Is God Real

Butters!

That hot? Immposible

If it was they would probably end the world by global warming, rather than find out how it began

Anyway, there is no substance on earth that is mouldable to make a tube that would hold such intense heat. All the scientists inside the lab would die anyway. Its just such a pointless experiment, at the end of the day, finding out how the world began is just another thing that goes in some unlicky kids school textbook, it would still be hundreds of years before we would be able to even plan a way to use this information to do something!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So damn, I should keep up with this place. Seven fucking pages of stupid bickering.

My theory about why people don't want this to really go ahead, and that's god, they know it will be proved wrong, and they don't like it.

Or the fact that it CAN go wrong. You can do scientific equations all day long, but when that TINY little flaw you didn't plan for((ala, WASN'T in your equation)) happens..... The ENTIRE outcome can be changed. And that CAN be fatal.

There's professors out there, who say this is safe and nothing to worry about. I'm talking about Top Professors.

And there's ones who say it's not safe in the least. What is your point?

If there really was a hugely proportionate chance we'd die, they wouldn't do it. Why destroy the Human race whilst trying to find out how where we live was created?

Irony ftw.

Why does everyone trust people because "they're scientists!"....... Yeah, Hitler was a genius, doesn't make his actions or goal any better. Scientists make fatal weapons and high-powered missiles. But trust them, they're scientists.

Four words:

I don't believe it.

The death wouldn't be so instant.

Thats five words.

Actually, it's ten. Six plus four.

Not really, it's caused by things that actually have explainations. God creating 'Heavens and the Earth' does not.

Are you REALLY that dense? If you'd pay attention and get your head out of your 13-year-old((don't bother correcting me on your age, I'm equating your actions to an appropriate age)) "i have to rebel and yell at every mention of religion" ASS..... MAYBE you'd understand what he was saying. Say this proves that the BBT is correct. Who's to say God didn't cause the big bang? Because the Bible doesn't say so? So? They didn't know. We still don't even know if the BBT is correct, how do you expect people thousands of years ago to know that God himself caused it?

For the record, I'm not religious. In the least.

Bible says God created the Heavens and the Earth in a week. (Genesis 1:1-2:3)
# First day: God creates light ("Let there be light!") - the first divine command. The light is divided from the darkness, and "day" and "night" are named.

# Second day: God creates a firmament ("Let a firmament be...!") - the second command - to divide the waters above from the waters below. The firmament is named "heavens".

# Third day: God commands the waters below to be gathered together in one place, and dry land to appear (the third command). "Earth" and "sea" are named. God commands the earth to bring forth grass, plants, and fruit-bearing trees (the fourth command).

# Fourth day: God creates lights in the firmament (the fifth command) to separate light from darkness and to mark days, seasons and years. Two great lights are made (most likely the Sun and Moon, but not named), and the stars.

# Fifth day: God commands the sea to "teem with living creatures", and birds to fly across the heavens (sixth command); He creates birds and sea creatures, and commands them to be fruitful and multiply.

# Sixth day: God commands the land to bring forth living creatures (seventh command); He makes wild beasts, livestock and reptiles. He then creates Man and Woman in His "image" and "likeness" (eighth command). They are told to "be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it." Humans and animals are given plants to eat. The totality of creation is described by God as "very good."

Evolution says humans (even organisms) didn't come along until much longer after the Earth was formed. And even then humans didn't come until millions of years later after other animals.

Well there are loads of things in the bible that are metaphors. Who said that these 7 days were Earth days? We could have been organisms when God created us and then we could have evolved.

Actually, they don't have to be days at all. Could've been periods. Time frames. Stages of development, even. And yes, the Bible isn't meant to be taken literately, that's where a lot of Christians fail. It's a book of stories, metaphors, and life lessons to improve your morale and make you a better person.

My thoughts on the LHC? Fucking hell people! With a risk of such fatal proportions? Leave. It. Be.

actually the experiment is pretty pointless, it won't help the crisis on oil or stop global warming, they can't even make a new universe making that. Its just a study that wont help the majority of world's population.

It's not completley useless, they are trying to find out more about our planet, if this comes out with odd results, then the whole law of physics that we have all been taught at school, college etc. could really just be a load of nonsense.

Anyway, I do think that the billions spent on this project could have gone to better use, feeding countries like Africa.

Not really, it's caused by things that actually have explainations. God creating 'Heavens and the Earth' does not.

Are you REALLY that dense? If you'd pay attention and get your head out of your 13-year-old((don't bother correcting me on your age, I'm equating your actions to an appropriate age)) "i have to rebel and yell at every mention of religion" ASS..... MAYBE you'd understand what he was saying. Say this proves that the BBT is correct. Who's to say God didn't cause the big bang? Because the Bible doesn't say so? So? They didn't know. We still don't even know if the BBT is correct, how do you expect people thousands of years ago to know that God himself caused it?

