The Dark Knight

Slyde

I definitely hope it comes out on Blu-Ray. I wonder if they're going to make a game, sadly they might have to use Jokers voice from the movies, since y'know, Heath Ledger is dead.

Of course it'll come out on Blu-ray, all of Warner Brothers new DVDs are also released on the same day in Blu-ray. Should be around December, long wait.

This was the best movie that I have seen in decades. Completely owns any other film of 2008. Heath Ledger did a spectacular job as the Joker (R.I.P. Heath Ledger) and Christian Bale, my GOD was he good. The Joker looked really scary, like really scary.

The Joker looked scary? Didn't you see Harvey Dent/Two Face?

The Joker looked much more frightening because he at least looked real, and insane. Two Face looked like some Terminator rip-off.

You’re supposed to enjoy the movie, not analyze it.

Errm, when did I say I didn't enjoy the movie? My favorite of the year so far.

Oh no, here we go. I never said you didn't enjoy it. But movies are for enjoyment, not for analyzing. It was basically a joke, so please don’t turn it into anything.

Damn, relax dude, I agree that you should enjoy a movie but I don't see anything wrong about analysing.

Anyway, I'll watch it next week probably, looks pretty cool.

"relax"???...wtf, I'm not having a heart attack or anything. I was just pointing out that it was a joke.

Then stop talking about it when others are. I know its hard but if you want to not turn it into a big thing you just gotta ignore people.

Shit, not again.

Actor Morgan Freeman is injured in car accident

By HOLBROOK MOHR, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 22 minutes ago

JACKSON, Miss. - Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman is in a hospital in Memphis, Tenn., on Monday after being seriously injured in a car accident near his home in Mississippi.

Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman, 71, is in serious condition. The hospital is about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams said Freeman was driving a 1997 Nissan Maxima belonging to Demaris Meyer of Memphis when the car left a rural highway and flipped several times shortly before midnight Sunday.

"There's no indication that either alcohol or drugs were involved," Williams said. He said both Freeman and Meyer were wearing seat belts. The woman's condition was not immediately available.

Freeman was airlifted to the hospital in Tennessee.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 5 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife.

McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne when it left the highway and landed in a ditch.

"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."

McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.

Freeman won an Oscar for his role in "Million Dollar Baby." His screen credits also include "The Shawshank Redemption," "Driving Miss Daisy" and "The Dark Knight," now in theaters.

He was born in Memphis, Tenn., but spent much of his childhood in the Mississippi Delta. He is a co-owner of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale.

The hospital where Freeman is being treated is commonly known as The Med, and is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

More links - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7541667.stm

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaki.../breaking54.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/...=rss_topstories

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag...an-freeman.html

Apparently though, he's in hospital now and he's doing okay, joking around with nurses and such. He's such a great actor, I hope he fully recovers. :awecry:

Just came back from watching it now.

And yeah, It was a pretty awesome film. I'm a tiny bit disappointed that were wasn't as much action as i'd anticipated. The only time when it had my full attention was when Batman was giving the joker a beating... and some other stuff. Oh and were was his utility belt? Maybe i missed that.

@ Bossman. Yeah, he's one of my favorite actors. Hope he's alright.

Shit! Hope he recovers well, great actor and it would be a great shame if we lost him too.

Dark Knight seriously is one of the best films ever IMO, especially if you view Batman Begins and The Dark Knight as one big film. Simply amazing. Heath Ledger's performance was easily worthy of a post-humous award, and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get one. Also his makeup was awesome, really did make him look maniacal.

I'm guessing Two Face's makeup had a lot of CGI for it, but it was great how it showed his whole eyeball due to the fact his eyelid had completely burnt away. I think someone mentioned it being a bit of a terminator rip off in this topic. I don't see it as a rip off because he's a real human being as opposed to a metal endoskeleton with tissue covering it. He'd be in a great deal of pain if it was real. I thought it looked pretty cool anyway, regardless of any similarities.

Just so other members see this post as well, it looks like he's doing pretty good now. He's had about, I don't know, 16 or so hours to recover, and he's sitting up in hospital in good spirits. Quote from the CNN link:

Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was in serious condition at a Memphis hospital after being involved in a car accident Sunday night, but did not suffer any "life-threatening" injuries, according to a friend. The Jackson, Mississippi, Clarion-Ledger reported that Freeman's business partner, Bill Luckett of Clarksdale, visited Freeman at Memphis' Regional Medical Center.

"He's resting quietly and has some fractures. Nothing life-threatening. Nothing permanent," Luckett told the newspaper. "He's in good spirits, but he's in some pain."

And from the LA Times link:

"He broke his shoulder and arm, but he's doing OK. He's already laughing and joking around with the nurses."

:) One of my favourite actors as well, loved him in The Shawshank Redemption.

Edited by The Bossman

• 5 weeks later...
Even though I'm not a DC Comics fan, I loved Batman Begins and I'll definitely be checking out The Dark Night...when it comes out on DVD. Theaters suck.

GO SEE IT IN THEATERS DAMMIT. IT WON'T BE THE SAME ON A SMALL SCREEN WITH LOWER VOLUME. DO YOURSELF THE JUSTICE.

