GTA Chinatown Wars to have online?

Ivan

gta-chinatown-online.jpg

"If you mosey on down to the GTA: Chinatown Wars official site you’ll notice that a Nintendo Wi-Fi connection logo is proudly displayed at the bottom of the page. Exciting no? No, it isn’t, but let’s have a closer look anyway.

Wi-fi? WTF?

We already know that GTA: Chinatown Wars features touch screen controls, a new graphics engine and a winter release date, but online play has never been mentioned.

When I first saw the Wi-Fi Connection logo, I didn’t think that was hard enough evidence, but after checking out a single player DS game, in this case Sonic Chronicles - The Dark Brotherhood, I noticed that there was no Nintendo WFC logo displayed on the site, which, for me, is solid enough evidence.

So if Chinatown Wars does have online, will it be any good? Since we don’t even know whether the game is 2D or 3D, it’s pretty hard to tell, but judging from GTA IV’s online which, other than Free mode is frankly terrible, past online DS games and Nintendo’s Friend Code system, I’m gonna go with a resounding ‘no’."

Source and Kim Andre too

Anyway, so do you think it will have an online feature? If so what would you like to see in it? Discuss :D

Dude.... I doubt it will have online play. It's probably just a multi-player game. Like the past two handheld GTAs. Judging from two previous portable GTAs with wifi connectivity and multiplayer, but no online play, I'd say that's probably the case.

Besides, when I first heard about it, that's just what I automatically assumed. That it was a multiplayer game.

Dude.... I doubt it will have online play. It's probably just a multi-player game. Like the past two handheld GTAs. Judging from two previous portable GTAs with wifi connectivity and multiplayer, but no online play, I'd say that's probably the case.

Besides, when I first heard about it, that's just what I automatically assumed. That it was a multiplayer game.

what so you think the game will be purely multiplayer and have no storyline conetent at all?

what so you think the game will be purely multiplayer and have no storyline conetent at all?

No, he's talking about what the logo means, just that, I think.

Edited by IVAN ALEXANDROV

No, I just assumed for some reason it would be a heavy multi-player game.

Online GTA on a DS in the palm of your hand? OMG! But I have a question, do you automatically get Wi Fi with any DS Lite?

I'm pretty sure ALL DS's have WiFi support? Correct me if not. And don't cream yourself just yet, because there is no word at all about online play.

No, I just assumed for some reason it would be a heavy multi-player game.

Online GTA on a DS in the palm of your hand? OMG! But I have a question, do you automatically get Wi Fi with any DS Lite?

I'm pretty sure ALL DS's have WiFi support? Correct me if not. And don't cream yourself just yet, because there is no word at all about online play.

Ok, but if there is online, wont it suck if it is 2D? lol, Online needs to be 3D to get the most fun out of it.

Ok, but if there is online, wont it suck if it is 2D? lol, Online needs to be 3D to get the most fun out of it.

The appeal of DS extends to the core as well. I can announce today, that a custom version of Grand Theft Auto called Chinatown Wars arrives on DS this winter. Set in a modern-day Liberty City, the game features a custom game engine, new characters, and the same gameplay GTA fans have come to expect.

Is GTA popular for being in a 2D top-down view? No, they're popular for being in 3D and etc. I don't blame you though, many others thought it would be in 2D after hearing it would be on the DS.

Is GTA popular for being in a 2D top-down view? No, they're popular for being in 3D and etc. I don't blame you though, many others thought it would be in 2D after hearing it would be on the DS.

I fucking love bitches who say this. I lol in your face. If the 2D versions were not popular, we wouldn't have:

III

VC

SA

LCS

VCS

IV,

or CTW.

So, take your naivety and shove it. Honestly. Have some respect for the retro and stop whoring out graphics over gameplay. The end.

But yeah, it'll be only ad-hoc, i think, like LCS and VCS were.

I fucking love bitches who say this. I lol in your face. If the 2D versions were not popular, we wouldn't have:

III

VC

SA

LCS

VCS

IV,

or CTW.

So, take your naivety and shove it. Honestly. Have some respect for the retro and stop whoring out graphics over gameplay. The end.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, but overall, many gamers just don't like the 2D top-down view as much as 3D. Grand Theft Auto 1 & 2 didn't get as much attention as Grand Theft Auto 3 did.

Just look at review averages.

