PS3 Trophies arriving on Monday

Chris

Word is out that PS3 owners will very soon be able to win trophies with a GTA IV game update on Monday. The rumoured list we put up when news first spread about this last month does appear to be true, the trophies being the same as the achievements available to Xbox 360 players.

The trophies are not retroactive, so if you need an excuse to play through the game again, this is one. Head on over to our PS3 trophies page to see what you'll need to do.

Well I don't know about PS3, but apart from GamerScore whores on Xbox 360 the main attractions are:

Having a reward to show off about doing a particularly hard challenge

Giving players challenges to do that they otherwise wouldn't, adding extra value to the gameplay.

People like that, and that's why they're so incredibly popular.

The trophies are not retroactive, so if you need an excuse to play through the game again, this is one.

I don't wanna sound like a noob, or if I've missed anything but.......I already beat GTA IV on my PS3 (since like July). After I get the patch, does this mean I have to play it ALL OVER AGAIN just to get these trophies? Or that the trophy system can sync with my current savefile and get whatever I've achieved?

Please don't flame me. >.<

The trophies are not retroactive, so if you need an excuse to play through the game again, this is one.

I don't wanna sound like a noob, or if I've missed anything but.......I already beat GTA IV on my PS3 (since like July). After I get the patch, does this mean I have to play it ALL OVER AGAIN just to get these trophies? Or that the trophy system can sync with my current savefile and get whatever I've achieved?

Why would we flame you? There's no problem in not knowing something, this is a forum after all, we're here to help.

Anyway, yeah you'll have to play again to get the achievements.

Anyway, yeah you'll have to play again to get the achievements.

Damn, a'ight then.

Edited by GTAsoldier

I didn't really get a chance to roam around in GTAIV since my PS3 broke before I could. Although, I did beat the main storyline before my PS3 died.

I'll probably just start over from scratch since I've been away from the game for so long.

I checked out all the achievements and it seems like it'll be difficult to do certain things when trying to attempt the others. This will be very interesting.

Aww im so happy. I finally migth get my own PS3 with GTA 4 next Monday. That means i wont have to restart the game cause i never started :). GTA 4 Multiplayer will be awesome.

Lol im getting my PS3 with GTA4 tomorrow :clapping: , so i dont need to restart it neither :rolleyes: