• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 BiggMack

BiggMack

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

ok now in some ways GTA is a RPG, you are in a roleplaying enviroment of sorts and since GTA4 they have touch down on the Multiplayer online asspect, but what if they touch bases on the MMO aspect even more so the MMORPG aspect, think World of Warcraft. MASSIVE multiplayer and has done FANTASTIC.. SILVERHAND FTW hehe... *coughs* sorry.. but what if they made a World of GTA or a GTA the World.. making you able to take Boat Fairys to each of the Classic Islands like Old Liberty, New Liberty, Vice City, San Andreas.. be able to take missions from Tommy Vercetti, Carl Johnson, Niko Bellic... do online Questing in a REAL LIFE Enviroment, Cars, planes, Trains, guns and everything GTA offers in a GTA game.. WoW has Outland, Northrend, Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.. why cant GTA ROCK AND BECOME THE TOP in MMORPG's? i would think it would be the best and maybe knock WoW out of the top spot. cause imho WoW is the best but i LOVE GTA. i just wanna know some opinions and see what others think, maybe even make some suggestions, cause guys and gals.. what if a Rockstar person read this and liked it? wouldnt you want to be apart of history in the making? :lolbounce: :thumbsup:

So let me know!

and BTW......

:worship: ROCKSTAR!!!! HOMERUN ON GTA4!!!! OUT OF THE PARK AND BEYOND!!!! :dribble:

Edited by BiggMack, 04 June 2008 - 03:52 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
a Minnesota Independent Wrestler.. Big as i am, Nasty as i wanna be - myspace.com/biggmacklyonz

#2 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

It sounds shit making GTA to "World Of GTA". GTA is way better then WoW and shouldn't ever turn like it. And note, GTA is a Action Adventure game, not some MMORPG.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#3 Alkali64

Alkali64

Backyard Bluesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

They said something about seeing how big a success GTA IV's multiplayer was and what people thought about it before going all out and doing something huge like that. It's a possibility though... But it obviously wouldn't cover the whole world. Everything would be too small...

I doubt it'll happen, but you never know.

http://www.youtube.c...64?feature=mhee

Music, covers and stuff...

#4 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:12 PM

I would actually like to see it, with a new name though, not World of GTA.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#5 TheGunslinger

TheGunslinger

When in doubt, get the shotgun out.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Norway 

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

Not gonna happen (thank god for that), i remember reading an interview with Dan Houser in a ps3 mag, saying that they dont ever want to turn gta into a MMO.

Posted Image

#6 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:24 PM

This idea would obliterate GTA's current fan base. Yes, it would acquire an all new one, but it wouldn't be half as big. No profit, not gonna happen.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#7 Alkali64

Alkali64

Backyard Bluesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:24 PM

"A subscription-based Grand Theft Auto-type game.. is very, very doable and is a very, very compelling proposition.. the combination of what we're doing with multiplayer and what we're doing with the [downloadable X360] episodes is the start of us putting our toes in this water and seeing how our audience.. adapts to online."

Source

http://www.youtube.c...64?feature=mhee

Music, covers and stuff...

#8 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, I saw that article too.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#9 TheGunslinger

TheGunslinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Norway 

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

It would be horrible. I can just see it now, your quietly trying to do a mission, and then some precocious little troublemaker comes along, kills you causing you to fail, and then says "HA HA, U FAILEDED DA MISSION, ROFLCOPTER!". mmorpgs suck imo.

Edited by Sean., 04 June 2008 - 05:52 PM.

Posted Image

#10 BiggMack

BiggMack

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

AH HA hehe now it makes sense Sean hehe you do not like MMORPG's.. i am taking for those that do, not for ones that dont hehe of course if you do not like MMORPG's then it would suck yes, but me.. i LOVE them.. i know the name would have to be differant i was making a example, and i don't know, some of those WoW Continents are pretty big, and they manage *shrugs* i think it would be very interesting, thanks for the responce i have had this idea for awhile and wanted to share it with GTA fans :thumbsup:
a Minnesota Independent Wrestler.. Big as i am, Nasty as i wanna be - myspace.com/biggmacklyonz

#11 TheGunslinger

TheGunslinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Norway 

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

It would be fine if rockstar made a gta style mmorpg under a new franchise, but at the same time continue to make normal GTAs, that way everyone would be happy.

Edited by Sean., 04 June 2008 - 06:13 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:27 PM

Yea, that way you wouldn't feel left out if you don't want to have stupid costly subscriptions on shit games.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#13 Vercetti Thug

Vercetti Thug

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:41 PM

Hehe, its funny imagining GTA as Final Fantasy lol

Lol, Lvl 3 Uzi attack, direct hit!
Posted Image

Signature compliment of Mr.LlamaLlama

#14 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#15 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:46 PM

Worst...idea...ever! We already have to deal with 15 other annoying assholes online at a time, so why multiply that?

Edited by L-RiC, 04 June 2008 - 11:47 PM.

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#16 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:55 PM

Worst...idea...ever! We already have to deal with 15 other annoying assholes online at a time, so why multiply that?

So you can deal w/ 1023 other annoying assholes...... :thumbsup:

I've kicked around the idea of "GTA Nation" (yes, R* can use that if they want), featuring R*'s version of the US w/ all cities
from previous GTAs. I thought it would be the next logical step from SA (modeled after a whole state). But I also thought
of it as a single player game w/ MP options, not as MMORPG. Campers are annoying enough in GTA4, I can only imagine
how much of a problem they'd be in a WOW type game (can fairys do drive-bys?).

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#17 Mendoza

Mendoza

Ronin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:58 AM

hmmm a quite stealth mission where you need too sneak by then your friend comes running by shooting at someone else in a mission..BAD NEWS THEY SEE YOU BAM BAM BAM dead and your friend says "hahaha they got you"

#18 BiggMack

BiggMack

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

See i only used WoW as a example of how MMO's have become the next step.. nobody in their right mind would want a RPG of GTA.. i am not dumb... all i meant was make it LIKE wow in sense that everyone, online, sametime, making groups and whatnot.. Not being a fire mage holding a uzi... come on now HAHAHA.. but yet maybe a GTA Nation or GTA Wrold makes sense cause Liberty, Vice, San are ALL their own WORLD so to speak.. they are not real?... yeah.. so go ideas guys thanks its just been on my mind for awhile hehe

#19 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

Not sure about that idea. I think GTA is good the way it is so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users