Do You Think Rockstar Should Come Out With Another Gangster Game?

Young Era

Do You Think Rockstar Should Come Out With Another Gangster Game?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Rockstar Should Come Out With Another Gangster Game?

• Yes
    • No

I've said it and I'll say it again, hell no.

I hated the SA theme, I did enjoy the game but I was tired of seeing them gangsta hoods.

God bless the time you go to San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Damn straight, "Viva Las Venturas"

(reference to song Viva Lad Vegas :P)

I've said it and I'll say it again, hell no.

I hated the SA theme, I did enjoy the game but I was tired of seeing them gangsta hoods.

God bless the time you go to San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Damn straight, "Viva Las Venturas"

(reference to song Viva Lad Vegas :P)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, seriously; when GTA ported onto full 3D is focused on the Mafia..Little social elements..Little city life..Little feel of what was going on. It was all about looking good. Then come the ghetto and it blew the Mafia theme out of the water, IMO. Better music to set the atmosphere, a better sense of exploration, a more interesting set of character personalities and a never ending city. CJ was a very social person, he enjoyed going out, doing things that the Mafia would deem not worth doing, therefore I favor this theme much more. Me and Noodle should pick the songs for a new ghetto-themed game if Rockstar decide it :D A really good song is Still D.R.E - Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg and the video for the song is just like San Andreas.

lawl... good one. :coolthumbup:

Well it was in my opinion, the sky was blue, the atmosphere was nice and it was just really nice to drive around in such a nicely themed city. Today's rap sucks but worth listening to if you don't care what they're on about.

Vice City only looked good at night, during the day driving around would be odd considering everyone was at the beach. And even during the night where did all the people go? Same goes for LC, such a mysterious place until GTAIV came along.

A gangsta theme would be good ONLY if it were set in 1992, today's gangsta's are repping blindly. Back then people repped to protect themselves.

I myself, prefer the Yakuza, starting as a new guy and getting higher to the Oyabun Kobun spot.

Sounds great.

Or, neutral.

Or the best thing:

R* lets you choose: You start in the menu>new game>Choose: Gangster/Hood/Yakuza/Cartel/Triad/Neutral/Hispanic

It lets you to choose what kind of game you like.

Afcourse it will take a few good years for that.

Are you guys serious when saying that the gangsta music is better than the other ones?

Yeah, it's about 1000 million hundred times better than any other music. Gangsta rap for the win, and no fake 50 Cent or such crap. REAL g-rap.

And I know much better how to set up a classic gangsta rap, not saying Radio Los Santos had any null but I can make one where the fans couldn't get tired of hearing after 100 times.

I liked SA a lot, I haven't played IV yet so I cant comment on that but I really liked III mainly because it was neutral like TM said and this made it more of a challenge I felt especially after you kill Salvatore its very difficult to drive around Portland which made it challenging.

I liked SA a lot, mainly because of the side missions but I loved the storyline as well. I think its about time an English/Scotish/Irish person took over as the protagonist, it would be different and in my opinion a whole lot better.

Because it's boring and who the hell wants to play with an emo guy. I would buy the game then wreck it and curse on rock a looot... I hate rock music with a passion so don't ask me about it. I don't know anything and proudly Limp Bizkit is my fav rock band.

Rockers have no style to them, just some sad clothes banging their head. No emo would ever dare picking up a gun. Anything expect for Rock theme is fine for me. Because if there was one I would put radio off all the time.

Because it's boring and who the hell wants to play with an emo guy. I would buy the game then wreck it and curse on rock a looot... I hate rock music with a passion so don't ask me about it. I don't know anything and proudly Limp Bizkit is my fav rock band.

Rockers have no style to them, just some sad clothes banging their head. No emo would ever dare picking up a gun. Anything expect for Rock theme is fine for me. Because if there was one I would put radio off all the time.

Yeah..Explained it all..Rock people aren't criminals..

Wow, since when are all rock lovers emo?

I love rock and I'm not an emo, hell, I know lots of people that like rock and aren't emos so piss off.

Edited by IVAN ALEXANDROV

I don't care. Most notable rock fans are emo's and punks as much as the most famous rap fans are the pre-teens and chavs.

i think rock songs fit in 80's like Vice City. VRock just rocked me...

but if we're talking about 90's, Rap is the best music for the era.

Yeah, that's why Vice City is my least GTA.

They should definitely do that. That's what every GTA should be about. And I don't give a fuck about what others say, it's the best. GTA SA was indeed the best because of it's theme and Radio Los Santos. Hood life for the win!

thats exactly how i feel about GTA SA cause all the others dont have to gang violence and many things to choose from unlike GTA 4

Bullshit. Vice City had gang violence (Cubans vs. Haitians), Liberty City Stories had gang violence (Leones vs. Diablos in The Guns of Leone, Yardies vs. Forellis, hell, all the Mafia gangs were beating each other up), Vice City Stories (Vance Crime Family vs. Bikers vs. Sharks; Cholos vs. Cubans).

Please. A rock theme would wreck GTA.

Really. I like the 80s Heavy Metal Rock from V-Rock but playing as a Bikers type gang member and having everything revolve around it would be stupid. I don't even thing rock would even be a kind of theme...

Liberty City is the most aggressive city even though LS should have been that. I mean come on, the gangs are taken to over the limit, they attack you for no reason (Yardies, Cartel) in LCS and they all hate you after you do one small thing against them, like first mission against them. That's crap, SA was more realistic, the Ballas doesn't have their guns ready up for shooting already once you have entered their turf. It takes time till you get their attention.

R* lets you choose: You start in the menu>new game>Choose: Gangster/Hood/Yakuza/Cartel/Triad/Neutral/Hispanic

It lets you to choose what kind of game you like.

Afcourse it will take a few good years for that.

Yeah, Yakuza pwns the others :D but it would be hard to develop a storyline if they put choices at the start of the game, think on how deep and complex is the story of GTA 4 ... Many hours spent in the recording studio etc. ... I'm just being realistic.

Two years ago we wanted the map to be 50 or 100 bigger than in SA, more detailed, we wanted the Heaven of car and character customization but it is not possible, proved by Rockstar. They make the story great, you play it.

As Rashon said, I would like to a gangster theme, but only if it's only in the ghetto, play as a low-life, improve your status a bit but that's it ...

My originial idea is kinda hard to be delivered ...

You start as a low-life ghetto scum, during a gang war you save the son of a important Yakuza mafioso, they hire you to do some missions and they give you money enough for you to start your own business ... This is like playing CJ, Claude and Niko all-together in one game ... RAgs to slightly better rags as Dan Houser would say :rolleyes: How bout that ? Keeps everyone happy IMO.

Edited by Gycu X