COD5 already in out in 2008

Ivan

I'd like a cover system, similar to the Gears Of War one though.

Cover systems aren't nice for first person shooters..

And if it's WWII ( again..) then fuck this game. COD4 is awesome. Do something like that. And they better have DX10 support for PC.

That's your opinion.

I think it's nice, take R6V for instance.

It was already confirmed like 2 months ago it would be WW2 again. Surely if you're a fan then some of you would already know this? I have COD4 and it was far too short, but an excellent game. I don't think I'll get this, WW2 is boring now, but if it's at least 2 times as long as COD4, then I might rent it.

EDIT: 2 links to begin with - a forum mentioning it, and the source they quoted:

forum

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=248778

news

http://www.gamer.tm/news.php?id=1848

Just type COD5 WW2 in Google and you'll see lots of links.

Edited by The Bossman

oh going back to WWII is a huge mistake, Vietnam war wouldn't have been so bad, or they could have done the Gulf Wars. I just think WWII has so many games based on it, it sort of makes you sick. I will probably be getting this game for my b-day if its released around then, hope the multiplayer is still good.

Rofl, that was a sudden change of heart :P

But it depens how you implement it of course. As long as the cover system isn't really something "forced" upon you and still is automatic, I guess it actually can be pretty handy. But it shouldn't stop you from quickly leaving your place and stuff. And the hardcore shooter will probably like a option to just turn it off.

*counting days for COD4 to arrive* I know I'm late...

I don't mind CoD5 being back in WWII.

The weapons back them were probably shit, but most of them were fuckin' awesome. Also, the missions that I played in CoD2 were really awesome, probably if they could make completely unique missions would make it better. I also liked the storyline for CoD4, even though it was short, something like that could get somewhere.

If they can pull it off then this WWII FPS can be a success.

• 2 weeks later...

Gamespot says the game takes place during the WW2, it is based on the CoD 4 engine but it is set in the Pacific Area, also the game is much more grittier ( for eg. you can torch japanese soldiers and watch them burn to death using a flamethrower ) ...

News from Xbox.com Not a lot of info in the article but it seems like XBL Marketplace is getting a trailer on the 21st which is sweet. Not sure about PS3 since in the first sentence it says only on XBL Marketplace but I dunno.

Call of Duty: World at War Revealed

Published June 17, 2008

The next Call of Duty® is being revealed! You can watch the premiere of the worldwide reveal trailer for Call of Duty: World at War only on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace June 21.

Call of Duty: World at War completely changes the rules of engagement by redefining WWII gaming and thrusting players into the final tension-filled, unforgiving battles against a new ferocious enemy in the most dangerous and suspenseful action ever seen.

Powered by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare™ technology, Call of Duty: World at War brings an uncensored edge to combat, as soldiers face the most harrowing and climactic European and Pacific battles in which an enemy, who knows no surrender and no retreat, will fight to the last breath, unleashing an arsenal of lethal surprising tactics. Peril and danger lurk throughout the battlefield as players combat the unknown risk of the new chaos of battle.

From the remains of Russia and the ruins of Berlin, to the beach and jungles of the deadly Pacific Theater, the volatile action takes on added depth as players employ new features that previously were only available in multiplayer, including perks, rankings and online stats in up to four-player cooperative gameplay, and take advantage of the new infantry and vehicle-based weapons, like the potent flamethrower, that will set the battlefield ablaze.