Modding Different GTA Games on the PC...

SolidSnake2014

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and therefor give my apology to any moderator or administrator, if this topic was already posted.

I own Grand Theft Auto III/Vice City/San Andreas, all for computer, and I would like to mod all of them, just different cars is all.

I have tried multiple folders on my own, and even searched GOOGLE for help, nothing useful had come up. If there is a different way of adding mods to each of them, please post every way. Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Our download FAQ (although a bit outdated) may help you if you're going to manually install the mods. You'll need IMG Tool if you're going to do it this way.

Since you're new and inexperienced you'll probably find it easier using installers. For GTA3 and VC there is the GTA Mod Installer, and for San Andreas there is SAMI. They both should be fairly straightforward to use. If I remember correctly you just extract the files from the zip/rar file you downloaded for the mod. Start up the mod installer and browse to the location of the files you just extracted. Tell it what car to overwrite and then it'll install.

If you still need help for a particular game then feel free to make a topic asking for more specific help in the subforum for that game here. You may find help in topics already made though, for example there is a modding guide for San Andreas already.

With "GTA Mod Installer" when I have unzipped the file, it comes with the program itself of course, and another one known as, "scripter.exe". What should I use that one for, if anything.

And Another Question, I was looking at car modifications, and noticed one that is to my liking, however when I unzipped it, it only came with one file, "Dodge Viper GTS.vcm" and the installer is saying that I am missing a file of some sort, (I believe it was .dff or something due to that effect). Here is the URL for the mod.

Dodge Viper GTS

Edited by SolidSnake2014

For the VCMM Program, I downloaded it, took my Dodge Viper GTS file and threw it into a folder I made specifically for it, in "My Documents", I found the folder using VCMM, and clicked it, nothing changed, it just kept popping up to find it again, and I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

vcmm is a bit retarded. for me i installed mods and they didnt even show up. manually installing with imgtool is the best way i think, despite being slower.

i think there is a thing you can get to "rip" vcm files. so you can use that vcmm dodge viper and take out the txd and dff file. here

u just have to enter the number in the box, then click enter and download.