GTA San Andreas coming to Xbox Originals

Chris

Microsoft has announced that the next title to be added to the Xbox Originals download service will be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The game will be available to download on October 20th in North America - there is currently no release date for other regions. The download will cost 1200 Microsoft Points, which equates to just over £10 ($14.99 in USD).

There is also no word on whether or not any of the other games in the series will appear on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Links: MCV

GTA San Andreas on Xbox.com

Micro soft is retarted.

Says the man who can't spell...

josef you clearly don't own a 360. No need to comment when you've got no idea what you're talking about.

I'm sure there are quite a few 360 users who are new to the GTA series with GTA IV and would like to play San Andreas. Simple when they can legally download it on their console for a small price. Having said that it appears they've priced it higher than the current retail value of the physical game... so it may not be all that popular.

I hardly matters actually, Its been what 4 years since the release, The only people to buy it, Like Chris said will be people new to the series who Don't want the go to the store and but their copy.

@Nate: Physical Copy = The game disk which is inserted in the system. The ones which the xbox originals provide are downloaded the the Hard disk and playable from there.

Are these downloadable games popular? Like, more popular than the sale of the physical copy? I suppose it could be useful for really old games (like how wii has virtual console) which you can't buy anymore but I would've thought people would prefer having a physical copy. I suppose a downloaded copy is unscratchable though so that is a plus.

The advantages are that it's permanently stored on your hard drive, so the 3 main advantages are:

No disc that can get scratched

Faster load times

Quieter - everyone knows just how unbelievably noisy the 360's DVD drive is.

Exactly why I am going to download this game! probably my second favorite of the series! :coolthumbup: Edited by Mr.Juggalo

Yes it is actually.

@WRX22B1998:

The advantages are that it's permanently stored on your hard drive, so the 3 main advantages are:

No disc that can get scratched

Faster load times

Quieter - everyone knows just how unbelievably noisy the 360's DVD drive is.

yeah i know eh 360 is so noisy...you reckon its on par with or louder than a laptop cd drive? cos thats pretty noisy lol.

yeah true, the faster load times from HD, but one disadvantage: you cant take it to a friends house and play XD

• 2 years later...