Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

I'm psychic. Just assumed that because your flag says that you live in Bahrain. Anyway, this is getting a little off-topic now. Back on the road we go!

EDIT: Heath Ledger was an awesome actor, and the Joker is an awesome villain. It's called The Dark Knight btw...

Then i must say that the undertaker is the best wrestler in sports and entertainment history, Undefeated at wrestlemania, 8 Times world Heavy weight champion, His entrance is best in wwe History... Hes Simply the best ! :rolleyes:

He's just lucky that he gets to play that part, it's all fake y'know.

And u think The Dark Knight is a Real Story or Real Movie? Movies are kinda DRAMAs like wwe Is.... Thats y we call it, World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT.... :lolbounce:

Back to topic...

My Laptop Specs:-

Hp Pavilion Dv9543cl

Intel Core 2 duo, 2.0 GHz Rated at 5.0GHz T7300 (2nd Level 4MB Cache Memory)

3 GB DDR2 RAM

320 GB Hard Disk

512 MB Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS with 727 Shared Memory

I Guess i can max out GTA 4 with no Problem....

Enjoy your imminent fail then.

Oh and guy with crappy laptop, BULL, or someone, didn't notice you had a Intel GMA gfx card - yeah you're gonna be lucky as hell to get it to run on that mate. You not got a PC you can play it on? Upgrading laptops is ftl.

BUGGER

I only just brought it.

GTA4 will have SM3 for sure.

What about me:

2.2ghz AMD Athlon 64 3500+

1.5GB RAM

ATI Radeon 9600 256MB(Gonna get Geforce 9600 when GTA4 comes out)

Windows XP Pro SP2

Not bad, but that 512MB is worthless. Buy another 512MB so it runs in dual-channel mode.

Grand Theft Auto IV Predicted PC System Requirements Released By gta4.tv Official GTA 4 TV Website:-

Predicted Minimum Specifications (NOT OFFICIAL)

These specifications are from the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. We believe Grand Theft Auto IV will have similar, if not slightly higher minimum system requirements.

* CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz or AMD® Athlon 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported

* RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)

* Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space

* Video card (generic): NVIDIA® Geforce 6600 or better or ATI® Radeon® 9800Pro or better

Predicted Recommended Specifications (NOT OFFICIAL)

These specifications are from the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. We believe Grand Theft Auto IV will have similar, if not slightly higher recommended system requirements.

* CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better is recommended

* RAM: 1GB for XP; 2GB for Vista is recommended

* Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space

* Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

Source:- http://www.gta4.tv/page/38/pc-version-spec...tions&vo=17

:thumbsup: This Information Should come in the front page of Thegtaplace.com, Very useful Information :coolthumbup:

Yes, I'll ask Chris. I'm sure he'll agree.

How about my PC:

CPU-Quadcore Intel core 2 quad Q6600 2400 MHz

GPU-ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB

Memory- 2 GB DDR2-800 DDRS SDRAM

OS-Winodws XP Professional

And tell me please if it can run the game on "high".

Thanks.

Yeah, it'll definitely run on high. GTA IV definitely won't require a quad-core but I'm guessing it will be optimized to work with dual cores and single cores so you'll only need to use one or two cores of your CPU.

Edited by GTA Don

Yeah, it'll definitely run on high. GTA IV definitely won't require a quad-core but I'm guessingy be optimized to work with dual cores and single cores so you'll only need to use one or two cores of your CPU.

Don't be so sure. The Xbox 360 has three cores and the PS3 seven, but how many of those cores the game used is unknown to me. But the possibility is there.

Yeah, it'll definitely run on high. GTA IV definitely won't require a quad-core but I'm guessingy be optimized to work with dual cores and single cores so you'll only need to use one or two cores of your CPU.

Don't be so sure. The Xbox 360 has three cores and the PS3 seven, but how many of those cores the game used is unknown to me. But the possibility is there.

Even if the game isn't optomized for quad core, you can force only the game to run on 2 cores. IE GTA4 on Cores 0 and 1 and OS/Applications on 2,3. That would give a slight increase.

