Vice City Uncensored

Hello everyone, I'm a n00b. I've gots a question. How do I know if the game I'm getting is the original unedited one? You know, the one that says "Kill all the Haitains". I had the original, got it first day of release, but I let my friend borrow it which basically means it's gone but not forgotten.

I know that seems sort of petty but I just like playing the game the way it was intended. Thanks for the help. Peace out.

Hey n00b.Welcome to The GTA Place and I'll ask you nice: What is your question? If you have the original one or not? And hwat do you mean with "Kill all the Haitians"? I think you are talkin' about a mission.But I really don't get.What are you talking about? I think you only wanted to post something.

Oh and ... Peace out.

My question is how do I know I'm not playing or going to buy the watered down GTA: Vice City? The mission is one of Umberto Robina's. You have a shoot out with the Haitians at their drug lab. It says "Kill all the Haitians" before you start filling them with lead. I don't want to play a censored game. Or listen to censored music, or watch censored movies. Do I look at the serial number, the UPC, or the box cover art? Sorry if I'm hard to understand. I've never been good at expressing my thoughts. Thanks for the reply though.

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease.

No, in the U.S. Rockstar was made to censor the game because of a mission for Umberto Robina in which one of the Cubans says "KILL ALL THE HAITIANS" which is also displayed on the screen as text. The song "Cars" was also removed from the Wave 103 radio station. This censorship affects the Xbox version as well as PS2 copies past version 1.1 IIRC.

No, in the U.S. Rockstar was made to censor the game because of a mission for Umberto Robina in which one of the Cubans says "KILL ALL THE HAITIANS" which is also displayed on the screen as text. The song "Cars" was also removed from the Wave 103 radio station. This censorship affects the Xbox version as well as PS2 copies past version 1.1 IIRC.

i heard about the haitian thing, but why was 'cars' taken out?

Hey Chris, what does IIRC mean? Sounds computery, I'm not too knowledgable on that stuff. My guess about Cars is copywrite problems. The music industry is one giant cluster****. Or so I hear. And I think it's Gary Newman, but it rhymes with Barry so yeah.

Also, Samil wasn't being rude. At least that's how I took it. No harm, no foul.

Edited by Basiliscus Maximus

IIRC - If I remember correctly.

Not to be confused with IRL - In real life or ITT - In this thread.

Ha, funny you say Garry, I couldn't remember which of the two it was, so i guessed. Too lazy just to hit 'back' heh. As for copyrighting, I'm sure R* would have obtained the rights to the music before they used it, though there might have been a dispute of the usage in the contract or something. Like you said, music industry, clusterfuck.

Yeah, I just remember the Dj saying "I now give you, Gary Newman". So how can I tell if it's version 1.1? Is it possible or just go for a wild guess. I see people on eBay selling the game with the headline "Original GTA: Vice City NM" so would that be a good choice?

And to keep the thread from getting too lame, I think Tommy Vercitti is the coolest main character so far. Although Niko is very very close. No wait, Niko is cooler. Shit, I can't decide. Tommy is Ray Liotta though, Henry Hill guys. The bad guy from Turbulence. That's pretty much it.

Edited by Basiliscus Maximus

Not really sure tbh, a little wiki'ing says it was a song by Barry Numan, inspired by road rage. My guess is it's something to do with R* being scared people might drag the road rage in the game into reality, but I'm just guessing here.

Anyone have the real reason?

!?!?!?

But they're not worried someone will walk up to a hooker w/ a flamethrower & light her up?

Copyright issue makes more sense. The original "Heavy Metal" move was a perfect example of that, it took years to

get the soundtrack released after the initial pressing. Yes, I got one of the few original presses.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...