Is God Real

Butters!

Yeah, I was having a chat with my mates, and it occoured to us: What if we are stuck in an infanite Parody, where we do this experiment, but it changes the atmosphere, and wipes out all life, but then recreates it and it is used to the atmosphere, and billions of years later, we do this experiment agin, wipe out all life and do it again ect. We didn't come up with what happens to our buildings and fossils, still some holes in the idea, but still a strange theory?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there really was a hugely proportionate chance we'd die, they wouldn't do it. Why destroy the Human race whilst trying to find out how where we live was created?

I totally believe that. I know that the scientists wouldn't do anything stupid that could easily wipe them and everyone else on planet earth out.

---

Regardless of the outcome, there will still be consequences to the human race. If it doesn't go as planned we face Micro Black Holes and maybe as the website of the LHC says "strange matter". There will always be consequences for our actions as humans.

It would prove god didn't exist, because the bible and other books say that god created the universe...

So God couldn't of created the big bang right?

Nope.

Oh, alright. Thanks for clearing that up. Makes total sense you know, since Christians believe that God can do ANYTHING then I guess he couldn't of created the big bang.

First of all, they can't prove God didn't exist, I don't think you guys are thinking at all. Look into a religion before you just make random theories about why people don't want it to go off... Connor that's really ridiculous.

Now, this has been news for a while now, it was supposed to go off in May, but it didn't, it got delayed until now. It could indeed make a black hole and stuff, and it might not. In all honesty, what the fuck are we doing this for if it could do this much trouble?

Also, Thomas, THIS has never been done before at this level, there's been other colliders but this is the largest.

Well, this can prove god didn't create the world atleast?

I heard that tommorow (10th September 2008 around 8:00pm) scientists will use a particle exelorator to try and recreate the big bang. I heard rumors around the Quad, that a Huge Explosion, Black Hole or Tornado will kill us all. I didn't belive it at first, and still think it will have either Little, or No effect on us. But I looked on the Intenet, and lots of sites are saying it will have a big impact on climate change, and different effects on places in the world: Here is a Map I found Labeling It:

2ywhiyo.jpg

What do you think?

Four words:

I don't believe it.

The death wouldn't be so instant.

I heard that tommorow (10th September 2008 around 8:00pm) scientists will use a particle exelorator to try and recreate the big bang. I heard rumors around the Quad, that a Huge Explosion, Black Hole or Tornado will kill us all. I didn't belive it at first, and still think it will have either Little, or No effect on us. But I looked on the Intenet, and lots of sites are saying it will have a big impact on climate change, and different effects on places in the world: Here is a Map I found Labeling It:

2ywhiyo.jpg

What do you think?

Four words:

I don't believe it.

The death wouldn't be so instant.

Thats five words.

Even though I am a Christian minority, protestant. I am really dependant of some sort of God creating the Universe. We don't know, we will never know if a God created us, our planet, our solar system and our universe. We do not have proof that a God did and nor do we have proof that it was created by a bunch of matter clumping together and steadily expanding.

We are talking about the Large Hadron Collider to be launched within the 24 hours not about how the universe was created. Maybe a topic should be made about it.

Edited by ThomasY

No... it can't. If God could do anything then why can't he create the big bang?

Because according to the Bible, he made the Earth...All magical like.

Really? Where?

'On the first day, God created the Heavens and the Earth, and saw that it was good'

etc, etc.

Right there?

Where is the magic sort of thing going on there? Let's disect:

On the first day, God created the Heavens and the Earth -- alright, awesome!

and saw that it was good - He saw that it was good. Wow.

Where's the magic?