GTA Europe

mvi

EuropeLogo.jpg

Hi, everyone I'm currently putting together a team to make a mod including London, Dublin and Rome in a total conversion mod for San Andreas. The plot rotates around 3 gangs, the London gangsters, Italian Mafia and IRA.

Does anyone want to help, 3d scratch moddelers, mission modders and anyone that knows anything about editing paths will be needed.

Progress

Planning [~~~~~-------]

Modding [Awaiting SA PC]

The GTA E Project.

Contents

1. Aim

2. Planning

3. Maps

4. Work Graphics

5. Progress

6. Staff

Aim

Thus, the title, GTA Europe is aiming to be a total conversion mod, changing GTA SA into cities from Europe. The only city to definitely be done is London.

London will comprise of a Westminster section, though the layout will not be geographically correct as anyone can work out that landmarks in cities are generally not very close, so we will have No. 10, The Millennium Eye, Parliament and Big Ben close together. We’ll also have urban areas in the city, and the bridges like Big Ben connect to opposite shores. Now you’re probably wondering how the hell, are we going to get any level of realism to this? Well, the answer is that I’ll be using Pro/Desktop, an incredibly easy to use 3d tool, which allows high levels of precise detail, then I’ll export to VRML>3ds>DFF and do the textures.

Plot revolves around a 25 year old London taxi driver that gets caught in the middle of a shoot-out between the London Gangs and the Police, now he’s on the police’s wanted list and if he’s ever seen by the London gangs, he’s attacked. He has to worm his way out of trouble, and also get back at the man that caused him the trouble in the first place. His only friend was put in hospital by the gangs.

Planning

Part 1. MAP. Work out basic maps, these will be just basic images, a maybe a few basic 3d models. With annotations and photos of source images.

Part 2. RESEARCH. Take photos and sketches of landmarks to be included, also any additional notes needed.

Part 3 SOME MODELS. Some models will be made in 3ds and Pro/D, assuming the converters will be available. (otherwise we’re screwed.

------------------SA PC RELEASE

Part 4. CLEARANCE. Clear out all the giant chunks of SA that won’t be in it. For example, missions, model loads, maybe models as well. So that we have a very skimmed down version. Aim being to get it to just be a block which you spawn on, with nothing else, then we can build up the system, later adding back the crucial things like paths, ped spawning, weather etc. This is just to make it easier to work with, so the map.

Part 5. ISLAND BASES. Bases of islands will then be made, with holes in the right places for underground areas.

Part 6. BUILDINGS. Notably landmarks, then the more urban areas.

Part 7. RESTORE. Put back in the crucial items mentioned above.

Part 8. MISSIONS. Do the missions and skins.

Part 9. BUG Checking and anything I’ve forgot.

I could help, I have no modding experience, but I could plan, design and convert cities, gangs characters etc. I have a lot of experience with city planning and also Building design.

Edited by MI7

The GTA London Mod became GTA Great Britain to fit in with SAs larger playing area. Now managed by Suction Testicle Man, GTAGB will be at the forefront of the London movement that seems to be swimming up in other TCs

To the best of my knowledge, which is as a result of being closely involved and now managing www.GTALondon.com, STM is not willing to go back into partnership with anybody, as that was the reason the original GTA London mod fell apart.

K, another update.

This time on the italy side as I just recieved an email from the italian leader, they now have 6 or 7 modders and have completed the colloseum, (which I still need to edit, as they don't know how to do the damage), and St Peters (you'll have seen as the place of the Popes funeral). At the moment I'm currently making big ben, from some nice blue prints I've found.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know why you didn't post it up, but...

Team Leader - MVI

Modeling - Doodem, Grove St Gunna, RandomMan, SkinCat

Textures - Spas, Bryan, Chris82

Radio - Tommy Vercetti

Coding - Yeti, mvi, gsg

Learning to Model - Bryan, Cocanuta

• 1 month later...