Nintendo announces GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS

Chris

gtacw-ds-e3_th.jpg

This news coming somewhat as a surprise to me, and I'm sure many others. But no this isn't April Fool's, Nintendo have indeed just announced GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS at this years E3 event. It's expected to be released this winter. Once again we'll see a GTA game taking place in Liberty City, though this one of course (presumably) focusing just on the Chinatown district.

From the press release:

"This is a game that will deliver a rich, fast-paced and intense 'Grand Theft Auto' experience that will be truly unique to Nintendo's handheld platform," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "Rockstar Leeds, along with the team at Rockstar North, has built upon a decade of progressive design on Grand Theft Auto, and has created something fundamentally fresh and immersive."

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is an entirely original entry into the critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto series, and brings a new level of interactivity to its sprawling open environments. With the use of the DS touch screen, players will navigate their way through the streets as they uncover the truth behind an epic tale of crime and corruption within the Triad crime syndicate, delivering the unprecedented amount of depth that has become a true trademark of the franchise.

Let's hope it improves upon GTA Advance!

This news post is being updated with more info as it becomes known.

Links:

press release [via kotaku]

Official website

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty cool now that they're now starting on another portable console (Excluding GTA Advance). This, I supposedly hope will be more entertaining than the stories' series. I mean, being it on DS, it should be alot more fun, especially with the DS features. I believe this could bring GTA high again from GTA Advance.

Let's just see where it heads to...