• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

Unless you're willing to take a stratified sample, taking into regards the GENERAL popularity of gaming as it transitioned from 2 to 3 dimensions, then your point about how many people play, and how often is ridiculous.

I do have respect for you, very much so, i just think you're completely disrespecting the 2D games that completely changed the whole industry of gaming.

Okay, so, What do you think is better, GTA 2 or 3?
Don't say GTA 2 "because it's a classic".

What if that's my opinion?

What do you like best? Having your balls twisted off, or kept on?
Don't say 'having them kept on, because then I'd have balls'

:)

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#22 will99

will99

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

Is GTA popular for being in a 2D top-down view? No, they're popular for being in 3D and etc. I don't blame you though, many others thought it would be in 2D after hearing it would be on the DS.

I fucking love bitches who say this. I lol in your face. If the 2D versions were not popular, we wouldn't have:

III
VC
SA
LCS
VCS
IV,
or CTW.

So, take your naivety and shove it. Honestly. Have some respect for the retro and stop whoring out graphics over gameplay. The end.

But yeah, it'll be only ad-hoc, i think, like LCS and VCS were.

Well, "Notyouhaha" has a point, but so do you. :) The woman did say "A new custom game engine, new characters", but in my opinion, there is no point having new characters (that are important in the GTA story) if it's just a picture of a guys head with subtitles (Like in GTA Advance). That is my opinion. I have a few 3D GBA games that have a 3D engine with a large scope and map. Maybe if they push the DS a bit more, maybe they could have a good 3D GTA game. That is my opinion of what I think about GTA CW being 3D and why I think it should. But if it is 2D, I won't care, it is still a new GTA game and that is what matters. :)
Check out http://www.thegtazone.co.uk and my stunting crew "XSC".

Posted Image

#23 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

That is my opinion of what I think about GTA CW being 3D and why I think it should. But if it is 2D, I won't care, it is still a new GTA game and that is what matters. :)

i am sorry you have basically described the premise on how EA make games. :o OMGZ WE MUST MAKE A NEW GAME WE HAVEN'T HAD ONE FOR A WHOLE FUCKING WEEK! it's all very well and good making a new game but if it is shite then it's better to not have made it at all. taking my EA example:
the need for speed series; they peaked at most wanted which was quite frankly an awesome game, then they brought out carbon which was good but paled in comparison to it's predescessor, then they brought out pro street which i am sorry i could have made a beter game out of my own jizz.

Edited by gta player #69, 03 August 2008 - 06:12 PM.

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#24 will99

will99

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

That is my opinion of what I think about GTA CW being 3D and why I think it should. But if it is 2D, I won't care, it is still a new GTA game and that is what matters. :)

i am sorry you have basically described the premise on how EA make games. :o OMGZ WE MUST MAKE A NEW GAME WE HAVEN'T HAD ONE FOR A WHOLE FUCKING WEEK! it's all very well and good making a new game but if it is shite then it's better to not have made it at all. taking my EA example:
the need for speed series; they peaked at most wanted which was quite frankly an awesome game, then they brought out carbon which was good but paled in comparison to it's predescessor, then they brought out pro street which i am sorry i could have made a beter game out of my own jizz.

Ok, sorry. :mellow: I was just in the moment. I've just always wanted a "good" DS game. And the fect it's GTA, makes me want it even more. That is what I am trying to say...but I went a bit over the top.
Check out http://www.thegtazone.co.uk and my stunting crew "XSC".

Posted Image

#25 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

Ok, sorry. :mellow: I was just in the moment. I've just always wanted a "good" DS game. And the fect it's GTA, makes me want it even more. That is what I am trying to say...but I went a bit over the top.

you know what mate? don't worry about it, i was on a bit of a rampage that day... but yeah the point still stands i didn't mean to ram it down your throught though... sorry dude...

i know how you feel i want a new decent psp game :( as good as they are LCS and VCS get a bit boring after a while...

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#26 MK47

MK47

lolwut.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

I think that it will have a radar and the HUD on the bottom screen, and 3D gameplay on the top, and you touch the radar to move. This could be possible too, seeing as its only one small area to explore :D

Also I think online play will be available (yes I saw the WiFi logo too), and they wouldn't have it there if it wasn't to be used.

As an owner of the DS, I can't wait for it's release! :)

Posted Image

#27 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:30 AM

I think that it will have a radar and the HUD on the bottom screen, and 3D gameplay on the top, and you touch the radar to move. This could be possible too, seeing as its only one small area to explore :D

Also I think online play will be available (yes I saw the WiFi logo too), and they wouldn't have it there if it wasn't to be used.

Why would they need online play to use the WiFi? Does NO ONE think of simple ad-hoc multiplayer anymore?

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#28 MK47

MK47

lolwut.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:58 AM

Why would they need online play to use the WiFi? Does NO ONE think of simple ad-hoc multiplayer anymore?

Uhh..lemme check....

Nope.

Posted Image

#29 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

Non-online multiplayer is probably what you'll get. Only one GTA has online gameplay, and it's on the home-consoles.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#30 dam997

dam997

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:12 AM

what if the game does have WI-Fi... it would be nice to play with other people, but alot of people dont have internet. than it would be pointless to have a Wi-Fi game if you cant get on the internet and play with other people. than people would get board and not play the game. than the people will tell there friends, and less and less people will buy the game. that will lead to a loss in money. than Rockstar will need to tell people that the game is better than it looks. i have a DS, and i dont like the graphics in the games. How will the new gta game impress me?? if you can anwser that i will be happy...

#31 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

Alot of people don't have internet... what? Do you know how many people play online on the DS? Loads. Would be cool to have some game modes similar to the PSP versions which we could play online with people.

Nothing to see here, move along

#32 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:13 AM

Alot of people don't have internet... what? Do you know how many people play online on the DS? Loads. Would be cool to have some game modes similar to the PSP versions which we could play online with people.

Agreed. Also something involving lots of the touchscreen.

#33 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:05 AM

what if the game does have WI-Fi... it would be nice to play with other people, but alot of people dont have internet. than it would be pointless to have a Wi-Fi game if you cant get on the internet and play with other people. than people would get board and not play the game. than the people will tell there friends, and less and less people will buy the game. that will lead to a loss in money. than Rockstar will need to tell people that the game is better than it looks. i have a DS, and i dont like the graphics in the games. How will the new gta game impress me?? if you can anwser that i will be happy...

PEOPLE.... WI-FI DOES NOT MEAN INTERNET OR ONLINE PLAY. IT MEANS WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY. ARE YOU GUYS LISTENING? WI-FI IS JUST WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY.

Posted Image

lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users