67 replies to this topic

#21 mvi

mvi

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

On an obscure and completely unrelated note, any decent DS emulators out there?

#22 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

If this game appears to be good I might have to pick up a DS.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#23 Slyde

Slyde

Beep.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:37 AM

Lol i thought this was a joke. I don't really enjoy my DS but hopefully this will change my mind.

There must be a reason why Rockstar chose the DS platform. I'm going to expect something good.

Oh and, Chinatown FTW. Seriously.
bloop

#24 Shortbus

Shortbus

retraded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • United States 

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:53 AM

GTA on handheld? :|

Doesn't sound very good.
Posted Image

#25 Victor_Vance

Victor_Vance

Drop Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:06 AM

Are you serious dude? There's already been 2 GTA games on a handheld system for the last past 3 years

#26 Slyde

Slyde

Beep.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

Chris you gonna make a new section so we can post our wishlists?
bloop

#27 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

Eventually. Not much need for it yet because nothing is known except this press release. Also if it's going to be released this winter it means it's pretty much done, no time for wishes. Plus we have no idea of the scale of the game and what sort of things to expect.

We'll make a forum when there's a little more demand for it.

EDIT: never mind, I'll make one now.

#28 neoblade77

neoblade77

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • United States 

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:36 PM

I thought it was a joke at first, lol. I can't get it anyway because I don't have a DS, but if it looks good enough, I'll buy one.

Edited by neoblade77, 16 July 2008 - 04:37 PM.

#29 TNF

TNF

Party Patrol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

Liberty City again?

Ans how will it look on a DS screen?

#30 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

I hope it has GTA IV gameplay, but I was hoping for another GTA on PS3/360 that would have airplanes and all that wonderful various amount of stuff like on GTA:SA.

Oh well. <_< Just hope it isn't a top-down GTA and that it isn't set in the GTA 3 Liberty City.

It won't have GTA IV gameplay... They wouldn't use those advanced engines for a portable GTA. And hoping for another big GTA release... Already? We JUST got GTA IV....

GTA on handheld? :|

Doesn't sound very good.

There's been three of them to date that I know of. Where have you been?

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#31 GTA LEGAND

GTA LEGAND

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:53 AM

GTA Chinatown Wars sounds like good game but i can't get it when it comes out unless i get a DS for christmas.

#32 sibraa5

sibraa5

Riff-Raff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

HELL YES!!

I'll get it :D!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 NotYouHaha

NotYouHaha

Ronin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:01 PM

I hope it has GTA IV gameplay, but I was hoping for another GTA on PS3/360 that would have airplanes and all that wonderful various amount of stuff like on GTA:SA.

Oh well. <_< Just hope it isn't a top-down GTA and that it isn't set in the GTA 3 Liberty City.

It won't have GTA IV gameplay... They wouldn't use those advanced engines for a portable GTA. And hoping for another big GTA release... Already? We JUST got GTA IV....

I just didn't think they would have a smaller-GTA release since they wouldn't have any smaller GTAs or "Stories" to do.

#34 BULL

BULL

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

Thinking ahead here I wonder if they will do little havana wars or soming like that
Posted Image

Thanks to TM™ for the Sig

#35 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

I just didn't think they would have a smaller-GTA release since they wouldn't have any smaller GTAs or "Stories" to do.

Why not? It's something unique and fun to do. And this isn't a "Stories" game.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#36 NotYouHaha

NotYouHaha

Ronin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

I wasn't thinking outside-the-box. Like Chris and others said, they were surprised to see another GTA located in Liberty City and who would've thought a GTA would be on the DS?

Anyways, I wonder if you'll be able to fire via the touchscreen. :) That'll be sick.

EDIT: Fixing Grammar. :)

Edited by NotYouHaha, 17 July 2008 - 07:38 PM.

#37 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

This is pretty surprising but seems like it might be fun. We'll have to wait for more news and I might get have to get a DS haha.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#38 GTA Don

GTA Don

It was a good day.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts
  •    England 

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

I wasn't thinking outside-the-box. Like Chris and others said, they were surprised to see another GTA located in Liberty City and who would've thought a GTA would be on the DS?

Anyways, I wonder if you'll be able to fire via the touchscreen. :) That'll be sick.

EDIT: Fixing Grammar. :)

No, it would be really annoying. I'd much rather use R.

Ermm...

#39 NotYouHaha

NotYouHaha

Ronin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

No, it would be really annoying. I'd much rather use R.

Yes, I agree using R on peds would be better, but how about when doing drivebys, blind-firing, shooting vehicles and etc?

IMO, it would be new and unique and doing the items listed above using an analog is different and not the best but now imagine using the DS' control pad.

I personally would enjoy using the touchscreen to fire.

Edited by NotYouHaha, 17 July 2008 - 09:20 PM.

#40 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

I don't know if I said this, but this is also good news to some of us because it's sort of like higher odds that we could get a GTA on Wii. Maybe, that is, if this actually succeeds and people like it.

Posted Image

lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users