Awards tab in user profiles

Chris

Another quick notice just so certain members of the forums don't start asking silly questions about it.

As you may or may not know we hold a fun little awards session at the end of each calendar year here on the forums. We did have an old and relatively unused page up which was basically displaying a boring list of members and the number of awards they have. You could then click a member's name and see what they'd won etc. No one ever used it though.

I've got rid of this and have replaced it with a simple awards tab in your user profiles.

It seems logical to do this with more emphasis being put on user profiles these days. And we started with download database integration a couple of weeks ago.

At the same time I made a slight change to the way they're shown in topics. The old way was we showed a medal for each award you had, this was fine the first year, but from the second year it became clear some popular members won many and this of course cluttered up their profile box. Now, just one medal will be shown regardless of how many the user actually has. Hovering over the medal with your mouse will show the number of awards they have, and clicking it will take you directly to the awards tab in their profile.

Sorry if you saw random php/mysql/ips driver errors in the last 10 minutes or so. But that's because of what I was doing above and getting things wrong :P

Could you maybe fix the page stretch? When I was on your profile (Chris), it stretched the page when I was on the awards tab. I blocked the images (the pics before the award name and the page wasn't stretched.

It was that what I was saying. I think it's because of the old sig that Chris won the award.