Grand Theft Auto 2

Grand Theft Auto III

Also, look at the increased amount of reviews, FAQs, etc. That means there were probably more people who bought Grand Theft Auto III over Grand Theft Auto 2.

Grand Theft Auto 1, 2 and Advance just weren't AS POPULAR as the other GTAs. I feel that GTA fans don't expect the 2D top-down gameplay is the gameplay they meant in the announcement.

And please, have some respect for me, I'm just another user.

And when did I EVEN MENTION GRAPHICS?

Edited by NotYouHaha

III

VC

SA

LCS

VCS

IV,

or CTW.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, but overall, many gamers just don't like the 2D top-down view as much as 3D. Grand Theft Auto 1 & 2 didn't get as much attention as Grand Theft Auto 3 did.

Grand Theft Auto 2

Grand Theft Auto III

Also, look at the increased amount of reviews, FAQs, etc. That means there were probably more people who bought Grand Theft Auto III over Grand Theft Auto 2.

Grand Theft Auto 1, 2 and Advance just weren't AS POPULAR as the other GTAs. I feel that GTA fans don't expect the 2D top-down gameplay is the gameplay they meant in the announcement.

firstly do not take all gamers to have the same view as yourself, everyone has their own opinion...

secondly, they weren't as popular because the modern game magazines give games with good prequels excellent reviews straight up, they jump on the band wagon because it is what the reader wants to hear and therefore they will buy the magazine/go to the website and give them credit for the review

thirdly, the top down view games were GRAPHICALLY poor, although very cool, the newer games have more lifelike graphics which for many gamers is part fo the appeal, personally i am not saying your a graphics whore YET but that could very well be part of the reason for you not liking the originals so much...

fourthly, in what way did MLL disrespect you? he simply put huis point of view across, to be honest you not alwoing him to do that is disrespecting him, and if you disrespect the mods you get pwned

finally, if it was top down i might have bought a DS just to play CTW, it would remind of playing the originals and bring back good memories, and it would have been a clever thing for R* to do

Edited by gta player #69

III

VC

SA

LCS

VCS

IV,

or CTW.

Grand Theft Auto 2

Grand Theft Auto III

firstly do not take all gamers to have the same view as yourself, everyone has their own opinion...

secondly, they weren't as popular because the modern game magazines give games with good prequels excellent reviews straight up, they jump on the band wagon because it is what the reader wants to hear and therefore they will buy the magazine/go to the website and give them credit for the review

thirdly, the top down view games were GRAPHICALLY poor, although very cool, the newer games have more lifelike graphics which for many gamers is part fo the appeal, personally i am not saying your a graphics whore YET but that could very well be part of the reason for you not liking the originals so much...

finally, if it was top down i might have bought a DS just to play CTW, it would remind of playing the originals and bring back good memories, and it would have been a clever thing for R* to do

"I feel that GTA fans don't expect the 2D top-down gameplay is the gameplay they meant in the announcement."

"Grand Theft Auto 1 & 2 didn't get as much attention as Grand Theft Auto 3 did. "

Read this?

That's a theory. That's biased. You're saying magazines give games with good prequels untruthful results, just so the reader will like the review/magazine. So this theory doesn't apply to GTA 1, 2, or 3?

Okay, so, What do you think is better, GTA 2 or 3?

Don't say GTA 2 "because it's a classic".

What do the majority of gamers love more?

Just look at our Who still plays these? topic. Many users say that they don't play them often. Well, you'll see people are saying "RESPECT THEM, THEY STARTED GTA!". Well, the majority of gamers prefer 3D GTAs and THEIR GAMEPLAY.

And that's why I think Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars will be in 3D, since:

The appeal of DS extends to the core as well. I can announce today, that a custom version of Grand Theft Auto called Chinatown Wars arrives on DS this winter. Set in a modern-day Liberty City, the game features a custom game engine, new characters, and the same gameplay GTA fans have come to expect.

So honestly, I got some questions for you guys.

What do you play more often? 2D GTAs or 3D GTAs?

Which gameplay do you prefer? 2D GTA gameplay or 3D GTA gameplay?

And if you say you like 2D GTAs better, as well the majority of GTA players, you're saying Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be in 2D because of this (stupid statement I keep referring to): "Set in a modern-day Liberty City, the game features the same gameplay GTA fans have come to expect."

