Nintendo announces GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS

Chris

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually. Not much need for it yet because nothing is known except this press release. Also if it's going to be released this winter it means it's pretty much done, no time for wishes. Plus we have no idea of the scale of the game and what sort of things to expect.

We'll make a forum when there's a little more demand for it.

EDIT: never mind, I'll make one now.

I hope it has GTA IV gameplay, but I was hoping for another GTA on PS3/360 that would have airplanes and all that wonderful various amount of stuff like on GTA:SA.

Oh well. <_< Just hope it isn't a top-down GTA and that it isn't set in the GTA 3 Liberty City.

It won't have GTA IV gameplay... They wouldn't use those advanced engines for a portable GTA. And hoping for another big GTA release... Already? We JUST got GTA IV....

GTA on handheld? :|

Doesn't sound very good.

There's been three of them to date that I know of. Where have you been?

I hope it has GTA IV gameplay, but I was hoping for another GTA on PS3/360 that would have airplanes and all that wonderful various amount of stuff like on GTA:SA.

Oh well. <_< Just hope it isn't a top-down GTA and that it isn't set in the GTA 3 Liberty City.

It won't have GTA IV gameplay... They wouldn't use those advanced engines for a portable GTA. And hoping for another big GTA release... Already? We JUST got GTA IV....

I just didn't think they would have a smaller-GTA release since they wouldn't have any smaller GTAs or "Stories" to do.

I just didn't think they would have a smaller-GTA release since they wouldn't have any smaller GTAs or "Stories" to do.

Why not? It's something unique and fun to do. And this isn't a "Stories" game.

I wasn't thinking outside-the-box. Like Chris and others said, they were surprised to see another GTA located in Liberty City and who would've thought a GTA would be on the DS?

Anyways, I wonder if you'll be able to fire via the touchscreen. :) That'll be sick.

EDIT: Fixing Grammar. :)

Edited by NotYouHaha

I wasn't thinking outside-the-box. Like Chris and others said, they were surprised to see another GTA located in Liberty City and who would've thought a GTA would be on the DS?

Anyways, I wonder if you'll be able to fire via the touchscreen. :) That'll be sick.

EDIT: Fixing Grammar. :)

No, it would be really annoying. I'd much rather use R.

No, it would be really annoying. I'd much rather use R.

Yes, I agree using R on peds would be better, but how about when doing drivebys, blind-firing, shooting vehicles and etc?

IMO, it would be new and unique and doing the items listed above using an analog is different and not the best but now imagine using the DS' control pad.

I personally would enjoy using the touchscreen to fire.

Edited by NotYouHaha

^ And, if R* are more likely to make an 'experimental' (if you will) DS release, it shows promise for a PC version, which will definitely sell well.

How does that show promise of a PC version? It wouldn't exactly port all that great.

I meant a PC version of IV, not CTW, probably my wording, but yeah. PC vers. of IV would sell better than CTW, IMO, so.... yeah... self explanatory....

Acronyms FTW.

You sure about that? It's definitely possible, people are already playing San Andreas on the PSP thanks to all these crazy methods etc.

LMAO!

Are you serious?

no. ps2 and older can not be emulated on the psp. not enough processor. ps1 and older can be though. including nintendos. no xbox though