Nintendo announces GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS

Chris

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTA on handheld? :|

Doesn't sound very good.

There's been three of them to date that I know of. Where have you been?

my mom's basement :D

nah but seriously, I've seen GTA3 on PSP, it ran pretty good actually. I just wasn't expecting GTA on a nintindo system.

Um, GTA Advanced? The FIRST handheld GTA? Seriously man, you really don't know much about the GTA series.

You sure about that? It's definitely possible, people are already playing San Andreas on the PSP thanks to all these crazy methods etc.

No, it's definitely not. I call total BS on that. Is there even a stable PS2 emulator out for the PC yet? The PSP can't emulate the last gen's hardware.

I think it's a bit stupid releasing this game for the DS, as it's a bit like a girl's type console, I can't see it selling much. They should have released it for PSP instead.

Males buy and play the DS, too. And females play GTA, also. Quit being a little sexist.

Furthermore, the whole point to the game is for the DS gameplay. That's why it's being developed.

I think it's a bit stupid releasing this game for the DS, as it's a bit like a girl's type console, I can't see it selling much. They should have released it for PSP instead.

Males buy and play the DS, too. And females play GTA, also. Quit being a little sexist.

Furthermore, the whole point to the game is for the DS gameplay. That's why it's being developed.

But DS gameplay is usually crap..... I thought Chinatown Wars was a bad joke someone had made up on the net..... But it's something much worse.... They should spend less time making things i'm not going to buy and more on the decent games... I think Rockstar should get as far away from Nintendo as is humanly possible. Before they make a Wii version >.<

First off, just because you played some games you didn't like doesn't mean they all suck. Secondly, just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it a bad game. And finally, I'm quite wanting a Wii version. I'd like to see how they pull it off and how it turns out. I'd buy it, and I'd probably enjoy it, too. So long as Leeds stays the hell away from it. <3North.

Holy Crap. Yes, that did indeed take me by surprise lol.

Well, now I'll be playing something else besides Pokemon Diamond on my DS Lite now...

Edit: Spaz, you're pretty much. Right. By pretty much I mean completely... I lol'd at the person saying DS's is a girl type console. DS gameplay isn't crap..

And yeah, I am most definitley buying a Wii version if it ever comes out.

Edited by Nate14

First off, just because you played some games you didn't like doesn't mean they all suck. Secondly, just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it a bad game. And finally, I'm quite wanting a Wii version. I'd like to see how they pull it off and how it turns out. I'd buy it, and I'd probably enjoy it, too. So long as Leeds stays the hell away from it. <3North.

Quite wanting a Wii version?! It's going to be like to walk stand on the board and move your arms about and look like a complete idiot and after about 5mins of playing your going to be as tired as balls and all the characters will have huge bobble heads an there won't be blood coming out of them it will just be flowers. O.k maybe not to those extremes but never mind. Usually NDS games aren't about gameplay it's about the technology. Sometimes the technology works with the gameplay sometimes it is a huge fail and has tried to over do itself, tripped up and landed in it's own arse. O.k if CW is a success I'll eat my hat and rethink some of my opinions but until then I am staying firmly with what I believe.

Doesn't sound very good.

nah but seriously, I've seen GTA3 on PSP, it ran pretty good actually. I just wasn't expecting GTA on a nintindo system.

Um, GTA Advanced? The FIRST handheld GTA? Seriously man, you really don't know much about the GTA series.

You forgot about the first GTA, which was ported to the Game Boy Color.

Doesn't sound very good.

You learn something new everyday.... (even if what you learn is as useless as a 2 legged lion)

Doesn't sound very good.

You learn something new everyday.... (even if what you learn is as useless as a 2 legged lion)

Two legged lions are worth lots of money. Duhh.

So... any actual new news coming from the game?

Edited by Nate14

Doesn't sound very good.

Two legged lions are worth lots of money. Duhh.

So... any actual new news coming from the game?

Damn I should really start selling them then... EBAY!

Quite wanting a Wii version?! It's going to be like to walk stand on the board and move your arms about and look like a complete idiot and after about 5mins of playing your going to be as tired as balls and all the characters will have huge bobble heads an there won't be blood coming out of them it will just be flowers. O.k maybe not to those extremes but never mind. Usually NDS games aren't about gameplay it's about the technology. Sometimes the technology works with the gameplay sometimes it is a huge fail and has tried to over do itself, tripped up and landed in it's own arse. O.k if CW is a success I'll eat my hat and rethink some of my opinions but until then I am staying firmly with what I believe.

Yes, because everytime they release a new attachment EVERY game uses it. That's why we all use dance pads, light guns, and Power Gloves for ALL of our games, right?

And you'd walk with the joystick.... Like any other game with character movement....

Yes, because everytime they release a new attachment EVERY game uses it. That's why we all use dance pads, light guns, and Power Gloves for ALL of our games, right?

And you'd walk with the joystick.... Like any other game with character movement....

I just think a Wii version of GTA would have the gameplay totally watered down by the technology.

I just think a Wii version of GTA would have the gameplay totally watered down by the technology.

Just to shut you up, you could even this use this wii_shell.jpg

Happy now? GTA on the Wii would be tottally possible, sure it wouldn't have the fancy IV graphics but it could really inovate the series.

Edited by IVAN ALEXANDROV

Just to shut you up, you could even this use this wii_shell.jpg

Happy now? GTA on the Wii would be tottally possible, sure it wouldn't have the fancy IV graphics but it could really inovate the series.

I think that if you did use a normal controller it would somewhat defeat the purpose of the Wii but you never know. And about the graphics.... Well.... Enough on the Wii anyways. (It's still a Chinatown Wars topic. Believe it or not.)