Photo
- - - - -

Should the Next GTA Remake Previous Maps?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Next GTA Remake Previous Maps? (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Should They?

1. Yes (26 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

If yes, Vice City?

1. Yes (22 votes [56.41%])

Percentage of vote: 56.41%

2. No (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

3. No Remake at all (12 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

If yes, San Andreas?

1. Yes (23 votes [58.97%])

Percentage of vote: 58.97%

2. No (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. No Remake at all (10 votes [25.64%])

Percentage of vote: 25.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MetalInusan

MetalInusan

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • United States 

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

f*** no,yes vice city was good,and they never did make a SA stories,but i think they need to go to a new approach they would they could make more money anyways and besides in gta3 and Gta SA they keep talking about Carcer city on the radio so there they go,if there gonna make a new gta then make it Gta Carcer city caz they keep talking about it.

besides i think its kinda to early to think about a new gta yet :whistle:

Edited by MetalInusan, 21 February 2009 - 05:19 PM.

should i strike you down with my series of grand theft autos,or should i pin you to the ground and torture you slowly till you yell "i love pink barbies"?

This post has been edited 0 nano-seconds ago,Is that even a second O.0

#22 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:37 AM

Considering the treatment Liberty City got, I'd love a rehash of Vice City & San Andreas.

Another rehash I'd like is 3D versions of the original top down GTAs, tailored to the SA game engine.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#23 Sabin

Sabin

Drop Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:49 AM

I deffinatly want to see a remake of Vice City. It was a wonderful theme. 80's music and palm trees and girls in bikines on rollerskates.

Edited by Sabin, 28 February 2009 - 01:52 AM.

My PC (built from parts)
CPU: AMD Phenom Quad Core 9500 2.2Ghz
MB: Biostar TA790GX A+
Ram: ULTRA 4GB 800Mhz
GPU: HD 3450 512MB
PSU: APEVIA Java 500W
Display: LCD Acer X193W (
19 inch, 1440 x 900)
HDD: WD 160GB
Case: Thermaltake Tsunami Dream

#24 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:18 AM

Considering the treatment Liberty City got, I'd love a rehash of Vice City & San Andreas.

Another rehash I'd like is 3D versions of the original top down GTAs, tailored to the SA game engine.

They've already done that with the original GTA.

Also, I love all the bitching people do about Rockstar revisiting cities. So far they've only re-hashed Liberty City, Vice was only used three times. And how many times has Rockstar re-did Liberty? The way they redid it in GTA IV makes me really curious to see a dark gritty Miami full of drugs and shit.

Besides, you're all bitching and shit and saying how much more money they'd make.... But every last one of you will go out and buy it anyways. It was the same thing with GTA IV, "SHOULD IT B LBRTY CTYQ!?!?!?!". Everyone was bitching that they had enough of Liberty and that they wouldn't buy it if it was. Guess what? They all bought it.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#25 MetalInusan

MetalInusan

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • United States 

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

[

They've already done that with the original GTA.

Also, I love all the bitching people do about Rockstar revisiting cities. So far they've only re-hashed Liberty City, Vice was only used three times. And how many times has Rockstar re-did Liberty? The way they redid it in GTA IV makes me really curious to see a dark gritty Miami full of drugs and shit.

Besides, you're all bitching and shit and saying how much more money they'd make.... But every last one of you will go out and buy it anyways. It was the same thing with GTA IV, "SHOULD IT B LBRTY CTYQ!?!?!?!". Everyone was bitching that they had enough of Liberty and that they wouldn't buy it if it was. Guess what? They all bought it.

well actually i never bought gta4 to be honest i think the game is crap and a waste of time,utterly garbage nothing like the classic fictional Low poly "cartoony"style gameplay nothing can beat that.

Edited by MetalInusan, 02 March 2009 - 04:15 PM.

should i strike you down with my series of grand theft autos,or should i pin you to the ground and torture you slowly till you yell "i love pink barbies"?

This post has been edited 0 nano-seconds ago,Is that even a second O.0

#26 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:01 AM

well actually i never bought gta4 to be honest i think the game is crap and a waste of time,utterly garbage nothing like the classic fictional Low poly "cartoony"style gameplay nothing can beat that.

If you want your GTA games with shitty quality then just get GTAIV for the PC and lower the quality of the game...it's that simple.

I think they should revisit Vice City, San Andreas and then add a new location to the series at the end of the GTAIV era.

Just like Spaz said, all they're basically doing is using the names again. GTAIV was an entirely new map and the storyline wasn't at all like GTAIII.

When people in here say that they want another Vice City or San Andreas doesn't mean that they want the exact same game with better graphics, they just like the setting and or theme of those games and wants those to return.

I for one really want to see another GTA game with the Miami/Florida type of setting. I could really care less if the title is "Vice City", although I'd like to have another protagonist like Tommy Vercetti.

#27 MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

Anime lover, esp. Naruto lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

I like a remake of Vice City just like what they did to Libety City but I want the old VC look like palm trees, Vice sunset to be retained.
Former NecroAssassin, who loves sadomasochism.
GTA Fan and Addict.

I recommend you guys visit the all-new PayneKillers.com!

#28 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

Personally I think they should do something completely different, change the series up a bit, bring some more creativity into the mix.

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#29 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

Personally I think they should do something completely different, change the series up a bit, bring some more creativity into the mix.

Such as?

#30 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

I like a remake of Vice City just like what they did to Libety City but I want the old VC look like palm trees, Vice sunset to be retained.

Do you know how Miami really is, though? The neon colors and palm trees are just a mask. I want to see the REAL Miami. Not that I don't want the neon colors and shit, but I want to see the gritty side. I want to see the drugs and the sex, murder, etc.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#31 GTAspotter

GTAspotter

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

Do you know how Miami really is, though? The neon colors and palm trees are just a mask. I want to see the REAL Miami. Not that I don't want the neon colors and shit, but I want to see the gritty side. I want to see the drugs and the sex, murder, etc.

Thats a good point but i would prefer neon lights and strip clubs to drunk people and whores
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:28 AM

Thats a good point but i would prefer neon lights and strip clubs to drunk people and whores

He never said he wanted that to be gone, he just wants the storyline to be a little more in-depth into the crime and what not. I'd like to see a more in-depth storyline as well.

#33 Playstation_Loyalist

Playstation_Loyalist

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

I don't like a remake of the MAPS, but I do like to return to these cities with a new face, totally different from the III era.

Posted Image

Omnomnomnomnom.

#34 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

I find nothing wrong about remaking the maps of GTA locations and then setting the new GTA game(s) in them. It would actually be a good idea, if Rockstar wants to continue GTA for over a long period of time.

I would really like it if Rockstar remade Vice City. Vice City has got loads of neon lights, beautiful beaches, beautiful sunsets and mansions. I would sure want to revisit them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users