GTA IV PC details and screenshots emerge

Chris

Also graphics are not preferred over gameplay, it's just that if they can be better while still maintaining the same quality of gameplay, so much the better.

Agreed 100%.

.... Control is part of the gameplay to me. It's easier to PLAY THE GAME with analog controls that aren't massive((like keyboards)).

full spherical movement with a mouse that you cant get without having to use 2 analog sticks at once, which is hard for me.

8 directions to move with WASD

More buttons! 16 keys around WASD that are easily reachable, plug the 3 mouse buttons and mouse wheel. I have 5 buttons on my mouse, so thats 21 buttons with an easy reach while PC gaming. 14 on a PS2 controller (including the D-pad rocker) so really only 10 buttons on a PS2 controller. (not including start/select)

This is just for me, maybe you are better with analog sticks, more power to you.

Edited by Shortbus

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I NEVER care about graphics in games. Im still not really liking this game much and the only thing I can find to do is crash on a bike, so I'm not that bothered if the game is above my PC's speed. I'd be interested in having it to try it a bit more but it is prob gonna be about 14 GB! I have an 80GB HD with only 5GB ATM...

Wow... People use the WASD controls!? I switch em to the good ol' Arrow Buttons.

Edited by Deji

Yeah. WASD is a hell of a lot more efficient than the arrow keys, especially in FPS games. You should really try it if you're used to using the arrow keys. When I first started playing games I was like you and used to change them to the arrow keys. But then I couldn't be bothered to keep doing that whenever I got a new game. So I didn't. That's when I realised WASD pwns if you're stuck using a keyboard.

Of course if you have a controller then you'll most likely find using that better for most games.

I use WASD in Scarface, I could switch to WASD in SA and not get annoyed by it, it's just that I'm more used to the arrows keys since I play a lot of GTA. If my PS3 controller didn't go gay on me (not in a homosexual way, just like annoying gay), I would totally use that for my games since I'm more of a console gamer.

If my PS3 controller didn't go gay on me (not in a homosexual way, just like annoying gay)

Better watch out by saying that, I got in trouble for doing it.

Physics>Graphics

Controls>Features

I will most definately use the Xbox controller with this, and hopefully they fix a few of the physics problems instead of just making the graphics better and adding a replay feature.

@Alkaline: He doesn't have a console... yeah, cause he's got a system with a much higher potential. Now we can agrue about that potential being unleased or not, but a mid-range/high-end PC technically is superior, that's a fact.

About controls: I love using a keyboard. With exeption of platform games and things like flight sim and a few other genres, it does great.

I had bought a gamepad for my PC, but the only game I ever used it for was SA. For all others using a keyboard + mouse just worked better.

Oh, and those arrows suck. I once had some game from EA that had to be controlled with the arrows and that sucked hardcore. That was keyboard only though. So left hand to arrows and right hand on spacebar and the keys around it. But I didn't like it at all. As Chris said, WASD is MUCH more efficient.

full spherical movement with a mouse that you cant get without having to use 2 analog sticks at once, which is hard for me.

More buttons! 16 keys around WASD that are easily reachable, plug the 3 mouse buttons and mouse wheel. I have 5 buttons on my mouse, so thats 21 buttons with an easy reach while PC gaming. 14 on a PS2 controller (including the D-pad rocker) so really only 10 buttons on a PS2 controller. (not including start/select)

This is just for me, maybe you are better with analog sticks, more power to you.

More keys, but less sensitive ones. For almost any type of driving, I need the analog sensitivity. Why does everyone place shooting over driving in GTA? Even online it was nothing but those XboxLive-Kiddies and HALOFAGS.

Even doing something like walking along an edge is easier with the analog controls.

Wow... People use the WASD controls!? I switch em to the good ol' Arrow Buttons.

Yeah, which is a BITCH to use when you have your right hand on the mouse. On top of most of the control buttons being on the LEFT side of the keyboard....

I STILL don't understand how it's more proper to play it on PC. You just don't have the same control over the game. Will SOMEONE explain this to me?

Maybe he only had a quick go at his friends house because he and doesn't own a console. You have no idea do you?

Hanging on to every word Llama says ftl.

But making a correct assumption... FTW.....

What the actual fuck?

When I said 'play the game properly' , I never for a second suggested that me playing it 'Improperly' was because of the control scheme. Don't go off on one over an assumption. I said what I said because I've never really had the chance to play the game for longer than 15 mins at a time, which means there's little to no immersion, or feel for the game.

I never said it was more proper to play on any medium, in fact I'd also much rather use an analogue stick for driving, as well as triggers. Keyboard sucks for driving.

More keys, but less sensitive ones. For almost any type of driving, I need the analog sensitivity. Why does everyone place shooting over driving in GTA? Even online it was nothing but those XboxLive-Kiddies and HALOFAGS.

Even doing something like walking along an edge is easier with the analog controls.

I was talking more about ANY game that has to do with aiming, a mouse is just better, I think most can agree on that.

About driving, I can drive fine with a keyboard :/. When driving on my PS2 on VC, I use the D-pad, which is more like WASD than the analog sticks.

walking along an edge might be easier on analog, but if you can maneuver your mouse at all, it shouldn't be a problem, especially on GTA4 where you can walk normally.

And I agree 100% with the term HALOFAGS :lol:

Edited by Shortbus

:lolbounce: can someone define the word 'HALOFAGS' to me, although, i have a pretty good idea

Someone who does nothing more than play halo online all day. A primal creature, they speak fluent leet, and often only eat/drink whilst still playing halo. They think large score = large penis and really, really need girlfriends.

:lolbounce: can someone define the word 'HALOFAGS' to me, although, i have a pretty good idea

Someone who does nothing more than play halo online all day. A primal creature, they speak fluent leet, and often only eat/drink whilst still playing halo. They think large score = large penis and really, really need girlfriends.

Im simular to that. I play GTA IV and GTA SA online all day for 12 hours. Does that make me a GTA-Fag?