music going in the background, like there was nothing on your screen, just could here some lame music.

There's more too, but brings back some bad memories of how annoying it became. :P

Probably the Vundo trojan; took me four hours to remove it using various utilities...

Amen to that. I got it again and had to forcefully break my winlogon.exe and explorer.exe which caused a nasty crash/restart just so I could delete the dll file in time before my PC restarted... Then run in safe mode and remove it from my recycle bin... I think maybe it's better now... AVG isn't popping up with warning after warning that I have 6 more troublesome Temporary File folders...

Well yeah, the space is just marked as free and it'll eventually get overwritten.

Haven't had any viruses on Xp or Vista so I can't really remember. Had numerous ones on XP from downloading files that I kinda expected to have viruses in but they were simple to remove. I guess I'm just awesome at the internet. :)