Is God Real

Butters!

1)  Who is the Intelligent Designer?

2)  How did the Intelligent Designer do whatever he/she/it did?

3)  What is the (Un) Intelligent Design reason that humans have toenails, pimples/acne, an appendix, suffer from Alzheimer’s, cancer, etc.?

4)  Why would the "Intelligent" Designer populate the earth with trilobites, dinosaurs, saber-toothed tigers, "woolly" mammoths, etc. and then subsequently remove them?

5) Why does the Intelligent Designer cause/allow hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.? It seems the Intelligent Designer exists only when religious fundamentalists wish to promote their dogmas.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason you keep coming back to debate the nonexistance of God is your ego. You cannot condone that there is something better than you, and yet you have doubt in yourself.

If someone claims to be better than me at something, i don't pretend they don't exist. That's just fucking ridiculous. I know that I'm probably in the 2nd / maybe 3rd quartile of intelligence on the planet, but I'm not ignorant of the 4th.

Oh, and how is god better than us? Way to make us feel good, oh mighty benefactor.

1) Who is the Intelligent Designer?

2) How did the Intelligent Designer do whatever he/she/it did?

3) What is the (Un) Intelligent Design reason that humans have toenails, pimples/acne, an appendix, suffer from Alzheimer's, cancer, etc.?

4) Why would the "Intelligent" Designer populate the earth with trilobites, dinosaurs, saber-toothed tigers, "woolly" mammoths, etc. and then subsequently remove them?

5) Why does the Intelligent Designer cause/allow hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.? It seems the Intelligent Designer exists only when religious fundamentalists wish to promote their dogmas.

1. God

2. i don't know, only God knows

3. this is not heaven, so every human is not exempted from sufferings

4. dinosaurs and humans cannot co-exist with each other, right?

5. challenges makes a person much stronger (not physically) but it depends on the person anyway, if you cannot survive the challenges of this world, then your life is over. I don't sympathize with fundamentalists because they only believe and rely on something for no sufficient reason, they don't fully understand what does a religion really means.

It is human nature to kill. It started with Cain and Abel as the Bible says.

While it may be human nature to kill, that certainly doesn't justify killing in the name of your favorite invisible man. If the people who murdered others in the name of God were never taught the religious garbage, they never would have committed the crimes.

all beings in this universe come to question why they are here.

If by all beings in the universe you mean sentient creatures, yes, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen a Panda wonder why it exists.

At some point in your life you will have a very personal experience. When that happens you are given a gift, a peek behind the magician's curtain and you will be in awe.

What exactly is this "magician's curtain" a metaphor for? And what do you mean by personal experience? Urinating is a personal experience, pretty sure that when I do it I don't gain sacred knowledge. Any "supernatural" experience you have is imagined.

My advice to all is stay away from the man with all the answers, he also has the poisoned kool-aid and wants you to share a trip on the UFO behind the comet. I will be 15 this March and my Dad has said that my wisdom has surpassed his own. Both my Mom and Dad are Methodists, I am not. But my Dad told me a few years ago that the poorest man is one without faith he has nothing to look forward to and worries if the Sun will rise the next day.

So is this metaphor telling us to ignore established knowledge and blindly believe in something that is impossible? Good luck with that, guess I'll just go away while having nothing to look forward to and worrying about the sun rising. (wtf are you on, honestly)

1. God

5. challenges makes a person much stronger (not physically) but it depends on the person anyway, if you cannot survive the challenges of this world, then your life is over. I don't sympathize with fundamentalists because they only believe and rely on something for no sufficient reason, they don't fully understand what does a religion really means.

Haha, that was epic.

1. God

Woah, that just kinda says it all really, if the invisable man existed, I wouldn't give a shit anyway, he can get fucked if someone with that kind of power will let billions of people suffer.

Haha, that was epic.
1. God

Woah, that just kinda says it all really, if the invisable man existed, I wouldn't give a shit anyway, he can get fucked if someone with that kind of power will let billions of people suffer.

not all sufferings are caused by God, and I would say that most of our problems today are made by humans... not God.

I didn't say it was caused by the invisable man, I said he lets it happen.

and if most things are caused by humans, then probably the invisable man did something wrong or didn't create us at all, or maybe he wanted to watch us all suffer, is that it?

of course He will let it, mistakes are made by humans so they must accept its consequences, why blame God because of that?

and like what I said before, "sufferings makes a person stronger" so I won't complain why sufferings is all around.

I blame the invisable man because he lets bad things happen to innocent people.

nobody is innocent, all of us are sinners. And no matter how good or bad you are in this world, you will still die.

and if you would ask me, i still blame humans for that, an example is "abortion", people abort fetus for their personal benefit, God lets it but humans make it possible.

Fuck sins, what have new born children done to deserve being made orphans?

let say they are innocents, yeah i have to consider that. But these orphans are suffering because of the mistakes of other people, like when they are abandoned, it is the fault of their parents not them... but God is still merciful that orphanage is invented. :)

Haha, that was epic.
1. God

not all sufferings are caused by God, and I would say that most of our problems today are made by humans... not God.

Yep because everyday we the human race plot to create more types of cancers and hurricanes.

