GTA IV recommended PC specifications released, game delayed?

Chris

IGN, Gamespot & Wikipedia ( to say at least ) are all saying 21st November for EU/AU and 2nd December for US ... Is it a rule the US must get it first? Plus the PC gaming market in the US is weaker than the EU one so I see no reason why for the first time european people get the game first.

IGN, Gamespot & Wikipedia ( to say at least ) are all saying 21st November for EU/AU and 2nd December for US ... Is it a rule the US must get it first? Plus the PC gaming market in the US is weaker than the EU one so I see no reason why for the first time european people get the game first.

I'm saying they haven't updated it yet; Rockstar simply hasn't mentioned the delay will affect Europe too. Since there is no official word, it's against Wikipedia policy to change it. However, it's the way Rockstar traditionally does it and there is no reason why the European release date would stay the same as it was before and the U.S. date get pushed back nearly two weeks.

Kinda weird, if they delayed the EU version too why didn't they mention it when they revealed the US delay? It doesn't make much sense IMO.

On 30th October they announced the delay for the US, why wait one week or two to announce the EU delay :| It's not too hard to say something like that.

Edited by Gycu X

Kinda weird, if they delayed the EU version too why didn't they mention it when they revealed the US delay? It doesn't make much sense IMO.

On 30th October they announced the delay for the US, why wait one week or two to announce the EU delay :| It's not too hard to say something like that.

That's just the way Rockstar has traditionally released their games. If it was released in Europe two weeks earlier (which isn't going to happen) it would surprise me.

R* north is in the UK, so the delay for US only could be possible IMO, but I still think its doubtful

It doesn't matter, Rockstar North which developed GTA IV is in the UK yes, but most of the work related to the PC version is happening in North America. The port to the PC is being handled by Rockstar Toronto in Canada and the publishing and prep-work is done by Rockstar NYC. Testing is likely being done by both Toronto and Lincoln.