Didn't think it was as good as the hype. Way too long and a bit repetitive.

If it was any shorter..... No.... It wouldn't have worked. And the anticipation that drew from the length was fucking epic. I couldn't breath through out the last part of the movie. All while Gordon was talking I was holding my breath.

Just came back from watching it now.

And yeah, It was a pretty awesome film. I'm a tiny bit disappointed that were wasn't as much action as i'd anticipated. The only time when it had my full attention was when Batman was giving the joker a beating... and some other stuff. Oh and were was his utility belt? Maybe i missed that.

@ Bossman. Yeah, he's one of my favorite actors. Hope he's alright.

Dude..... The was a lot of action. The movie opens up with a bank heist.... And regardless.... How can any part of that movie disappoint you with what the rest of it did?

We've only seen it twice so far.... But it was the same damn experience both times.... Breathless at the end of the movie, almost in tears. Fucking. Epic...

Even if you don't like Batman, go see this movie. What the fuck are you reading a message board for if you haven't seen it yet?

Even though I'm not a DC Comics fan, I loved Batman Begins and I'll definitely be checking out The Dark Night...when it comes out on DVD. Theaters suck.

GO SEE IT IN THEATERS DAMMIT. IT WON'T BE THE SAME ON A SMALL SCREEN WITH LOWER VOLUME. DO YOURSELF THE JUSTICE.

Fine then. Go get me a ticket and a ride to the movies, because I have no money or a driver's license. And while you're at it, clear out the theater. I hate dumbasses who walk, talk, and breathe during the movie. The message here is that I really hate theaters and I'm never gonna see a movie, no matter how epic said movie is, until it's released on DVD. The only exception I plan on making is for the second Transformers film.

Fine then. Go get me a ticket and a ride to the movies, because I have no money or a driver's license. And while you're at it, clear out the theater. I hate dumbasses who walk, talk, and breathe during the movie. The message here is that I really hate theaters and I'm never gonna see a movie, no matter how epic said movie is, until it's released on DVD. The only exception I plan on making is for the second Transformers film.

First off, how can you make an exception for a Transformers sequel but not The Dark Knight? Secondly, no one breathes or makes any type of noise during The Dark Knight. I only had about 10 minutes of annoyance out of someone who brought their fucking baby and it was crying. Luckily, they left.

First off, how can you make an exception for a Transformers sequel but not The Dark Knight? Secondly, no one breathes or makes any type of noise during The Dark Knight. I only had about 10 minutes of annoyance out of someone who brought their fucking baby and it was crying. Luckily, they left.

Because I loved the first live-action Transformers compared to only liking Batman Begins (despite what I said earlier about loving it). And I just hate being around a lot of people, alright?

Edited by L-RiC

I agree. This movie is better than any Transformers film they could possibly ever make.

EDIT: But I'm not telling you to go to a cinema and see it L Ric. Do whatever you want. But I think the movie still is alot more enjoyable in a movie theatre instead of a couch homemade pop corn and tv. But if it is not for you..

Edited by Dirty Harry

Well I still haven't seen this film, it's on at the cinema yeah but I would be the only one there because everyone including my friends have seen it! I will probably end up waiting till it comes out on Blu-Ray, I've had an obsession for Blu-Ray quality films lately :P. Plus I think this is a film I'd rather buy then go see at the cinema if you know what I mean. It sounds mind-blowing from what I've heard and it would be a nice add to my movie collection. For example, yeah I'd go see Shrek 3 in the cinema but I'm not going to buy it. Get my point?

Edited by FallenClyro

^ I saw TDK in the cinema, but the sound quality is really out of sync, seriously. Most of the speaking is inaudible, and when the music kicks in, with the beating drums and whatnot, it dominates the voices. It's not worth seeing it in the cinema. If you get it on Blu-Ray, turn it all the way up - they will have fixed the crappy sound balance by then. TDK is probably the one movie I'd bother to get on Blu-Ray rather than DVD, because it's so amazingly good.

Almost forgot to say, The Dark Knight could well be re-released in January when the Oscars come rolling round again, if only for Heath Ledgers performance. They're talking about releasing it again, which is cool for those who haven't seen it. If they fix the sound, go see it.

Edited by The Bossman

• 2 weeks later...
^ I saw TDK in the cinema, but the sound quality is really out of sync, seriously. Most of the speaking is inaudible, and when the music kicks in, with the beating drums and whatnot, it dominates the voices. It's not worth seeing it in the cinema. If you get it on Blu-Ray, turn it all the way up - they will have fixed the crappy sound balance by then. TDK is probably the one movie I'd bother to get on Blu-Ray rather than DVD, because it's so amazingly good.

Almost forgot to say, The Dark Knight could well be re-released in January when the Oscars come rolling round again, if only for Heath Ledgers performance. They're talking about releasing it again, which is cool for those who haven't seen it. If they fix the sound, go see it.

That was your theater, not the movie. We saw it in two entirely different theaters((different branches, even)), and could hear everything just fine the whole way through.