Mozilla Firefox 3 Download Day 2008

GTA Don

Ignore the newb post I made earlier, definetaly noticing the difference now. FF3>TGTAP :o

Lol wut? You had an OS X theme on a windows OS? That surely would look absolutely ridiculous no? Don't get me wrong I like OS X's looks but in a Windows OS I can't see that going together well.

And besides, if the creator of the theme isn't a lazy ass he'll release an update for it, so just wait a few days or whatever.

It was a theme for Firefox and it made the browser similiar to Mac's Safari e.g: the scrolling bars are that nice blue shade instead of the dull grey that they are on XP. Make's the interface nice and shiny! I think it's called macfox and I thought the same as you did when I downloaded it, but turns out it blends perfectly.

Edited by FallenClyro

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who's wondering if they got the World Record but are too lazy to go on to the site themselves, it says:

Awesome work - we’re almost there!

Thanks to the support of the always amazing Mozilla community, we got more than 8 million Firefox 3 downloads in 24 hours. That’s more Firefox downloads than we’ve ever had in a single day -- an impressive feat indeed!

Please be patient while the good people of Guinness review our World Record attempt. This might take a few days so please check back here. And, a huge thanks for all of your support!

Which means the people from Guinness have to review their attempt to see if they got the Record.

WTF, why do they have to be such fags? Just say beta. We've been using that word for so long, it's simple, and everyone knows it.

BTW, screw the new Firefox until it's more compatible with the shit I have. I hate when it auto-updates and I lose functionality.

There's a difference between release candidate and beta. A beta is like just testing, a release candidate is about to be released there are just some little things that need to be polished first.

FireFox 3 is shit. :o

I thought it'd be good, but it's a piece of fuck shit...when I open it, it just crashes. <_<

Sorry to say this but you have a crappy PC. Firefox 3 rocks, it's faster than 2 IMO.

No! Say it isn't so! A newer version, faster than an older one?! Impossible![/sarcasm] Damn, it never worked. Oh well. But, it would have been more suitable to say IE. Oh yeah, just another thing. http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/...eat-for-mozilla

WTF, why do they have to be such fags? Just say beta. We've been using that word for so long, it's simple, and everyone knows it.

BTW, screw the new Firefox until it's more compatible with the shit I have. I hate when it auto-updates and I lose functionality.

There's a difference between release candidate and beta. A beta is like just testing, a release candidate is about to be released there are just some little things that need to be polished first.

Yeah, and some betas only need "polished". I'm not seeing how it's different, or why they need a different name. Especially one as stupid sounding as "release candidate"......

IPS has release candidates too, for IPB and all their other products.

alpha is used when it's being tested internally, generally because it's still insecure

beta is when a (usually) limited number of outsiders are also allowed to test it out. At this point the build is still not final and small features may still be added

release candidate is exactly what it says - a candidate for release - these are always open to anyone to try out, and are basically the same as the final build of the product. no new features will be added from now on, the RC's are just to get widespread use and so more bugs can be found and fixed before the actual final build is released. This means the final build is more polished and bug free and it otherwise would have been.

IPS has release candidates too, for IPB and all their other products.

alpha is used when it's being tested internally, generally because it's still insecure

beta is when a (usually) limited number of outsiders are also allowed to test it out. At this point the build is still not final and small features may still be added

release candidate is exactly what it says - a candidate for release - these are always open to anyone to try out, and are basically the same as the final build of the product. no new features will be added from now on, the RC's are just to get widespread use and so more bugs can be found and fixed before the actual final build is released. This means the final build is more polished and bug free and it otherwise would have been.

Still sounds like a lot of betas, to me. And a lot of betas are open for download to anyone. Hell, all you needed to get into Gmail when it was in beta was someone else with an account.