Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

Developments involving my brothers means i will get a barebone next month. The only thing now is if it'll be on the 4th-5th or the 11th-12th.

Either way this means the 9600 GT i currently have now will be paired properly with a dual core CPU for this game as my mobo for the proposed barebone can't go tri or quad core. And since AMD home computers is all i've known, i'm going X2 baby

Heh they are really nice to say that my CPU speed doesn't meet the recomended when I have the recomended "CPU AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz". They have put the quad core prosessors speed as the recomended shouldn't it be the triple cores speed as its the lower than the quad core and both are recomended CPU's. What idiots and its not a suprise that my graphic card is not up with the recomended but still wins the minimum.

Well, quad core and tri-cores are similar, only by a bit. But I have no experience on Tri-Core processors, only single core and quad core processors. Plus, Quad Core processors could possibly make a huge difference when it comes to actually playing the game on recommended.

This game has also got a Dynamic Motion Synthesis program as well. I guess the AI is smart, so you'll definitely need a good processor in order to experience a better AI and from what I heard, the graphics are much better on the PC version, so I guess you'll need a good graphics card either way if you also want to experience the visuals.

Well, quad core and tri-cores are similar, only by a bit. But I have no experience on Tri-Core processors, only single core and quad core processors. Plus, Quad Core processors could possibly make a huge difference when it comes to actually playing the game on recommended.

This game has also got a Dynamic Motion Synthesis program as well. I guess the AI is smart, so you'll definitely need a good processor in order to experience a better AI and from what I heard, the graphics are much better on the PC version, so I guess you'll need a good graphics card either way if you also want to experience the visuals.

You miss the point the site is about testing your system if its good to run a game. If the game has two different CPU's as recomended of course the CPU that has the slowest speed should be the recomended speed for the CPU not the higher one when them both are recomended CPU's. So in reality my CPU is recomended but that site says that it has not the speed even when the speed is from the recomended CPU but not the higher one. Recomended doesn't mean the highest.

if you are in the market for a new video card, a 9600GT is a good budget sorta card (i think its like $120AU here, dunno bout wherever you are). radeon 4850 is about $220 here, that's prob the best value at the moment...i wouldnt go any lower than a 9600, cos you would probably have trouble with it (prob have to run in lowest quality etc)

I just want to ask that both NVIDIA 8600 and ATI 3870 are recomended or just one of them can do the work.

urgent reply please.

That means those cards, and anything above those cards, will work fine.

Is it worth it springing the extra 30 dollars for an extra 512 MB? I would think it is.

512: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814125238

1GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814125236

Edited by Shortbus

My proposed barebone update.

As you already know i will move these components to a new barebone so i can run GTA 4 as best as i can without a quad core

RAIDMAX RX-450K 450W ATX12V Power Supply

LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black IDE GH22LP20

eVGA GeForce 9600GT KO 512MB PCI Express 2.0 x16

Maxtor IDE 6Y120PO master hard drive

Maxtor IDE 4R120LO slave hard drive

I will add those to this barebone

# DYNAPOWER TITAN-C2914 case

# ASUS M2N-SLI mobo (with 2 IDE ports)

# ATHLON X2 5400 2.8G - BRISBANE (65W)

# CRUCIAL 2GB DDR2 800 ram (1 stick)

I already spent 135+ dollars on the new psu, new card and the dvd-dl in October. Once i add the barebone next month, the computer GTA4tification will cost me roughly 400 bucks in 2 months. (roughly 450 when i buy the game). In the end it won't be a quad core, but for that amount GTA 4 will run fine on it and my current PC game Warhead will be great on a mainstream-gamer mix as opposed to minimum-mainstream mix on my current setup

My Ram and Processor are great, but im having doubts over my graphics card on my laptop...

Here is the GC info:

Card name: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_01F91028&REV_0C

Display Memory: 384.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: igxprd32.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4831 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 5/16/2007 18:14:40, 57344 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: igxpmp32.sys

Mini VDD Date: 5/16/2007 18:14:58, 5707744 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6942-11CF-4761-F321ADC2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x2A02

SubSys ID: 0x01F91028

Revision ID: 0x000C

Revision ID: 0x000C

Video Accel:

Deinterlace Caps: n/a

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Not Available

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Will it have any chance of working?

Thanks

My Ram and Processor are great, but im having doubts over my graphics card on my laptop...

Here is the GC info:

Card name: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Will it have any chance of working?

Thanks

Sorry no.

Also GTA IV's engine is RAGE but the physics and animations are done by Euphoria, and this is true on all three versions.

Hi, these are my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor 3800+ 2GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT

2GB RAM

Windows Vista 32 SP1

Currently I am able to play most games on high settings, but seeing as my system barely meets the minimum requirements I was wondering how I could make the biggest difference to my PC for the lowest price. I'm looking to spend no more than around £50-£60 (about $100 - $120 I think?) as money is a little tight for us at the moment.

I'm already planning on buying another GB of RAM.

My monitor's native resolution is 1600x1200 and I would like to play at this resolution if possible, even on low settings, but if necessary I wouldn't mind playing at 1280x1024.

Any help would be appreciated as I know you guys probably know way more about gaming hardware than myself.

Edited by Davesta