The bible didn't say God created the big bang, the bible says God made the 'Heaven's and the Earth' in 7 days, and apparently the bible is always right. I'm not trying to disprove the fact that God didn't create the big bang, just that the God Christian's refer to wouldn't have.

I'm that dense really, yeah.

I'm 14 as well, yeah. OMG BUT THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT BECAUSE SPAZ THE GREAT SAYS I'M 13! OMG OMG!!111 I'm gonna go crawl into a hole and die.

The bible didn't say God created the big bang, the bible says God made the 'Heaven's and the Earth' in 7 days, and apparently the bible is always right. I'm not trying to disprove the fact that God didn't create the big bang, just that the God Christian's refer to wouldn't have.

No it didn't say God created the "Big Bang"...but what do you think the "Heaven's" are??? Outer space. Where does it say that the bible is always right? If you take what it says the wrong way then it most likely will be incorrect.

I'm 14 as well, yeah. OMG BUT THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT BECAUSE SPAZ THE GREAT SAYS I'M 13! OMG OMG!!111 I'm gonna go crawl into a hole and die.

HOLY SHIT!!!

Did you not read this part of his post???

"don't bother correcting me on your age, I'm equating your actions to an appropriate age"

You're not helping yourself by replying to that.

Anyway, I do think that the billions spent on this project could have gone to better use, feeding countries like Africa.

No. The civilized world has poured billions into Africa and it's still a shit hole. The trillions of dollars already spent trying to feed Africans never reach them, if the world is going to try to save Africa, the corrupt dictators need to be removed first.

No it didn't say God created the "Big Bang"...but what do you think the "Heaven's" are??? Outer space. Where does it say that the bible is always right? If you take what it says the wrong way then it most likely will be incorrect.

A lot of Christians, if not most, say the Bible is always right.

Heaven is the place the Bible says you go to off to why you die too.

HOLY SHIT!!!

Did you not read this part of his post???

"don't bother correcting me on your age, I'm equating your actions to an appropriate age"

You're not helping yourself by replying to that.

Yeah, but it made me laugh. :P

The bible isnt always right, its stories and metaphores that help people better themselves, and the world

I just covered why the Bible wouldn't mention it. We STILL DON'T KNOW IF THE BBT IS EVEN CORRECT, HOW WOULD THEY KNOW IF IT WAS EVEN AN IDEA BACK THEN? The Bible wasn't written in the 20th century((well, it's been re-written plenty of times))..... You're taking everything in it too literately. I also explained what the "7 days" could mean. Remember, it's been re-written too many times.

Exactly how I see it, yeah.

Then what the hell, dude? Why are you trying to say that it's suppose to be fact that is set in stone?

God didn't create the big bang. I believe something triggered it to happen. Or another theory is that the universe became so dense and it just couldn't take the pressure anymore so it exploded herefore creating our universe.

Wow... That makes.... No sense....

Then why are you bitching that God could never have ever possibly caused the big bang just because it isn't in the bible? You're just bitching about shit because you don't like religion.

I'm bitching that the God Christian's refer to in the Bible wouldn't of caused the big bang.

Oh my GOD dude.... If some other god could've done it, why not that god? And how do you know that a god didn't do it, and it was the same god that Christians just happened to "discover" one day.

• 2 weeks later...

It is known that Churches were just made originally to get money in exchange for not going to hell. Wow, ppl were suckers then :P And people are sucker now! They are still putting money into the collection box... Wouldn't it be sinful to use Religion for financial gain?

But really... Who cares about why we are here, or where we came from? We're here and goddam it, we should have fun!! Not spend a whole lifetime wondering why we're here...

Edited by Deji

It is known that Churches were just made originally to get money in exchange for not going to hell. Wow, ppl were suckers then :P And people are sucker now! They are still putting money into the collection box... Wouldn't it be sinful to use Religion for financial gain?

But really... Who cares about why we are here, or where we came from? We're here and goddam it, we should have fun!! Not spend

a whole lifetime wondering why we're here...

Well I think they collect money today...because the church needs money to run. There is no other way they could get money unless they all have their own jobs aside from what they do at the church. Today they ask for donation, they don't tell us that we'll go to hell if we don't contribute.

I think people just want to know our origins, but I don't think it should potentially cause the end of everything...it's not worth it.

Aren't we going to fell stupid when we waste our entire life trying to figure out what the meaning of life is, just to end up finding out that the meaning of life..... Is to live?

:o Where did you find that answer?!?!?! GOOGLE DIDN'T TELL ME THAT!!! IT TOLD ME "M(L)=42" !!1!1111!!!!!

Edited by Harwood Butcher