But like most games, the CPU probably won't be the bottleneck area.

Yes, but if you've played the PS3 or 360 versions of GTA IV, you'll have noticed that Liberty City is a living, breathing city. There's a new game engine, new physics engine, ped AI is much different now. And anyway, R* would never copy another games requirements.

Edited by GTA Don

HP Pavilion dv9543cl

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz Rated at 5.0GHz T7300 (2nd Level 4MB Cache Memory)

Windows Vista Home premium 32bit (will upgrade to 64bit before the release of GTA 4)

3GB DDR2 RAM (will upgrade to 4GB before the release of GTA 4)

320 GB Hard disk

512 MB Dedicated Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS + 727 MB Shared graphics Memory ( Shader Model 4.0 and DX 10 Supportable )

Realtek HD Audio Sound

GTA 4 will work in my laptop? Low ? Medium or High Details?

For the last time! No, we're not posting GTA4.tv's specs on the front page. They aren't official. They are taken from CoD4. Besides, ours seem more realistic.

This is GTA 4, Not Crysis LOL !

I would really love to see Crysis running on a rig with this spec on high settings without a drop in fps.

Windows 2000/XP/Vista

Intel Core2Duo E4600 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

1GB of RAM (Windows 2000/XP)/2GB of RAM (Windows Vista)

nVidia 8xxx series/ATi 28xx/38xx series

When you're including your specs, it's also very relevant what screen resolution you're running.

A game might run on high at 800x600, but have to take a massive drop in visuals to run at 1280x1024. When anyone says 'at high settings' it's useless unless they say what resolution they are at. If you run on the wrong resolution for your screen, chances are the game will look shit anyway.

@ evo... you probably could run that...if the 8xxx was an 8800 GTX or something... and if you were at 1280x1024. I got that out of my system, but when i went up to 1680x1050, i had to drop it down to just high.

This is my pc configuration

Pentium Dual core 3.0GHz processor

1GB ram , im running vista

gfx: intel®82945g express chipset with 256mb of graphics memory

screen resolution 1280x1024

i dont think ill be able to upgrade it soon either. so ill be contented if i can play gta4 on my pc atleast in the low gfx mode.

Edited by aru11f11

This is my pc configuration

Pentium Dual core 3.0GHz processor

1GB ram , im running vista

gfx: intel®82945g express chipset with 256mb of graphics memory

screen resolution 1280x1024

i dont think ill be able to upgrade it soon either. so ill be contented if i can play gta4 on my pc atleast in the low gfx mode.

I don't think you can run GTA IV on an internal/built-in graphics chipset such as the Intel GMA, especially if you are using Windows Vista, which uses more resources than XP. I think an Nvidia 8600 or 7300 will do, well, at least if you set the graphics to low or medium.

Nvidia 7300

lol

General rule of thumb with nVidia cards. In 4-number series cards, if the second number is below 6, the card sucks and should never be used for gaming ever.

Same thing with ATi, although it's generally the second number being below 8 that denotes failure.

If your graphics card is integrated/Intel, I doubt you'll be able to play at all. I've said it before: if you can't play San Andreas maxed out (Very High visual FX), at 1280x1024 and get a constant framerate (usually 25 if V-Sync is off and frame limiter is on) then good luck playing GTA IV.

Nvidia 7300

lol

General rule of thumb with nVidia cards. In 4-number series cards, if the second number is below 6, the card sucks and should never be used for gaming ever.

Same thing with ATi, although it's generally the second number being below 8 that denotes failure.

If your graphics card is integrated/Intel, I doubt you'll be able to play at all. I've said it before: if you can't play San Andreas maxed out (Very High visual FX), at 1280x1024 and get a constant framerate (usually 25 if V-Sync is off and frame limiter is on) then good luck playing GTA IV.

That's why I should have bought an 8600 when me and my dad shopped for a PC...

I use an ATI Radeon X1300 Pro, works fantasticly for games such as HL2: Ep2. I get framerate issues when all settings are maxed out(but everything looks quite pretty.), herein lies the problem with not enough RAM and my slightly-below-average AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor.

Edited by Shortbus