How Do you Install Skins?

NSXTypeR

Welcome to The GTA Place NSX. To install skins, please refer to your GTA San Andreas/Vice City directory, and find a folder. In there you should find a folder for your skins. INsert the skin file (not the .txd, and .dff's.). Once you have your skin .bmp or what ever format it is in, go onto Spooky's IMG Tool, and open gta3.img, and add the two ".txd, and the .dff files into your IMG Tool, and start up your game! hit "Esc" on your keyboard, and click Options, then manage your skins.

Help this helps! ;)

Sweet thank you. It did work! Now Just have to find some new skins lol.

Ok Well I found a Solid Snake Skin, all it had was the player.dff file and I replaced and backed up the original and made the folder for skins put the bmp in and it will finish the loading screen and will crash right after it loads, what do I do? Sorry I'm new at all this stuff.

Edited by NSXTypeR

Ok, this is what I did. I downloaded the Solid Snake Skin for GTA SA, then opened IMGTool. Then opened the gta3.img file then backed up the player.dff and replaced it with the one the download came with. Then I went to where my GTA is installed made a folder named skins, because there wans't one to start with, then put the bmp in the folder, started GTA then loaded my game and as soon as it finished loading it crashed. what do i do? did I do it wrong?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well I downloaded a Tommy Vercettie Skin and Not sure how to put it on. I tried using SAMI but didn't work. So any help?

Also Does any one know where I can find a Solid Snake Skin? Like from Metal Gear Solid?

If you want to download the tommy skin don't use SAMI because that is for car and buses etc the best thing to use is the imgtool if it doesn't work then try another skin

• 2 weeks later...
Sweet thank you. It did work! Now Just have to find some new skins lol.

Ok Well I found a Solid Snake Skin, all it had was the player.dff file and I replaced and backed up the original and made the folder for skins put the bmp in and it will finish the loading screen and will crash right after it loads, what do I do? Sorry I'm new at all this stuff.

You Should Put The Dff's & Txd's in Player.img if That Skin is For the Player!

• 2 years later...