Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

I'm pretty sure i will be able to run gta on full, just wanted 2 kno whether i cud get sum decent fps (80+) on full reso

Core 2 Extreme QX6700 oc'd to 3.2 GHz

only 2 gig but its 32 bit xp (is there a need to upgrade?)

2x Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

also wanted 2 ask, will gta 4 be as customizable as previous gta's.

That questions been bugging me cos the aspect of there being real cars replacing the original ones makes me wanna cream myself :lolbounce:

Hey, I have a laptop...

C2D 2.53ghz

4gb ddr2 800mhz ram

320gb WD hdd

9600m GT graphics, 512mb dedicated ddr2 memory

Will this run GTA IV comfortably?

Cheers in advance.

That's a kick-ass laptop you've got there dude ;)

@Borring: CPU and GFX card aren't enough.

@Lethal Izzles: 80.. Well, I think so. I've got a single card and Bioshock runs well above 80 and I don't think GTA IV will be that much heavier, so yeah, I think it will.

@Carbon: It won't (:

@Cosbuster: At low? I think it can at that reso. I expect GTA IV to be RAM hungry though.

Edit: LETHAL IZZLES, YOU FOOL :P Powerful system, but just 2GB, come on dude. RAM is damned cheap, stick in another 2GB man. For Crysis it makes a difference, I think it will for GTA IV too, as lots has to be loaded (if you play at max). Though not that much difference as Warhead of course (which really uses A LOT of mem. Damn.)

Edit: LETHAL IZZLES, YOU FOOL :P Powerful system, but just 2GB, come on dude. RAM is damned cheap, stick in another 2GB man. For Crysis it makes a difference, I think it will for GTA IV too, as lots has to be loaded (if you play at max). Though not that much difference as Warhead of course (which really uses A LOT of mem. Damn.)

I didnt want to admit this but, its a dell >.< so ram costs alot cos they got their own gay ram but i did hear that cruical are selling same ddr except much cheaper. I can run crysis on high with 40 fps so i dont think it will be that bad but if i get any lag i'll get sum ram. Thanks for replying mate

you can upgrade dells. just need to find what pin count it takes and what kind it is. Mine is 240pin DDR2-667. Most popular is 667 and 800.

Go get a program called Everest, it'll tell you what kind of RAM you have, and as long as you have some free slots you can put some more RAM. For RAM I suggest Corsair, but it's not necessary. RAM is RAM.

Edited by Shortbus

Your going to need a processor around 5 ghz, 2 gb ram and a good ATI or Nvidia Graphics Card even i have to build a new machine in order to play GTA IV on pc

My Current Specs

Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 2.8 Ghz

Ati Radeon X800 Pro 256mb Agp

1024mb Kingston DDR 400 Ram

500 Gb Seagate SATA Hard Disk Drive

Asus SATA Lightscribe DVD Burner Disk Drive

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 7.1 Soundcard

Windows Xp Professional SP3

In that case you've spent a warehouse full of cash. Dell's XPS line (the high-end one with that SLI) was very expensive. They're pretty easy to upgrade though. It uses DDR2, I'm sure.

@Cosbuster: CPU is enough, card isn't though. RAM should be enough for XP.

Your going to need a processor around 5 ghz,

You mean like 2x 2,5GHz for a dual core, right? If you are talking about OC'ed C2D: shut up.

You won't be able to play it anyway.. You'll need a new mobo, new card, new CPU, new RAM. So upgrading isn't enough. And what do you mean with "even I"? 4 years ago, that was a good computer. 3 years ago it would have been ok. Not anymore dude..

Yes i did mean a dual core processor if it was me i would purchase a quad core and yeah i realise that my computer wont run grand theft auto iv thats why i am upgrading the machine to a top of the range gigabyte motherboard with best FSB available, ddr 2 ram, only just released pci express ATi Radeon HD 4870 X2 video card, and intel quad core processor which will be over 10 Ghz.

4 years ago, that was a good computer. 3 years ago it would have been ok. Not anymore dude..

Pentium 4s were never good.

intel quad core processor which will be over 10 Ghz.

While a quad core may be rated at 10GHz+ in applications which take advantage of it, many don't.

i am purchasing this machine so it will withstand the test of time as my last machine which was built 3 years ago (2005) is now severely outdated and when i originally built the system it was just about top of the line.

Sorry, it will not withstand the test of time no matter how good the components are. Technology is always advancing and even six months from now, those components will be outdated by something better and newer.

That's the downside to being an enthusiast; cost of upgrades.

Also if you built that in 2005 why did you get a Pentium 4 when there were much better processors?

Quad core is mainly better for post processing, which is why it works so well with crysis. But in some ways dual core is better and matched depending on wot applications your using. only rendering and encoding tasks exploit parallelism enough to overcome the 25% speed deficit between the dual and quad core CPUs. The rest i don't understand, its getting into computer mathematics/science. In fact my brains worn out from typing thsidfb fukignio bu;lllsidfht

So depending on whether your price conscience or not, it doesn't matter if your black or white :o i mean dual or quad

DON'T HYPE UP QUAD CORE (even tho I have it :lolbounce: )

Edited by Lethal Izzles

Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 2044MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (512 MB)

HDD: 2.5 TB

I'm confused about the Processor and Graphics Card. Cuz a few games (old or new) lag on my system :( Including Call of Duty 4 though it is smooth when details are turned down. But the full experience is much much better :)

Btw im New here so hello everyone :D

I have all Grand Theft Auto games on my computer and they all run smooth as on my machine on maxed settings just getting back to Lethals and Wrx's comments quad core processors are still fairly new and are yet to run the majority of games using the 4 processors and are only capable of running the 2 processors this is why you wont see a difference in gameplay. This being said in times to come the game developers will make games that run on all 4 processors which will out do any dual core processor on the market.