another idiot making GTA IV blamed

UK, August 4, 2008 - The distribution of Grand Theft Auto IV in Thailand could be halted following the confession of a teenager who claimed he robbed and murdered a taxi driver while trying to recreate a scene from the game. According to Reuters, Thai game distributor New Era Interactive Media has requested that shops pull the game from their shelves following the incident, with the company offering to replace it with other games should they co-operate.

An 18-year-old high school student is in custody after Thai police arrested him on Saturday night when he was found driving a taxi backwards down a Bangkok street with the wounded cab driver in the backseat. If the teenager is found guilty of robbing and murdering the 54-year-old cabbie he faces death by lethal injection.

The youth, who has been described as an obsessive player of Grand Theft Auto, apparently confessed to the crime as a result of playing the game, with chief police investigator Veeravit Pipattanasak adding: "He said he wanted to find out if it was as easy in real life to rob a taxi as it was in the game." However, according to newspaper reports the suspect admitted he didn't mean to kill the driver, but stabbed him to death when he fought back.

Whether the ban of the game will be enforced across the whole of Thailand remains to be seen. Meanwhile, Rockstar declined to comment on either the ban or the murder.

source: IGN

i think this news says it all, i think GTA shouldn't be banned for kids, it should be banned for psychos. after all this is an 18-year old, like they say 18 year-old are old enough to think and make the right choices, yeah right. i think the right thing to do is if we want to buy GTA we should get a pshyciatrist note first. <_<

Edited by Denny Crane!

UK, August 4, 2008 - The distribution of Grand Theft Auto IV in Thailand could be halted following the confession of a teenager who claimed he robbed and murdered a taxi driver while trying to recreate a scene from the game. According to Reuters, Thai game distributor New Era Interactive Media has requested that shops pull the game from their shelves following the incident, with the company offering to replace it with other games should they co-operate.

An 18-year-old high school student is in custody after Thai police arrested him on Saturday night when he was found driving a taxi backwards down a Bangkok street with the wounded cab driver in the backseat. If the teenager is found guilty of robbing and murdering the 54-year-old cabbie he faces death by lethal injection.

The youth, who has been described as an obsessive player of Grand Theft Auto, apparently confessed to the crime as a result of playing the game, with chief police investigator Veeravit Pipattanasak adding: "He said he wanted to find out if it was as easy in real life to rob a taxi as it was in the game." However, according to newspaper reports the suspect admitted he didn't mean to kill the driver, but stabbed him to death when he fought back.

Whether the ban of the game will be enforced across the whole of Thailand remains to be seen. Meanwhile, Rockstar declined to comment on either the ban or the murder.

i think this news says it all, i think GTA shouldn't be banned for kids, it should be banned for psychos. after all this is an 18-year old, like they say 18 year-old are old enough to think and make the right choices, yeah right. i think the right thing to do is if we want to buy GTA we should get a pshyciatrist note first. <_<

you think everyone who wants to play GTA is gunna go and getting afucking note from their psychatrist?

erm... excuse my insolence but... FUCK OFF! that is ridiculous besides the fact that it is a big waste of time for the psychiatrist!

anyway....

i can't wait for a reaction from JT >.< he's gunna have a field day with this i can tell...

I think he was useing gta4 as an excuse because your not gonna go to the airport and jack a plane and when they catch you, oh i was just seeing as if it was as easy as san andreas. i think he wanted to jack a cab and thought he would use the game as an excuse.

just my 2p

you think everyone who wants to play GTA is gunna go and getting afucking note from their psychatrist?

erm... excuse my insolence but... FUCK OFF! that is ridiculous besides the fact that it is a big waste of time for the psychiatrist!

anyway....

i can't wait for a reaction from JT >.< he's gunna have a field day with this i can tell...

what?? i don't mean to make it sounds literally, it's just to express my dissapointment to some of GTA-mad fans that's gone mad, that's all

besides do you think the goverment would really do that?

this thailand kid is so f*cked up, stealing a cab out of curiosity. even though JT's not a lawyer anymore i know there must be someone, new JT that love to sue R* ass up.

besides on the box of the game it says that its "Violent" "Bad language" "drugs" and that you have to be 18+ to buy it...

so if you cant handle that or the ppl next to you dont think you can, then you should'nt buy the game

i mean honestly what total retard does something because it looks cool in a game...

Edited by frontier

GTA IV sold over three point six million copies. Open day. It sold six fucking million copies in it's first week. Idk how many people have killed people or done crimes and said they did it because of GTA, but I'd be surprised if more than a dozen or two people did.

How in hell does it mean the game is the culprit when SO many people play it and don't get negative affects from it. Almost 100% of my mind says these people that say they did because of GTA had a bad childhood, or are mentally unstable in some way.

Edited by Nate14

GTA IV sold over three point six million copies. Open day. It sold six fucking million copies in it's first week. Idk how many people have killed people or done crimes and said they did it because of GTA, but I'd be surprised if more than a dozen or two people did.

How in hell does it mean the game is the culprit when SO many people play it and don't get negative affects from it. Almost 100% of my mind says these people that say they did because of GTA had a bad childhood, or are mentally unstable in some way.

true..

im 13 , my parrents buyed for meh the game and im not getting psycho or a idiot lol so that guy was alreally mentally lol

lol at him :D

however he is right in something, just because you'r a cuple of years under the legal range does'nt it mean you become a psycho

and besides now that it has been anounced to pc we're probably gonna hear alot more of these things...

Agreed. Even a mentally stable kid can play such games, as long as he knows what he's playing and is responsible for it. Why can't Mr. Thompson and his mates blame the makers of some cartoon shows instead? They have violent scenes, too, right? Go blame MGM for Tom & Jerry's comic mischief instead! And Popeye, too, since that spinach-addicted guy's beating up Bluto...

I guess R* should put up a public service advisory of some sort, ala-Need For Speed, or at least something similar to what the wrestlers say to kids who are about to mimic their moves.

Edited by Huckleberry Pie