GTA IV PC release confirmed!

rockstarrem

I just want to know whether my laptop can play GTA 4 on medium details or not, so far i have played the following games on my laptop:-

Call Of Duty 2 ( highest detail )

Call Of Duty 4 ( highest detail )

LOST Via Domus ( high detail )

The Sims 2 ( highest detail )

Gears of War ( high detail )

Crysis ( High detail only shadow on medium detail )

Assassin's Creed (highest detail only shadow on high detail )

World In Conflict ( high detail )

Mass Effect ( high detail )

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars ( highest detail )

Specs of my laptop are as follows:-

Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz T7300

Windows Vista Home premium 32-Bit

3 GB DDR2 RAM

320 GB Hard disk

256 MB Dedicated + 767 MB Shared Graphics = Total 1023 MB of Graphics ( Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS with pixel and vertex shader = 4.0 and DirectX 10 playable )

Realtek HD Audio Sound

Please tell me if i can play GTA 4 on Very low, Low, Medium or High Detail, or i cant play GTA 4 on these specs? lol Thanx :coolthumbup:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol guys the 8800 GT for $150!?!. I would so own that card by now, unfortunately where I live is $250-$300 ( overclocked ) , and these are the lowest prices, went to other stores, in there it's almost $400.

When do you guys think R* will release the official system requirements? It should happen before the release of the game right? We must know ASAP.

Edited by Gycu X

How many people said it wouldn't come to PC? Hurr...

Also since it's coming on Steam it will be easily accessible, but hopefully we can pre-load content like Valve does. It's also looking to be released around the same time Saints Row 2 is for all three platforms (though I think they are bluffing about the PC version), so it's going to be another good year for games.

I asked this question to R* when I was in New York (about IV being released on Steam). I may have mentioned this in the TGTAP feature article but I'm not sure so I'll say it again here.

The response I got was along the lines of "well I'm not sure, but seeing as how we've got the whole series now on Steam it's likely we will release GTA IV that way too".

Only thing is we have no idea if they'll immediately release it this way or perhaps wait a couple of weeks/months? Wouldn't have thought they would because there's no point - just a possibility I suppose.

@Gycu: They're usually "leaked" out. SA was anyway because we were the first site to get hold of them (yay first for once!) and they turned out to be legit. I'll have a quick look to see when that was in relation to the release date.

EDIT: Whenever websites receive preview copies of the game. Which I'm guessing is gonna be in the next couple of months...

Am I the only who doesn't really adore Steam?

I love Steam because I don't need to insert the CD, but on the other hand I just like having the box of the game on the shelf. Somehow..

Other then that, it sometimes just won't start up my game. I'll be waiting and waiting and waiting.. but nothing will hapen. That's like once every 5 times, which is just to often actually. Though it's better now then it used to be, it still has quite some problems here and there.

Yeah, i find it won't start a few of my games, but as a way to chat ingame, and buy exclusive games, you couldn't ask for more.

I'll undoubtedly buy it off the shelf, going in on Tuesday to pre-order, and my Bro's picking it up come November.

My DL speed is shit inconsistent, so by the time it's DL'd, i could have made my way to the store and back, with solely the use of wind power.

Steam is convenient, but it's a steaming pile of shit usually(Shitty steam overlay, myspace Jr. community, lots of account stealers). If GTA4 is available on steam, I'd get it on steam.

steammessagepw.JPG

HURR DURR

Also the overlay and community are both optional, you can disable the overlay and turn off friends if you don't like it.

Oh and since it's also going to be using Games for Windows Live you can use your Xbox Live Gold account with it which potentially means the downloadable content will be on PC as well. (It is a Microsoft platform as well, after all)

Am I the only who doesn't really adore Steam?

I love Steam because I don't need to insert the CD, but on the other hand I just like having the box of the game on the shelf. Somehow..

Other then that, it sometimes just won't start up my game. I'll be waiting and waiting and waiting.. but nothing will hapen. That's like once every 5 times, which is just to often actually. Though it's better now then it used to be, it still has quite some problems here and there.

Exactly! Steam is very convienent but I just love having a box case. Same goes with music on my iPod, I need to see the album cover when I play my iPod. A.K.A. I buy off of iTunes.

I'm not retarded (However retarded my name implies! :D ) enough to lose my account, but thousands of people are.

I like friends, but I liked the old friend's list much better. All it was, was when you're in a game, press escape, and click the "Freinds" button. Steam has done the same thing with the overlay, just made it a hell of a lot laggier. Is there a way to turn the overlay off and use the old friend's list? I can't seem to find a setting to do so.

Edited by Shortbus

I am planning to buy a pc for gta IV

Processor: Intel C2D 8500 (3.16 GHz)

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q PRO

RAM: Transcend 4GB DDR2(800MHZ)

HDD : Seagate 500 GB

GFX Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

Monitor : Viewsonic 19"

Speakers : Altec Lansing 5.1

Is this configuration enough to run GTA IV at highest settings?

Yeah of course you can. I would also recommend Corsair for RAM but it's not necessary.

Would all of you wondering whether or not your PC will run GTA IV well please now use this dedicated topic as it would be a lot more sensible to keep it all in one place. Thanks.

You can continue normal discussion of the PC announcement here of course ;)

Grand Theft Auto IV Predicted PC System Requirements Released By gta4.tv Official GTA 4 TV Website:-

Predicted Minimum Specifications (NOT OFFICIAL)

These specifications are from the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. We believe Grand Theft Auto IV will have similar, if not slightly higher minimum system requirements.

* CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz or AMD® Athlon 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported

* RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)

* Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space

* Video card (generic): NVIDIA® Geforce 6600 or better or ATI® Radeon® 9800Pro or better

Predicted Recommended Specifications (NOT OFFICIAL)

These specifications are from the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. We believe Grand Theft Auto IV will have similar, if not slightly higher recommended system requirements.

* CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better is recommended

* RAM: 1GB for XP; 2GB for Vista is recommended

* Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space

* Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

Source:- http://www.gta4.tv/page/38/pc-version-spec...tions&vo=17

:thumbsup: This Information Should come in the front page of Thegtaplace.com, Very useful Information :coolthumbup: