• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

^ And, if R* are more likely to make an 'experimental' (if you will) DS release, it shows promise for a PC version, which will definitely sell well.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#42 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

^ And, if R* are more likely to make an 'experimental' (if you will) DS release, it shows promise for a PC version, which will definitely sell well.

How does that show promise of a PC version? It wouldn't exactly port all that great.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#43 Shortbus

Shortbus

retraded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • United States 

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

GTA on handheld? :|

Doesn't sound very good.

There's been three of them to date that I know of. Where have you been?

my mom's basement :D

nah but seriously, I've seen GTA3 on PSP, it ran pretty good actually. I just wasn't expecting GTA on a nintindo system.
Posted Image

#44 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

How does that show promise of a PC version? It wouldn't exactly port all that great.

I meant a PC version of IV, not CTW, probably my wording, but yeah. PC vers. of IV would sell better than CTW, IMO, so.... yeah... self explanatory....

Acronyms FTW.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#45 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:14 AM

Chinatown wars sounds good, my friend has a Ds lite and I use it sometimes..He uses an R4, which is basically an empty cartridge that allows you to store multiple games on one cartridge, use it to view photos, videos, listen to music etc. Like a little computer..

Posted Image

#46 Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Pest Control

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

Doesn't sound very good.

nah but seriously, I've seen GTA3 on PSP, it ran pretty good actually. I just wasn't expecting GTA on a nintindo system.

No, you seen GTA LCS.

Posted Image

#47 GTA Don

GTA Don

It was a good day.

• Members
  • 3,605 posts
  •    England 

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

You sure about that? It's definitely possible, people are already playing San Andreas on the PSP thanks to all these crazy methods etc.

Ermm...

#48 Alkali64

Alkali64

Backyard Bluesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

You sure about that? It's definitely possible, people are already playing San Andreas on the PSP thanks to all these crazy methods etc.

LMAO!

Are you serious?

http://www.youtube.c...64?feature=mhee

Music, covers and stuff...

#49 yanko693

yanko693

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:11 AM

LMAO!

Are you serious?

no. ps2 and older can not be emulated on the psp. not enough processor. ps1 and older can be though. including nintendos. no xbox though

#50 Shortbus

Shortbus

retraded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • United States 

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:35 AM

You're probably right, the screen is so damn small. Tony looks a lot like Claude anyway.

I wasn't playing the game, was watching over a shoulder.

Edited by Shortbus, 25 July 2008 - 01:36 AM.

Posted Image

#51 Cursed

Cursed

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

I was hoping for something rather more like "GTAIV PC release due soon" from Rockstar. I don't have a DS and don't intend getting one, so I doubt I'll play it.
Posted Image

#52 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

Doesn't sound very good.

Um, GTA Advanced? The FIRST handheld GTA? Seriously man, you really don't know much about the GTA series.

No, it's definitely not. I call total BS on that. Is there even a stable PS2 emulator out for the PC yet? The PSP can't emulate the last gen's hardware.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#53 Holster

Holster

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •    England 

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

I think it's a bit stupid releasing this game for the DS, as it's a bit like a girl's type console, I can't see it selling much. They should have released it for PSP instead.

#54 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:34 AM

I think it's a bit stupid releasing this game for the DS, as it's a bit like a girl's type console, I can't see it selling much. They should have released it for PSP instead.

Males buy and play the DS, too. And females play GTA, also. Quit being a little sexist.

Furthermore, the whole point to the game is for the DS gameplay. That's why it's being developed.

Posted Image

lolz

#55 Aes

Aes

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

Males buy and play the DS, too. And females play GTA, also. Quit being a little sexist.

Furthermore, the whole point to the game is for the DS gameplay. That's why it's being developed.

But DS gameplay is usually crap..... I thought Chinatown Wars was a bad joke someone had made up on the net..... But it's something much worse.... They should spend less time making things i'm not going to buy and more on the decent games... I think Rockstar should get as far away from Nintendo as is humanly possible. Before they make a Wii version >.<

#56 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:19 AM

First off, just because you played some games you didn't like doesn't mean they all suck. Secondly, just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it a bad game. And finally, I'm quite wanting a Wii version. I'd like to see how they pull it off and how it turns out. I'd buy it, and I'd probably enjoy it, too. So long as Leeds stays the hell away from it. <3North.

Posted Image

lolz

#57 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

Holy Crap. Yes, that did indeed take me by surprise lol.

Well, now I'll be playing something else besides Pokemon Diamond on my DS Lite now...

Edit: Spaz, you're pretty much. Right. By pretty much I mean completely... I lol'd at the person saying DS's is a girl type console. DS gameplay isn't crap..

And yeah, I am most definitley buying a Wii version if it ever comes out.

Edited by Nate14, 04 August 2008 - 11:10 PM.

#58 Aes

Aes

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:55 AM

First off, just because you played some games you didn't like doesn't mean they all suck. Secondly, just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it a bad game. And finally, I'm quite wanting a Wii version. I'd like to see how they pull it off and how it turns out. I'd buy it, and I'd probably enjoy it, too. So long as Leeds stays the hell away from it. <3North.

Quite wanting a Wii version?! It's going to be like to walk stand on the board and move your arms about and look like a complete idiot and after about 5mins of playing your going to be as tired as balls and all the characters will have huge bobble heads an there won't be blood coming out of them it will just be flowers. O.k maybe not to those extremes but never mind. Usually NDS games aren't about gameplay it's about the technology. Sometimes the technology works with the gameplay sometimes it is a huge fail and has tried to over do itself, tripped up and landed in it's own arse. O.k if CW is a success I'll eat my hat and rethink some of my opinions but until then I am staying firmly with what I believe.

#59 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

Doesn't sound very good.

Um, GTA Advanced? The FIRST handheld GTA? Seriously man, you really don't know much about the GTA series.

You forgot about the first GTA, which was ported to the Game Boy Color.

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#60 Aes

Aes

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

Doesn't sound very good.

You forgot about the first GTA, which was ported to the Game Boy Color.

You learn something new everyday.... (even if what you learn is as useless as a 2 legged lion)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users