#1 calikidd102

calikidd102

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • United States 

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

i installed the luxury pack of rims and they was on there but the rims and tires are gray someone please help me

Edited by calikidd102, 29 May 2008 - 10:20 AM.

#2 Blacklisted

Blacklisted

Felon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

Could you post a link of that modd plz.
Come Visit XeroTolerance, MGO fans and other online gamers. Its new, waiting on you!Posted Image

#3 calikidd102

calikidd102

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • United States 

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

wheels

#4 Blacklisted

Blacklisted

Felon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for the link but I couldn't get past a stupid forgion window. Blocked my view and stays on the top of the page as you scroll.
Come Visit XeroTolerance, MGO fans and other online gamers. Its new, waiting on you!Posted Image

#5 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:26 AM

^ Refresh should do the trick, if not, do a force refresh (Ctrl Shift F5?)

That should get ridda the bugger.

EDIT: Ctrl+Shift+R

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#6 RanxeroX

RanxeroX

Why humanz so dumb?!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

i installed the luxury pack of rims and they was on there but the rims and tires are gray someone please help me

If you're seeing gray, the problem is most likely because the tire & rim textures are not loading or installed. This can be due to:

- Not installing the .txd files that go together with the .dff files of the rims
- The names of the .txd/.dff files aren't matching up for whatever reason
- The .dff files are assigned to the wrong textures

My advice is to make sure that you've, first of all, got the textures installed and named correctly. Check the readme that came (or should have) with the mod and make sure you aren't missing something. Failing that, it's unlikely but still possible (slightly) that the .dff files are assigned the wrong textures. If this is the case, you're outta luck and would have to contact the author for help if you really want those rims.

This MAY help you to know but I installed a set of rims from a different mod and I recall that it was more than just a case of installing the textures and models. You also had to edit a data file to point the game to the right textures. This might also be what is going on in your situation...

Posted Image

\_Kicking ass with a gun in one hand and a steering wheel in the other_/

#7 calikidd102

calikidd102

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • United States 

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:00 PM

If you're seeing gray, the problem is most likely because the tire & rim textures are not loading or installed. This can be due to:

- Not installing the .txd files that go together with the .dff files of the rims
- The names of the .txd/.dff files aren't matching up for whatever reason
- The .dff files are assigned to the wrong textures

My advice is to make sure that you've, first of all, got the textures installed and named correctly. Check the readme that came (or should have) with the mod and make sure you aren't missing something. Failing that, it's unlikely but still possible (slightly) that the .dff files are assigned the wrong textures. If this is the case, you're outta luck and would have to contact the author for help if you really want those rims.

This MAY help you to know but I installed a set of rims from a different mod and I recall that it was more than just a case of installing the textures and models. You also had to edit a data file to point the game to the right textures. This might also be what is going on in your situation...

how do i edit the data file to point the game to the right textuures

#8 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

Just put the new textures in the same place the old ones were, and you won't have to edit an data files, it'll do it automatically. :)

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#9 calikidd102

calikidd102

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • United States 

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

Just put the new textures in the same place the old ones were, and you won't have to edit an data files, it'll do it automatically. :)

ok but i tried everything but it still dont work im just gone give up

#10 Blacklisted

Blacklisted

Felon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:47 AM

Don't give so soon, do know how hard it is to get people to help. These's guys are willing to help, just take your time and one step at a time. How do we learn if we give up before trying?

#11 calikidd102

calikidd102

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • United States 

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:29 AM

Don't give so soon, do know how hard it is to get people to help. These's guys are willing to help, just take your time and one step at a time. How do we learn if we give up before trying?

ok i used the img tool and i deleted the old files and put the new ones in and added the txd and veh_mod file that came with the wheel pack the rims are there but theres something wrong with the color

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users