GTA IV PC details and screenshots emerge

Chris

The PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV was shown off at the Leipzig Games Convention today by PR man Steve Hahnel. New features are detailed below:

• Much improved visuals, they'll be "polished well beyond what they were on the 360 and PS3".
  • The number of multiplayer slots may be expanded for the PC version.
  • The maximum resolution is 2560x1600.
  • The replay feature has been improved. Players can record 30 second clips and they can now add filters and adjust the camera angle using the replay editor. They can also make a montage of clips and upload them to the R* Social Club for others to view.
  • Players can finally filter multiplayer games more specifically (e.g. a deathmatches using a particular weapon).
  • The Xbox 360 controller is compatible with the PC version.
  • It looks like fingerless gloves have finally been added! Much to the delight of pretty much every player of the game! See this shot

10 new screenshots have been released, click the thumbnails below to see the large versions. These have also been added to our new GTA IV PC screenshot gallery.

gta-iv-pc-screenshot_001.jpg gta-iv-pc-screenshot_002.jpg gta-iv-pc-screenshot_003.jpg gta-iv-pc-screenshot_004.jpg gta-iv-pc-screenshot_005.jpg gta-iv-pc-screenshot_006.jpg gta-iv-pc-screenshot_007.jpg gta-iv-pc-screenshot_008.jpg gta-iv-pc-screenshot_009.jpg gta-iv-pc-screenshot_010.jpg

Related articles: Eurogamer and IGN previews

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit dissapointed with the graphics.

I mean, they're not as realistic as consoles, people's fingers are "squared" and explosions seem fucked. This is just my opinion.

The game is still in early development, meaning it's a work in progress. Of course the graphics won't be as realistic YET, trust me, when they've finished, it will look soooooo much better. And also; graphics < gameplay.

Looks like R* really listened to the fans. I bet they even browsed through our forums. ;)

This is good for the PC version but I feel sorry for the console versions, since they won't get these improvements and FINGERLESS GLOVES.

el oh el. They probably just got millions of e-mails from impatient people asking for fingerless gloves and pc verzan of gta ivy! Fingerless gloves might come as DLC to the 360. And there's always time for a quick patch to improve stuff, but they probably won't.

I mean, they're not as realistic as consoles, people's fingers are "squared" and explosions seem fucked. This is just my opinion.

The game is still in early development, meaning it's a work in progress. Of course the graphics won't be as realistic YET, trust me, when they've finished, it will look soooooo much better. And also; graphics < gameplay.

Looks like R* really listened to the fans. I bet they even browsed through our forums. ;)

This is good for the PC version but I feel sorry for the console versions, since they won't get these improvements and FINGERLESS GLOVES.

el oh el. They probably just got millions of e-mails from impatient people asking for fingerless gloves and pc verzan of gta ivy! Fingerless gloves might come as DLC to the 360. And there's always time for a quick patch to improve stuff, but they probably won't.

I'm really dissapointed at R* for not patching trophies in or fixing the "Connection Lost" problem. I'd get GTA for PC but not only do I hate the controls for PC I also have a rubbish computer. Ah well the game looks pretty good and I'm impressed that they have managed to surpass the graphics of that on PS3 and Xbox.

Just google 'How to use your PS3 controller for PC' and it should work. If they don't add support for normal SIXAXIS or DS3 controllers by just connecting the controller to your PC, I'll be mad. It didn't work for me because there's something wrong with my controller.

It started happening after I dropped it accidentally... from the top bunk. PC graphics will definitely be better and you could always turn some shiz off in the options. I really hope you can turn off the blurry oil painting effect but I doubt it. Maybe some kind modder will do it.

Yeah, it just looks like a 100 times better than the console version.. Console version was extreemly blurry and that really was annoying. I am genuinly impressed with these graphics (compared to consoles that is).

I hope they've tweaked the physics though. IMO they were slightly off...

Would a laptop with 1.59GHz and 512mb of RAM, an Intel® Pentium® 1.60 GHz be able to run it? I don't think so... But this is going off-topic now.

No. But their's a topic about this in the GTA IV section of the forums, you might want to check it out.

lolwut?

I was dissapointed with the PC graphics. They seem low-res but it would be their GFX card...

How can you be disappointed? It's still a work in progress, give it time and I can guarantee you that the graphics will be way better than the console graphics. And for the love of God, please make an option to turn off the oil painting effect! It would just make the game appear more sharper in general.