I didn't say it was caused by the invisable man, I said he lets it happen.

and if most things are caused by humans, then probably the invisable man did something wrong or didn't create us at all, or maybe he wanted to watch us all suffer, is that it?

of course He will let it, mistakes are made by humans so they must accept its consequences, why blame God because of that?

and like what I said before, "sufferings makes a person stronger" so I won't complain why sufferings is all around.

How would you feel if you were one of the Jews being carried out into those toxic chambers during the holocaust? Oh man would you be strong.

I blame the invisable man because he lets bad things happen to innocent people.

nobody is innocent, all of us are sinners. And no matter how good or bad you are in this world, you will still die.

and if you would ask me, i still blame humans for that, an example is "abortion", people abort fetus for their personal benefit, God lets it but humans make it possible.

Of course abortion is for personal benefits. Like we do it for fun. Many young woman may ruin their lives by giving birth due to the lack of a mate and money. With nobody supporting them, they will doom both of them. How would she know if she was going to be raped/left by boyfriend.

only God knows

And you still believe he exists while worshiping him?

I guess that's understandable though, because HE LOVES US ALL. GIVE US MORE DISEASES PLZZZZ

It is human nature to kill. It started with Cain and Abel as the Bible says.

While it may be human nature to kill, that certainly doesn't justify killing in the name of your favorite invisible man. If the people who murdered others in the name of God were never taught the religious garbage, they never would have committed the crimes.

The so called "religious truth" is not the one that makes people kill, it's Satan, using it agaist the week humans.

@Slyde: Imagine God as a father, he punishes his sons when they are naughty, otherwise the sons would become too spoilt, caressed ... Sometimes He punishes the good sons too, just to make sure He punishes them all ... When He does it, Satant tries to takes advantage and get more people on his side making people doubt God ...

Those who suffer will be happy at the end of days. It will all be compensated sometime, this life or the other.

One of my class-mates says religion does not exist infact, because people are equal, only God is superior so there must be a DIRECT relation between you and God, Churches, priests and others stuff are not really needed ...

Edited by Gycu X

Lame or not, it's completely true, it's nothing like an excuse, many people have killed for the invisable man in some way, whether that being because they believe in him or in some religions, because they were told, even if it's not directly from the invisable man, it's come from it somehow, that's it, there's no way to deny that.

@Slyde: Imagine God as a father, he punishes his sons when they are naughty, otherwise the sons would become too spoilt, caressed ... Sometimes He punishes the good sons too, just to make sure He punishes them all ... When He does it, Satant tries to takes advantage and get more people on his side making people doubt God ...

Those who suffer will be happy at the end of days. It will all be compensated sometime, this life or the other.

I seriously doubt we are too spoiled right now. How many different types of crisis' do we have right now? Economy, population, global warming, political, poverty, resource. The list goes on.

What kind of sick dad would punish us so many times in one year. We already have enough to deal with without the fucking cancers and earthquakes.

This is why sometimes i wish that if there was a God, he had some sort of disability where he couldn't fix this no matter how hard he tried. Then he wouldn't really be called God by definition.

The whole idea of believing in the invisable man has killed more people than anything else.

Israel and other middle east countries are having the biggest conflicts ever.Thousands of people die everyday because of the bombings.

Spreading religion back then = slaughtering every other religious groups, torturing and killing those who challenged "God's" words.

We have not come that far to be so civilized yet.

As I said before, it is human nature to kill, believing in God as an excuse for killing is a lame human excuse.

Human nature to kill for food you mean? I don't feel the need to kill right now. So did a terrorist came up to you can said God is just an excuse so we could kill other religious groups that are taking control of the holy land. See how much sense that makes.

Because Jesus Christ was born as a prophet, savior and the only son of God. He is the Christian Messiah, the Jewish people don't believe their Messiah has come yet. The Jewish people believe in Jesus, believe he did great things and was a Holy, spiritual person, but that he wasn't their Savior and are still awaiting their own.

Also, to the few of you posting in this topic who don't believe in a deity(s). Please, stop referring to someone's God as "The Invisible Man" as it is offensive. You may not believe in God or think Religion is stupid but don't belittle someone's faith because you can't comprehend why someone would put their faith in a higher power.

Edit: This topic has gotten way off track. It was about the large particle accelerator and the possible scientific discoveries there after. If I'm not mistaken there is a Religion/Beliefs topic already...

Edited by steveplayer

Because Jesus Christ was born as a prophet, savior and the only son of God. He is the Christian Messiah, the Jewish people don't believe their Messiah has come yet. The Jewish people believe in Jesus, believe he did great things and was a Holy, spiritual person, but that he wasn't their Savior and are still awaiting their own.

Also, to the few of you posting in this topic who don't believe in a deity(s). Please, stop referring to someone's God as "The Invisible Man" as it is offensive. You may not believe in God or think Religion is stupid but don't belittle someone's faith because you can't comprehend why someone would put their faith in a higher power.

Edit: This topic has gotten way off track. It was about the large particle accelerator and the possible scientific discoveries there after. If I'm not mistaken there is a Religion/Beliefs topic already...

Technically, "the invisible man" is not offensive rather the truth. If the truth was 1+1=2, then it wouldn't be offensive to call 1+1=3 bullshit.

You can't be offensive if it is not actually real. Please don't make me argue how it all ain't real. Unless providing proven evidence don't bother posting.