GTA IV PC release confirmed!

rockstarrem

Take 2 announced through a press release today that GTA IV will indeed be released on the PC, arriving on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively.

"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

Stay tuned to The GTA Place for the latest GTA IV news!

Link: T2 Press Release

Related note: Wondering whether or not your PC will be able to run GTA IV? We've now set up a dedicated topic for asking those sort of questions. Post there to get advice from our PC experts and find out if you need to upgrade.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take 2 announced through their email newsletter that GTA IV will indeed be released on the PC. No release date is currently set. Here is a quote from Sam Houser:
"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

The only new "feature" we know of right now is that the PC version will have expanded multiplayer, which is pretty exciting in my opinion. Stay tuned to The GTA Place for the latest GTA IV news!

WOOT!

Okay, I'm upgrading my PC faster.

I probably won't be buying a PC version however, if I get a new computer (All my games run on the laptop) I may get it but I'm not sure right now. All my computers/laptops are too crap to run this game probably.

If the controlls are difficult, I don't recommend you to play in a laptop.

I probably won't be buying a PC version however, if I get a new computer (All my games run on the laptop) I may get it but I'm not sure right now. All my computers/laptops are too crap to run this game probably.

If the controlls are difficult, I don't recommend you to play in a laptop.

I just attached a new keyboard onto the Lappy, controls are no problem for me and besides Laptop keyboards are usually smaller than the normal ones that you buy at shops. I am used to smaller keyboards with small keys.

Just buy an adapter for your old PS2 controller. PS2 controllers are the best for playing GTA games on the PC. Been using it to play them since GTA3 :)

PC parts manufacturers are gonna love this news though. Think of all the people who must be upgrading their computers now. Everyone wanting Vista and a new graphics card so they can see the benefits of DX10. Everyone getting more RAM.

Glad I upgraded last year, will almost certainly pay off. 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, 8800GTS 320MB, I can't wait for this. Will be pre-ordering as soon as it's available online somewhere :awesome:

My birthday is on the 2nd (November) so I'm getting a new PC for mine.

CASE: Sigma Gaming Orca Case

CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™ X2 6400+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

RAM: Corsair 2GB (2x1GB)

GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB 16X PCI Express

Hard Drive: 320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Optical Drive: SONY DUAL FORMAT 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Hopefully... this will be able to run it on full.

Just buy an adapter for your old PS2 controller. PS2 controllers are the best for playing GTA games on the PC. Been using it to play them since GTA3 :)

PC parts manufacturers are gonna love this news though. Think of all the people who must be upgrading their computers now. Everyone wanting Vista and a new graphics card so they can see the benefits of DX10. Everyone getting more RAM.

Glad I upgraded last year, will almost certainly pay off. 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, 8800GTS 320MB, I can't wait for this. Will be pre-ordering as soon as it's available online somewhere :awesome:

Was just talking to Evo about the same thing on MSN. It's so much easier.