LCS + VCS - Worth buying a PSP for?

I've played the hell out of both GTA3 and VC and for a long time now, I've had my eye on the Stories. However I'm not sure if it's worth buying a PSP for just these two games (been thinking about God of War, though).

From what I understand they both follow the exact same formula as their predecessors and that sounds exactly like what I'd want. Should I just pass them up and stick with the classics or fork out 100$+ for (currently) just these two games?

Well if you have a PS2 then you can easily just buy the PS2 versions of the games. However if you have a PC or Xbox, then I'm not sure. The Stories games are quite great and interesting to replay in the old cities but the PSP offers a lot of stuff as well. Lots of different programs and mods for it, I don't know much about PSPs but I know a couple of other members do. If you really want to play the Stories games, then yes I think you should buy one and get a lot of bonus stuff from the PSP. If you're not that desperate to play them, then I guess not because you really don't miss too much. It all depends on what you want.

Well have you played San Andreas? IMO it's the best of all the GTA's. Then again the stories are worth it only if it's for a cheap prize but PSP is worth it anyways since many games are out for it and it's the "newest" and only console of it's own. I am now on the last mission in LCS playing on PS2 and wow I have had a good time.

It depends on your preference.

I say yes because I've tried it and I have both LCS and VCS. If you get it for PSP, both games are still good to play on PSP, but Vice City Stories has a few problems which I will expand on soon. Liberty City Stories is pretty awesome once you start the story off, but towards the end, you'll get bored, but it's best to take your time playing Liberty City Stories as it's sometimes best to get every piece of the game.

Vice City Stories is a good game as well, but there are a few problems for it on the PSP version. If you're driving at a fast speed, the draw distance won't show very well, but it will eventually. At some point of the game, there's some slow gameplay which sucks, as it takes a few minutes to get back to the normal speed of the gameplay. Graphics have improved as well, so it should be a little different, which is nice to see.

There are a bit of problems between both, but those are pretty minor if you ask me. I wouldn't mind getting them (But I already have them!), if you want to have a good Grand Theft Auto collection, then here's your choice. The storyline is always great and it does have twists and turns, so good thing about the Stories' series is that it's still got that "Grand Theft Taste".

Or you could get God Of War as well, that's a good game, but if you want real fun action, with an awesome adventure, then Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories are good as well.

I've got VCS on PSP and LCS on PS2,

both these games are great, and on psp is good cos u can play multiplayer (only adhoc though), plus PSP u can put custom tracks (your own music)

besides like other people said, the psp is good for movies (the screen is nice and big compared to iPod video) and u can use it for internet (i reckon the net on psp is terrible though. always becomes out of memory, my mobile can go on sites PSP cannot, and it never says anything about memory)

but there are PLENTY of other good psp games, so dont say it like its JUST for lcs+vcs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...