And please stop saying that I'm a graphics whore. I'm trying to prove a stupid point.

Edited by NotYouHaha

look i aint up for a full blown arguement tonight i am knackered, bottom line, classics were awesome am not saying the new ones aren't, hell IV is my favourite, but i am just saying don't base the opinion of the masses on your own, it may be true but it may not.

and about the magazines... they want more sales, so they will write stuff to make the reader buy ther magazine, they profess their own opinion, which could be the most fucked up opinion on the face of the planet, don't base a game on it's review anywhere, base it on your own experience of whether you like it or not.

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of arguing. It took me quite some time to write that post.

Well, this whole argument started when I said they aren't as popular.

I'm going to try to just prove my point and you guys can say whatever you want.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is going to be on whatever gameplay the Grand Theft Auto series is famous for.

I'm not going to argue if this is 2D or 3D, but this topic is supposed to be about WI-FI.

It probably isn't going to be 2D, and there was NO announcement AT ALL for online play. Don't expect online play.

And view doesn't exactly = gameplay.

.... Oh... And just for your information, GTA 2 had 3D models in it. The whole map, if I'm not mistaken, was 3d modeled. I think it was only the characters and vehicles that were 2D.

Unless you're willing to take a stratified sample, taking into regards the GENERAL popularity of gaming as it transitioned from 2 to 3 dimensions, then your point about how many people play, and how often is ridiculous.

I do have respect for you, very much so, i just think you're completely disrespecting the 2D games that completely changed the whole industry of gaming.

Okay, so, What do you think is better, GTA 2 or 3?

Don't say GTA 2 "because it's a classic".

What if that's my opinion?

What do you like best? Having your balls twisted off, or kept on?

Don't say 'having them kept on, because then I'd have balls'

:)

III

VC

SA

LCS

VCS

IV,

or CTW.

Well, "Notyouhaha" has a point, but so do you. :) The woman did say "A new custom game engine, new characters", but in my opinion, there is no point having new characters (that are important in the GTA story) if it's just a picture of a guys head with subtitles (Like in GTA Advance). That is my opinion. I have a few 3D GBA games that have a 3D engine with a large scope and map. Maybe if they push the DS a bit more, maybe they could have a good 3D GTA game. That is my opinion of what I think about GTA CW being 3D and why I think it should. But if it is 2D, I won't care, it is still a new GTA game and that is what matters. :)

That is my opinion of what I think about GTA CW being 3D and why I think it should. But if it is 2D, I won't care, it is still a new GTA game and that is what matters. :)

i am sorry you have basically described the premise on how EA make games. :o OMGZ WE MUST MAKE A NEW GAME WE HAVEN'T HAD ONE FOR A WHOLE FUCKING WEEK! it's all very well and good making a new game but if it is shite then it's better to not have made it at all. taking my EA example:

the need for speed series; they peaked at most wanted which was quite frankly an awesome game, then they brought out carbon which was good but paled in comparison to it's predescessor, then they brought out pro street which i am sorry i could have made a beter game out of my own jizz.

Edited by gta player #69

That is my opinion of what I think about GTA CW being 3D and why I think it should. But if it is 2D, I won't care, it is still a new GTA game and that is what matters. :)

i am sorry you have basically described the premise on how EA make games. :o OMGZ WE MUST MAKE A NEW GAME WE HAVEN'T HAD ONE FOR A WHOLE FUCKING WEEK! it's all very well and good making a new game but if it is shite then it's better to not have made it at all. taking my EA example:

the need for speed series; they peaked at most wanted which was quite frankly an awesome game, then they brought out carbon which was good but paled in comparison to it's predescessor, then they brought out pro street which i am sorry i could have made a beter game out of my own jizz.

Ok, sorry. :mellow: I was just in the moment. I've just always wanted a "good" DS game. And the fect it's GTA, makes me want it even more. That is what I am trying to say...but I went a bit over the top.

Ok, sorry. :mellow: I was just in the moment. I've just always wanted a "good" DS game. And the fect it's GTA, makes me want it even more. That is what I am trying to say...but I went a bit over the top.

you know what mate? don't worry about it, i was on a bit of a rampage that day... but yeah the point still stands i didn't mean to ram it down your throught though... sorry dude...

i know how you feel i want a new decent psp game :( as good as they are LCS and VCS get a bit boring after a while...